Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My G.R.I.T.S

I was born in NYC then raised in North Cackalacky.

I have been known to eat grits (like when I was 3) but won't touch them now. Ya'll can have them!

Awww cmon claudine. Not even a little? Its not like we r asking u to eat chitterlings :thumbup:

:)

Hey ya'll, I got a friend who lives in Frisco, right outside of Dallas, and she is looking for a doctor to perform her surgery. Any suggestions on a good doc out there

Actually yes, I used Dr. Frank Felts with True Results in Richardson, Texas. It's not that far. He is great. My husband and I both had the surgery done in July. Not sure if she is going through her insurance or not, but both my husband and I were self-pay. We met with Dr. Felts in May at the informational, made our first appointment with them and my hubby was banded on June 6th, and I was banded on June 13th. Other than residual pain in for two days we are both fine. He has a partner Dr. Benevides (sp?), but the are great. They get their approvals fast too. :thumbup:His assistant GiGi, also had the surgery. Tell her to look him up, she can google him.

Jennifer

Awww cmon claudine. Not even a little? Its not like we r asking u to eat chitterlings :thumbs_up:

Now that is a "Hell No" for the chitterlings. Sorry gals - I just can't.:thumbup:

Hey everyone,

Just came across G.R.I.T.S and I love it.........my fav is cheesy Grits and fried fish (South Carolina style) I am on my pre-op diet and the thought of it is killing me.........LOL!!

Born and raised in Holly Hill South Carolina went to Atlanta for college and now in Fort Worth Texas..........I won't leave the south for nothing in the world.....:thumbup:

Hey Yall,

I am also in Birmingham for the girls that are here. I rarely post though, but I am so glad that there is a place for the WOC to come and talk. When I first started trying to find information, I really didn't see a place to come and talk about what is going on with me as a WOC. I have not been approved for lap band yet (I use Touliatos at Trinity--formerly Medical Center East) and they have been great. Outside of the loooong wait during your appointment, the lady that handles the insurance stuff has been good. Yesterday she called my cell phone to let me know that she will be sending my stuff to insurance today. My biggest concern is whether or not I am going to be hungry. I know it sounds simple, however, I have been dieting for most of my life (I started at 13 with Dick Gregory's Bohemian diet-awful stuff) and I know that if I am starving I am going to be miserable. A little hunger I can handle, but when I was on Weight Watchers I'd be like ok, it's 12:00 in the afternoon, I am starving and I have 5 points left. Anyway, hopefully this will not be the case. The other thing I is that I am glad there are other Southern women here. My husband, who likes a big woman but is coming around, says that WLS does not work for Southern women because we are such good cooks and because we love to eat good food (true) but I will have to come to terms with eating, as he says, like a Northerner. Anyway, just venting a little. By the way, my surgeon tried to convince me to have gastric, not because of size, because I am borderline, but because he says studies show AA women do worst with any WLS so to get me where I want to be with the weight loss, gastric would be the best option. I would lose about what other ethic groups would lose with LB. He was not being mean, just straight statistics-he lacks that warm and fuzzy personality. Which is another reason I am glad this group exsist, for support. Thanks guys and drop me a line whenever you feel like.

Now that is a "Hell No" for the chitterlings. Sorry gals - I just can't.:wink2:

ROFLMAO:lol::):lol::hurray::lol::party: Now I do have to agree with you on that. Like my girl Whitney Houston says "hell to tha nawl".

Hi yall

Born and raised mobile alabama..now I live in west palm beach fl...also known as little new york

I know Mobile very well, especially Orange Beach:laugh:

Hi San! It's great to meet another Bhamian on the forum. I am using Dr. Schmitt @ sve. I am sure your approval will come through soon. Listen, don't worry about those statistics, there are a lot of successful banders that are WOC (did u see Sheila's album?) I am claiming success and victory over all of this fatty watty!:wink2::lol::)

#1 Bodybugg- has anyone used this and what was your thoughts on it??

#2 I want to puree my on food when I am going through the mushy stage and I want foods like beef,chicken, pork,etc. Do anyone know of a machine that would really puree these types of foods?? I have heard only negative comments about the Magic Bullet, so I am not sure. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

P.S I am just really nervous ....my surgery is a week from now and I don't know what to expect. I have never had any type of surgery in my life and have never been put under and I just want everything to go well. I have been on my knees so much lately praying that I have a great surgery, speedy recovery with no complications, and be a successful bander. I have no famliy here in Texas but my mom, father, & fiance will be flying here this weekend to be with me. I am so blessed.................and now I have yall....thanks for all the support....we have some amazing women in this world!!!!

Hi

i am also from louisiana Yettia i am from baton rouge yeah bush let us down but God will handle it and I hope people will be blessed and come up from being knocked down and end up in a better place than they were in at home in n.orleans.i was banded on 11/27/07 and have lost 81pds.

Hey this is Bigbaby checkin' in...I'm in Duncanville, TX (suburb of Dallas).

Poohprecious--I've been banded a year. I would suggest that you not puree your food. Stick with the post-op instructions that your doctor provides. I can truly tell you that success with the lapband begins in the mind.