Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does everyone do for a living?

Congratulations, Dancing Queen! I am just finishing my dissertation for my Ph.D. in Health Psychology. Good luck in your doc program!!!

I just finished my Ph.D. comprehensive exams and will be beginning my Doctoral dissertation in Adult and Post Secondary Education in July. Congratulations on getting to the finish line.

Thanks! And congrats to you on finishing comps. The hoops you have to jump through on your way through a doctoral program are a pain in the butt, but I never feel better about myself than I do when I complete something and know I did a good job. Lots of work, but good for the self-esteem. Good luck on the dissertation!

I am a law enforcement communications officer..... been doing that for over 25 years. My surgery is just 4 days away!!!!!

I just finished my Ph.D. comprehensive exams and will be beginning my Doctoral dissertation in Adult and Post Secondary Education in July. Congratulations on getting to the finish line.

Congratulations to all you new Ph.Ds and Ed.D.s. I've been a professor for 17 years and I'd like to retire. But it's wonderful when you accomplish something so hard. I remember that I was working so hard on my Ph.D. that when I finished, I had depression because I didn't have enough to do just teaching 5 classes. My friend had the same thing. But we got over it and now I don't like to work much at all. I hate office hours and my poor students just have to email me to get in touch with me. I'm glad we're getting some new blood so we oldsters can get out of the way.

I am an elementary principal. I have just been accepted into the Educational Leadership doctoral program at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville and I begin in August! This is a big deal for me..my high school counselor told me I wasn't "college material"! I have conquered so many negative things in my life. I will be banded June 27th and I will conquer yet another obstacle MY WEIGHT!!

Congratulations on being accepted at Arkansas. You will be about 70 miles from me. Fayetteville is a lovely city and you will like it there. Enjoy working on your doctorate.

Penni, I couldn't help but notice your self-description. Are you OK? Dumb question, I know. . .

I'm a full-time legal translator (Spanish/Portuguese) and part-time grad student (English).

I am thrilled that you are a grad. student in English. I run the M.A. program at our university and I think we need a whole lot more intelligent students like you.

That was good experience I bet......

I also taught a semester of humanities at a prison in Texas. I had some of the best students I've ever had there (and some of the worst). It was daunting being a woman in a class of 40 men in prison uniform. The guard was the biggest problem. I think he had an I.Q. of about 35.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Your are all making me feel so inferior. I can't even imagine getting my doctorate. You are all an inspiration! But I'm most envious of the stay at home moms. What a blessing!

I'm a postal worker and I actually do like my job except for the time away from my boys.

To be banded in Mexico on June 26!:clap2:

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'm a school counselor, work mostly with troubled children and their families, learning disabled kids. Work mainly for school districts (circuit rider....travel 3 counties), but have done private practice in past. Also taught at the university level in summers for several years. (Shhhh.....also a private investigator for judges/lawyers (family court).

rainbow......my DH was a power plant control room operator for 27 years. Got 'downsized' and retired too young. He loved the work.

Senior consultant in corporate learning & development. I specialize in building distance learning systems, divergent learning theory, and application of learning styles.

Outside of my regular 8 - 5 I own my own business designing and developing websites, and DH plays his role building custom computers, setting up networks, designing databases, etc.

I'm currently in graduate school working on a MS in IPT. I'm hopefully done next year and will roll over into a PhD in human performance engineering.

i have my masters degree in mental health counseling. i have worked with both children,adolescents and adults in therapy for about 15 years now.

I'm the only girl on an 80 man crew. I feel your pain sparkey. I'm the open pit mine maintenance coordinator for Barrick Goldstrike. Yes sir, it is literally a gold mine. You should see the big pit I work in. You can see a picture of it at www.bgmi.com . :boxing:

I am a stay at home mom, social activist, volunteer, and artist. My time is taken up with parenting mostly and the rest, I have to actually schedule it on the calendar to fit it in. I have 4 children ranging in age from 8 to almost 5 months. My art varies depending on impulse----currently I can't get enough of PS CS2! I was a photographer in my previous life (aka. before kids) and have shifted my focus (parden the pun) from sports and portraiture to botanicals and stills. I recently began working with silversmithing and pmc creating small wearable sculptures and jewelry. I also play as an independant representative for a terrific jewelry company called Silpada Designs. I do home shows, trade shows (like fairs and such), and catalog shows, as well as direct sales. I like the jewelry line and it is fun to meet new people. The home shows are the most fun in that I have an excuse to get a babysitter (when my husband has to work) and go party with the girls! My life is Better than Good!