Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you in your sweet spot? How many calories?

Before I had my very first fill, I was eating 1100-1200 calories and wasn't feeling too hungry in between meals. I did snack . . . but they were healthy Snacks and they really helped me to get to my goal of 1200 calories for the day. I NEVER went over.

Now that I've had a fill, I have NO idea how I am going to get in 1200 calories. I am at 400 for today, and it's already 4:15, and I'm so NOT hungry.

If you're at your sweet spot, do you only eat like 600 calories?

I'm asking because my doctor recommended 1200 and I don't think it's happening.

How do you know when you are at your sweet spot. I am at 8mls and haven't lost weight for about 6 weeks but am hoping to start loosing again.

SanDiego,

I was banded about a week after you and I get my first fill this Thursday. I am right where you used to be. I get between 1,000-1,200 calories a day, and not hungry between meal (or before meals, or anytime ever...). I'm wondering if I should even get the fill...

My Dr doesn't have us counting calories we just have to eat within the 20 minutes, no drinking during eating, 1/2 hour before or 1/2 hour after, and suggesting we make better food choices. I like that fact that we don't have to count calories. I'm losing, slowly, but am losing. Perhaps counting calories would get me there faster but I like the feeling of not being on a diet and still having what I want to eat.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not REQUIRED to count calories by any means. I WANT to.

During the month without my fill, it helped me to limit myself because I did feel hunger occasionally and I didn't want to sabotage my efforts.

When I realized I was eating too little, it helped me to add in calories to work through a plateau.

Now, I don't think I could add in the extra calories if I wanted to. I'm losing again, but I'm still kind of concerned about only eating 600-800 calories. But if that's the norm, then, well, I'm cool with that. I just wondered if that was really the deal with the fill.

Aside from WW points, I've only counted calories one other time in my life and I crashed and burned because I was always hungry. This is so much fun (counting calories, that is), because now I'm not hungry (I love my band) and because I love the Daily Plate (so cool).

So, I'm just trying to learn more about my new life now that my band has been "turned on" with the fill.

I don't have to count calories either but I do on and off to make sure I am on track. There is no way I could take in 1200 calories in a day and I am at my sweet spot. I would have to spend the whole day nibbling to meet that... or eat unhealthy and I don't do that.

I probably hit between 800-1100. The only time I get near 1100 is when I have my glass of wine at night... Other wise I am close to 800.

I am at my sweet spot since my fill on 7/8 (I havent had one hunger pain) I lose 1-3 pounds a week depending on my level of activity and I have awesome energy. I have made a goal of 9 pounds per month and so far I am on track for it.

Brandy,

Thank you. That is just what I wanted to know. I hope some more people contribute to the discussion because I kind of want to get a general consensus. 1200 just seems so high given the small volume I can eat. I might make it today because after my 5 mile powerwalk, I had a 180 calorie coffee drink . . . my once a week splurge.

Imagine a 180 calorie splurge. LOL. My splurges used to be about 1500 calories AT LEAST. haha!

Thanks again, Brandy. [Oh, and it's hunger PANG, not hunger PAIN . . . though I suppose I did use to consider my hunger painful in the past . . . :eek:].

Imagine a 180 calorie splurge. LOL. My splurges used to be about 1500 calories AT LEAST. haha! :seeya:].

Ah, so you used to ménage a trois with Ben and Jerry too? :biggrin2:

I was banded a bit before you guys and I ate about 600 to 800 cals a day for several months. Then I got used to the band and started eating more.

Now I need to watch my calories to lose weight. Don't worry about the low number for a while- you won't die. And later you'll wish you were back at the 600 level.

I had no hunger for months and now I have a bit more. I have to work at losing now whereas I didn't when I was first banded. i eat about 1000 cals a day now and exercise 2x a day to lose.

I also think your band adjusts a bit over time too. I am at my sweet spot but I think my band has gotten a bit looser over the past couple of weeks. I'll probably need another small fill in a couple of weeks.

When you are first banded, the band is placed over the area that secrets appetite hormones and inhibits the hormones-- so no hunger. When you get a fill, it squeezes that hormone area again-- no hunger. Then you get used to the band and the hunger hormones may return.

I still have much less hunger than I did before the band and my eating is MUCH more managable. Just not as much easy weight loss.

Enjoy your easy weight losses while they last!

Sadie

Also, its harder to lose weight when the BMI gets lower. I think I'm FINALLY at a good spot - had my 4th fill and am at 8cc in a 9cc band. Can't go too far up from here so I hope this will last!