Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Main Thread-Girlfriends: Women of Color and WLS

Has anyone else stopped taking pictures? The last few years of my life are recorded only in my memory. Whenever I hear "say cheese" my response is "I don't do pictures."

Hey april i kinda been the opposite, i was out with friends yesterday and was glad be be in the pics (i wouldnt normally) but i wanted to get those final "big girl" pics in so in the future i will look back and see how well i have done when i get to goal, also to remind me NEVER to go back there. i have also decided to start video blogging my journey, i think it would be great to look back on :party:

Me too. Ijust a photo taken of me that was POSTED!!!!

I thoght to myself"that is a damn shame"...to let myself get this big.

- I feel when I look back at them I can say um um um...never again.

I have always loved to take pictures. Up until I really did not like the image on them. I could not believe that it was me in some of them. I have pictures from when I was a child, through a teenager and through my first preganancy and then for four year I have none. I begin taking them again to chronicle where I am starting from.

I am tired of looking at my "fine as wine pictures" and hating on myself. I have always loved fashion and loved looking good. I still try to keep myself up -that's why I have got to lose this weight. People at work will compliment me like you are "Kimora Lee" (my style I guess) Yeah right! More like Kimora lee on a doughnut diet! More like Sara Lee

I never let them see me sweat, but the truth is when I look in the mirror I don't know who that person is. She does not match the mental picture that I have of myself.

My ins. requires a 3 year weight documentation. I had not been to the dr. in almost four years (stopped taking care of my health) so I don't have recorded medical weights and anything before that time my bmi is too low.

Well, to make a long story short my ins. allows photos as documentation. i had to scramble like hell to find pictures of myself!-Can we say reality check?

Edited by Apple8<)

I have always had good self-esteem I guess. I LOVE--LOVE--LOVE---taking pictures. No matter what size I was--I was and still am always posing--especially since I now have a neck :unsure:

My insurance required a 5 year weight history and I had to do the same thing with the photos. I had only 3 years of medical history out of that time. It was a major reality check.

For you all needed medical histories - what about your gynecological records? I hope you attended your women's exams regularly....they do a weigh in each year and I know every year since I started going I would gain like 20-30lbs and it would be out of control....I hated looking at my chart seeing how much weight I would gain each year. Try to use that as a historical record too.

About pics - I love taking pics of my face, by myself. I usually hold the camera straight out or up high and it gets a good angle. I love my face. Now full body pics I don't like as much because the "fat" of me shows so much...but in reality that's how everyone sees me. So like someone said my image of myself isn't the true me. But hopefully soon it will be!

I guess my problem is...like T.O said...I love me some me!! So I didn't have any problems taking pictures...but I always had to get my pose just right and be on my "good" side. My reality check came when I took my id photo for my new job and I looked horrible...just swole....I was totally disgusted.

I sure you all will do just fine! i was looking at my pixs i was like wtf was i thinking to let my self get like that??! oh well no matter what i think or feel or see its all me! im back getting my life back what the devil thought he had im gonna be all right! im loosing pounds as well as inches i was baned on the 5th of may this year still sum hills to claim and changes but hey im doing it. hope every one keep in touch and yes i will aslo.

One of my pictures after my son was a year old looks as though I was still pregnant!:cool2::smile::smile: When I saw that I knew I had to do something. I did Atkins for 10 months and lost 80 pounds but I have gained it all back. I look forward to taking pictures again.

I had a BMI of barely 40. My ins. won't cover otherwise ( no comorbids) I made sure that I met the requirements before I went to my consultation.