Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went on their website and got the number as well as the next seminar date...all ready alerted my PCP too, just in case. Then I called S&W directly and got Dr. Symmonds' direct office line for my doc as well. So I SHOULD be set...I hope. Thanks for looking out for me Gina, I appreciate it!! If I have any other questions, I know who to come too (I know you're saying..."oh No!" lol).

I don't mind one bit! You can pm me anytime you have a question! And don't forget to keep us updated!

Hello all!

I'm so excited to find some friends from Ft. Hood. I was banded on Dec. 14th. Yep, during R&R. lol :) I go to Southwest Bariatric's in Austin. My Dr. is Dr. Marquez. She is wonderful. The hospital I choose was Seton Williamson in Round Rock. The hospital is new & full of wonderful experienced nurses. :laugh:

Ok, now for the questions! I was doing well till Tuesday. I was feeling sore/very uncomfortable on the way to & back from DFW(taking Hubby back:cry_smile:). I stopped this side of Dallas & threw-up. I was dizzy & was really hurting. :confused_smile:I debated on trying to make it home or stay the night near by. I also wondered if I may be so hungry but didn't really know it. McDonalds was next door. I decided to try my luck & eat the most forbidden food in our new dictionary of foods to eat, french fries & a hamburger. I ate a small amount of fry's(approx 6) & 1/4 of the burger & felt better right away. Yes, I felt guilty but I made it home with 4 kids in tow...Please don't tell me I shouldn't have done that because it was the only thing near when I felt so aweful. I don't plan on doing it again...

Will my first fill(Dec, 4th) help with feeling so aweful? I also have so much indigestion & diarrhea is horrible! My diet right now is lots of vegetables, Jello, Soup etc...

My other questions are is anyone hurting under their left rib cage? Does anyone feel their port? My feels just like when I was pregnant & could feel my child's knee! What does a slip feel like?Please let me know what you all have been experiencing.

Jean:confused:

Did you mean Nov 14th instead of Dec 14th?

Hello all!

I'm so excited to find some friends from Ft. Hood. I was banded on Dec. 14th. Yep, during R&R. lol :) I go to Southwest Bariatric's in Austin. My Dr. is Dr. Marquez. She is wonderful. The hospital I choose was Seton Williamson in Round Rock. The hospital is new & full of wonderful experienced nurses. :laugh:

Ok, now for the questions! I was doing well till Tuesday. I was feeling sore/very uncomfortable on the way to & back from DFW(taking Hubby back:cry_smile:). I stopped this side of Dallas & threw-up. I was dizzy & was really hurting. :confused_smile:I debated on trying to make it home or stay the night near by. I also wondered if I may be so hungry but didn't really know it. McDonalds was next door. I decided to try my luck & eat the most forbidden food in our new dictionary of foods to eat, french fries & a hamburger. I ate a small amount of fry's(approx 6) & 1/4 of the burger & felt better right away. Yes, I felt guilty but I made it home with 4 kids in tow...Please don't tell me I shouldn't have done that because it was the only thing near when I felt so aweful. I don't plan on doing it again...

Will my first fill(Dec, 4th) help with feeling so aweful? I also have so much indigestion & diarrhea is horrible! My diet right now is lots of vegetables, Jello, Soup etc...

My other questions are is anyone hurting under their left rib cage? Does anyone feel their port? My feels just like when I was pregnant & could feel my child's knee! What does a slip feel like?Please let me know what you all have been experiencing.

Jean:confused:

Yes, November 14. Gee, not sure what I was thinking... :) I do have things under control now. I'm eating refried Beans, eggs, toast, mashed potatoes, crackers & some Soups. I'm feeling much better... :thumbup:I think my main problem was that I didn't get enough water(fluids). I was trying not to drink 15 min's before & 60 min's after & that just wasn't happening. My body also is healing much quicker then expected. How is every one else doing???

Jean

I am also in Killeen, Dr. Symmonds did my band one Sept 24th. I love S&W and the whole team. They are so very understand and kind. I have had two fills, could not get the third cause number 2 was my lucky number. Have gone from a 24 to an 18 and everyday getting closer to my 50 pound mark.

