Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got banded 2 days ago

I was banded 2 days ago.Things went great! 2 of the nurses who prepped me for surgery had gotten the lap band over a year ago. Both had lost 80+ lbs and looked/felt great. Very reasuring. I was in surgery 1 1/2 hours. From what the Doc says I was in a lot of pain in recovery but once I go the shot of Demerol I felt great. I was up walking around later that day and even visited with another lap patient for 40 minutes. (had to laugh as they put me on the maternity floor due to lack of rooms and as I have a tummy, I looked like I just had a baby! lol even had someone say congrats to me! I smiled and said thanks! lol ). I was able to eat ice chips and sip Water and felt fine. The ride home ( over an hour ) was a little rough but the liquid Pain med took the edge off. I slept on the couch as getting up and down is kinda painful. I have found that an ice pack has helped with the discomfort. Did get minor gas pain in the center of my chest, which I was told was normal. Otherwise I am not in severe pain.I have had chicken broth, water and crystal light. I tried popsicles but they were too sweet ! lol they were even sugar free.Just for kicks I stepped on the scale and found I had lost 3 lbs! I am sure that was alot of Fluid but it was a nice surprise. I am so grateful I had done this and am looking forward to a happy and healthier me! This site has been a great source of info as well. I know the post is long but just wanted to pass on my experience!! Michelle

OMG this excites me to have my surgery! So glad to hear your surgery went well. Mine is in 2 weeks....im excited!!! Good luck with your progress and keep us notified of your success

Thanks for the kind words! I feel great. I am having Jello for the first time and having no problems with it. I am going to take a walk today and enjoy the sunshine ( not much of that in Maine these days! ). I will keep everyone postedon myprogress..feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

Congratulations, welcome to Bandland. Sounds like you've jumped into the program and are doing well. Good luck.

Congratulations, Michelle! Please don't "overdo" so you'll continue to heal without any complications. Did you take that limo to and from the hospital? What a cool idea!

Congrats on your band. How are you doing? Im scheduled for my first appt and hoping to schedule a date after that. Real nervous.

Congrats palmtrz! And not on the "baby" That is too funny! Glad you are recovering well, keep up the good work! Welcome to Bandland!!!

Michelle Congratulations. It sounds like you are off to a great start. Keep getting in your liquids and walk some. you will be healed up in no time. Congrats on those 3 pounds. Each pound counts!!!! Come back and post when your feeling better.

Congratulations! I've had my band for 3 weeks and I already love it! My sister and you share the same bandanniversary. She was banded on Friday and she's doing great, too! I look back now and I can't believe how nervous I was before my surgery. Heck, getting my tattoo hurt more than my surgery did! :) Each day it gets easier, I promise. Just don't overdo. Oh, if my sister reads this....please don't tell Mother I have a tattoo!!!!!

Congrats on your band! Sounds like you are doing great! I love hearing stories like yours as I've been thinking a lot about how well I'll recover. LOVE hearing how strong you are so soon after.

Yay you!!!!

Congratulations. You sound great. I was banded in December and my daughter is being banded this coming Thursday. (Oh my gosh, it's finally here!). I hope she does as well as you did! I also had a pretty easy recovery.

Best wishes & keep us posted,