Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I live in Killeen...actually not in the city, but have a Killeen address. I was banded on July 14 and Dr Symmonds was my surgeon also. I am doing well and just entering my post op diet stage of full liquids. Five days of those. Yeah, I actually get to have cream of wheat and some yogurt. I have lost weight on the liquids though. I really had a great experience at the hospital, everyone was great there...they really treat you so nice. Don't forget like I did to ask what kind of band they used on you. I did and now must try to find out. That was one thing I was told to remember to ask and darn if I didn't forget. Heck they had me on so much medication, I was lucky to remember who I was. I have not had much pain with this. In reality the pressure in the chest between the breast area is the most annoying. According to the majority of folks in this forum, it is attributed to gas pain. GasX has helped some and I am using the Prilosec. You are welcome to email me if you would care to. My email address is Jodim7@aol.com and my name is Jodi. I am 63years old, soon to turn 64 and wish I could have done this years ago. If I would learn to follow directions, I would do so much better, but I do have such a hard head. Caused my port area to bleed a bit today because I decided to wash windows. Not smart, guess I should have waited another week for that. I have lost 34 lbs since this all began back in March of this year so I am starting to feel better. Had a spurt of energy I guess. Anyway, let me hear from you. Jodi

im from killeen but in the process of moving to va due to order.. still waiting till thursday to see if i get approved im seeing a dr in austin

Hi, I am confused. Are you still scheduled to get the surgery with Dr Symmonds in Temple on Aug. 27th or are you planning to get the surgery in Austin?

Anyone else stationed / live here? I'm scheduled to get my band Aug 27th with Richard Symmonds in Temple.

Melissa

I'm here in Killeen, and I got banded on June 12th by Dr. Symmonds. I was very happy with the whole experience at Scott and White.

Mouth is open...I need to change my PCP...I didn't even KNOW that there was a physican that close to Killeen who banded people. I thought that all of us who lived here HAD to go to Austin. I hate having to go all the way up there every week, just about. I am amazed...lol. BY the way, I live in Killeen too...lol. I am beng banded by SW Bariatrics in Autsin,TX. My PCP is with Kings Daughters Clinics. I was thinking about changing my PCP anyway for other reasons. How is Scott & White? Do you guys like them? I am not exactly feeling satisfied with Kings Daughters although they are not bad people. They are just not giving me the care I feel I need right now.

Hi Army Wife,

My PCP is a doctor in Killeen and I was referred to Scott and White to be banded. Everyone at S&W were just terrific...they treated me so nice and were so informative. Since the surgery I have had two fills and have seen the nurse each time...not the doctor who did the surgery. I see the same nurse each time, she spends plenty of time with me, answers all my questions and concerns. I can call anytime there is a problem or anytime I have a question. I must admit I have not attended the support group meetings like I should be doing, I just cannot remember to go to the darn things and I haven't anyone to go with either. I know my husband would go with me but he probably hates to. If you are unhappy with the care you are getting at your clinic now, you had better speak up. There will be plenty of visits and fill dates that you must attend. I remember that in the beginning the shrink that I saw recommended that I see another doctor in Austin so that I could get the surgery sooner...he told me that S&W was overbooked and running too far behind. I went to see the doctor in Austin but realized that I couldn't possibly go that far all the time for the visits. He was a great doctor though. Tricare was going to approve him too, but in the same time frame, S&W had already scheduled my surgery date. So much for the shrink's information. Good luck on whatever you decide to do...keep me informed. Jodi I still cannot get that darn ticker thingy to work for me...don't know what I am doing wrong...can't get it to my profile.:):cursing::thumbup: LOL!

ArmyWife, I totally agree with leelee, I was very happy with the whole process at Scott and White. I did have to wait a little, but I thought the wait was more than worth it to not have to drive to Austin every two weeks. Plus, the nurse who does the fills is great and she really cares about how we are doing, and she's had her own band for two years so she really knows what we're going through.

When I had the surgery (08-27), S&W were really good to me. I joked around with the nurses and doctors all the way until they put that mask on me. I only had one issue in recovery where I was batting at my nose because whatever was in it was bugging me - I thought it was a regular double nose breather for oxygen. The nurse got the hint and all of a sudden pulled a tube out without letting me know, hurt a little. Other than that, the were really awesome. I went in for my pre-op visit and asked Dr. Symmonds 2.5 pages worth of questions I'd typed out and he took the time to go through all of them with me to put me at ease.

Oops, I'm sorry ladies, my "SW" stood for South West, not Scott and Whites...lol. I hope that didn't lead anyone to the wrong conclusions. It sounds like you all are vey happy though. I am starting to think that I am with the wrong doctor now. I am glad I came on here b/c I thought that all of us who lived in Killeen HAD to go to Austin for the lapband. Now I see I don't. I guess it just depends on where your PCP is. I really want to change mine now. I really don't want to have to trek to Austin all the time like that, y'all have seen those gas prices...YIKES!!

OK Ladies, so I talked to TriCare today and they told me that I could use the same referral that my PCP gave me for the lapband that's approved by them to CHANGE my surgeon to get one closer to where I am. I was actually shocked. So now here's my question for all of you who went through Scott and White...how did you start? Was there a seminar you went to? If so can someone let me know a number or something I could call? I'd appreciate it a lot!

Hello to all,

I am here on Fort Hood and had my surgery done at Southwest Bariatrics back in April of this year. I would really enjoy being apart of your group. Is there a get together that you all attend? If there is any questions I can answer just ask. I went through Tricare for my surgery too.

Renee

Hello to all,

I am here on Fort Hood and had my surgery done at Southwest Bariatrics back in April of this year. I would really enjoy being apart of your group. Is there a get together that you all attend? If there is any questions I can answer just ask. I went through Tricare for my surgery too.

Renee

How was your experience with them? This is who my pcp placed me with, dr. stephen clark to be exact. I am working with deby rodriguez @ st. david's now. I'm in killeen 2. How are the drives for the fills for you? Did you have to do any copays for the exercise and nutrition exams? Alot of ???'s, I know...lol.

So now here's my question for all of you who went through Scott and White...how did you start? Was there a seminar you went to? If so can someone let me know a number or something I could call? I'd appreciate it a lot!

Here's the number if you haven't already gotten it: (254) 724-2397. They should be able to tell you what you need to do next.

Here's the number if you haven't already gotten it: (254) 724-2397. They should be able to tell you what you need to do next.

I went on their website and got the number as well as the next seminar date...all ready alerted my PCP too, just in case. Then I called S&W directly and got Dr. Symmonds' direct office line for my doc as well. So I SHOULD be set...I hope. Thanks for looking out for me Gina, I appreciate it!! If I have any other questions, I know who to come too (I know you're saying..."oh No!" lol).