Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stress and the band

I was in a very high stress situation this past weekend and COULD NOT eat. After about 2 bites I was done. Does stress effect the band to that extent? Today is the first day I have really been able to eat. I don't know if maybe I messed something up or it was just the stress. I could not even get Soup down this weekend. Any insight you have would GREAT!!!!

Stress definitely affects me in this way. It also increases the likelihood that I will have heartburn as well. My stomach is just ultra-sensitive to stress and perhaps you are similar.

Did anything else happen over the weekend like pb'ing or vomiting?

I am affected the same way by stress... and will not be able to eat or will pb if I eat before I figure out that the stress has tightened me up. Makes me mad too, because usually it is following an argument before or during dinner (happens sometimes, we're human...lol). Then I get even angrier/more stressed because I "wanted" that meal!

arrrggghhhh...

Tina

Actually I'm glad to hear this b/c I usually end up eating more when I'm stressed. Perhaps the band will also help me learn not to go to food and find other ways, that are more healthy, to deal with problems and situations. The more I read and hear about the lap band the more I'm convinced that this is going to be the tool I will need to help me finally be successful.

this defenatly happens to me. my food gets stuck and I usually PB when I get stressed out and eat. Not a good combo. The same thing happens when I workout and then eat within a hour of exercise.

weight.png

Thank you everyone for your repsonses. No I did not throw up or PB but I knew that I couldn't eat. A friend of mine works at the my doctors office and I am going to go in today just to make sure everything is ok. I thought I needed a fill but I am not so sure. I will talk to hime today. Again thank you for your help I don't know what I would do without this site sometimes!!!!

Wow - I can't believe this thread! I have been under EXTREME stress/pressure due to interim job situation. I have never experienced any PB's or even uncomfortable feeling since being banded in March (2 fills since). However, this morning, I actually had to pull over while driving to work because I felt a bit ill. Then at lunch I had the same situation.

I thought maybe it was because I was re-thinking the stress while I was eating and was just SHOVING in the food!

By the way - PB = Productive bump. Not exactly the same as vomiting as the food is still in the little pouch and not mixed with the digestive juices in our stomachs. I've heard it can be very painful!

I went to the doctor and he said it is normal. Stress can affect the body in different ways.He said as long as I am getting back to normal then everything was fine. Thank you so much sharing your advice and stories!!!

Lot's of things can tighten a band. It's not the same for everyone, but the things that can affect it are:

1. Flying at high altitudes

2. stress

3. Constipation

4. menstruation

5. hiccups

6. stomach spasms or esophogeal spasms

7. getting a fill

8. stomach flu and excessive vomiting

9. scuba diving and change in pressure

I'm sure there's more, but these are the ones I've heard about.