Hello all you Killeen Ladies!

WOW!!!! :thumbup:You must be so proud of yourself! I'm down 17 & looking forward to more. I can't wait to get a fill. I am so hungry sometimes. I go Wed. What is your favorite thing to eat?

Kids are getting up... I have to go.

Jean

I was also banded on 11/14 at Williamson County with Dr. Marquez!!! We were probably across the hall from each other. I too am hungry and I have my first fill on Monday :-) I want the bad to start helping me out here :-) I had no issues with the surgery or recovery. If I didn't KNOW I had surgery I wouldn't know anything was different.

I am almost on a regular diet now -- how about you?

lol. :thumbup:Our Doc. said someone else was before me! But, I didn't see anyone in recovery. Congratulations to you! I saw Dr. on Wednesday & was ok'd to eat other stuff. I can't seem to stay full for long. I didn't get a fill & won't till my next appt. in Jan. Not sure how to control the hunger pains accept keep drinking Water. I also feel like nothing happened accept for one incision site on my left side keeps getting infected. Do you have a hubby in the military?

No -- my husband works for Dell. I got home around 5 that day and I was really out of it. Have you lost any more? I am STUCK at 20 lbs. BUT made it through T-giving and my cycle w/o gaining :-) I get my first fill on Monday. I was on mushies at T-giving and EVERY MUSHY has about a million calories -- e.g. sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, dressing.

At this point I seriously can't tell I have a band. Hopefully the first fill will help out :-)

I will let you know what to expect. :sad_smile:

How did your fill go yesterday??? I'm jealous... I get my first fill in the first week of Jan. I'm starving! I'm also stuck at 20 pounds.:frown: I need to get on the Wii fit or get to the gym! lol Hope you are having a good day.:angry_smile:

Jean

Is it true there are more people in Killeen, lol

Hello everyone Im new to Killeen well even new to this whole army wifes thing. I live in Harher Heights and know absolutly no-one and my husband is getting ready to leave for his first deployment. I have two younger kinds and no life . lol

I'm very interested in getting to know anyone in my area that I could get to know more about and how thier sergery went. I seriously contiplating having labband done and would love to find out how I could get started and have some spportive friends while I enter down my path of a healthier life

Dear Ziva,

Welcome to Ft. Hood! I live in Belton or the back side of Hood. I love the being banded. It's only been about 4 weeks for me and I've lost 20 pounds. If your BMI is 40 or more you qualify for the most part. If you are under 40 by just a little bit but have health issues you could qualify. All you need to do is ask your Dr. It's that's easy. You do have to go through the process once you pick a Dr. and that can take several weeks to ?...

Good luck with your hubby leaving. Make sure you know your rear-d people & your FRG contacts. This is our 3rd deployment + two 6 months tours. Staying positive helps...

Jean

Thank you Jean. What is your rear-d people & your FRG contacts????????? It sound like somthing I should know. I went to hisdeployment meeting and got a bunch of numbers to people but Im still unsure what and who they are.

In 25 and im sure my bmi is hight Im 5'9 and 350 last time I was brave enought to get on a scale. I was wondering If I go to Darnell and find a doctor or call tricare, Ill get it figured out. Anyways Thank you and also do you know of any support groups form new army wifes???

There are several support groups for new Army spouses & also new to post. I will get you info tomorrow. If you went to the brief you should have received all the info. needed for frg & rear-d stuff. But, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Make sure you have written down & posted on the fridge or somewhere all your hubby's unit info. If there's an emergency you have to have that for a red cross message. The FRG(family readiness group) is the group that supports the spouse of the soldier & is run by a volunteer for your Hubby's CPT in command. You should get a phone call from the FRG leader if your hubby listed his phone numbers on his data form. If he didn't then you have to give them your #. You definitely want to keep in touch with FRG. They should provide you with information needed during the deployment along with the unit. Have I confused you more? I hope not. The rear-d are the soldiers that stay behind to take care of things while our guys deploy. They are a great bunch of soldiers that work really hard every day. I post more info for you tomorrow.

Jean