Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I noticed (not so much the past month) but for a couple of months prior (I'm almost 6 months post op) that I was "shedding" more than normal - I noticed it most when I was washing my hair and constantly picking hair from my fingers. I have a LOT of hair though so it wasn't really noticeable and it seems to have calmed down... for now. I'd rather be skinnier and healthier with slightly temporarily thinned hair however....

I have lost a least a third of my hair...other people dont notice, but it really bothers me. However, it has slowed down dramatically now. Stress from surgery and smaller amounts of Protein are the culprits. Everyone says it is only temporary.

I noticed (not so much the past month) but for a couple of months prior (I'm almost 6 months post op) that I was "shedding" more than normal - I noticed it most when I was washing my hair and constantly picking hair from my fingers. I have a LOT of hair though so it wasn't really noticeable and it seems to have calmed down... for now. I'd rather be skinnier and healthier with slightly temporarily thinned hair however....

Hi Ang1982;

I'm being banded in Mexico on 23rd. I've heard your doc woodhead will do fills for people that go outside the country. I live vancouver

Don't want to go to Seattle for fills. Is he good? Please let me know.

Thanks Vanman

Hi everyone. Protein is definitely the key! My dr. and my nutritionist both told me to up my protein when my hair started falling out. I do have a lot of hair and lose a little anyway, but when it started coming out in what I thought were pretty big clumps, I panicked! Once I increased my protein and got back to regular meals - including veg and fruit (at least as much as I could around all the protein), it got better. It's completely fine now. Don't worry...try to fix your protein. If that doesn't work, talk to your doc. Steph

I talked to my nutritionist yesterday because I too have lost about a 3rd of my hair's worth. She reminded me it will get better since I don't have the malabsorption problem by-passers do. She said my 90gms Protein intake per day is wonderful. To help ease my mind though, she told me to go to Sally's and get their oral hair Vitamin. She said for me to take my usual vit in the am, then one of those in the pm.

My hair started coming out about a month ago. I've been getting plenty of Protein and eating a really balanced diet. My surgeon said it's the stress that my body has gone through. He assured me it would grow back. Fortunately I also have a very thick head of hair so no one has noticed. But there are times when I'm losing it in small clumps of maybe 20 strands or so. I also started taking Biotin (haven't noticed it helping yet).

I talked to my nutritionist yesterday because I too have lost about a 3rd of my hair's worth. She reminded me it will get better since I don't have the malabsorption problem by-passers do. She said my 90gms Protein intake per day is wonderful. To help ease my mind though, she told me to go to Sally's and get their oral hair Vitamin. She said for me to take my usual vit in the am, then one of those in the pm.

That's a great idea! Is it a relatively small pill? Or does it have to be crushed?? Thanks!:biggrin2:

Biotin comes in different sized capsules...the ones I got are small. I haven't had a problem with them, and I just had a fill Tuesday. I'm not sure if it will help or not, but I figured it was worth a try. It might actually be better to help my hair grow back instead of helping to stop it. But, at least I feel like I'm doing something to help it.

Well, I think I'll try it for PREVENTING my hair to come out... I am getting lots of Protein, but I'd really rather keep my thick, healthy hair!

The funny thing is that my hair had never been healthier before it started falling out...probably b/c of all of the Protein. My stylist even commented on how healthy it seemed the last time I went for a cut and color. Oh well...I'm trying not to obsess about it. Even with some of my hair coming out, I think the trade-off is worth it!

I was banded on April 22, and have lost 45 lbs so far:biggrin2:!!! I've noticed the past couple of weeks, my hair is falling out in hand-fulls. I really notice it when I wash my hair. I've started taking Biotin, and using Nioxin Shampoo, I hope this helps. I don't want to be skinny and bald!!!! I feel I"m eating enough Protein. I've been eating beef Jerky and nuts for Snacks. What else can I do???:confused2: I've heard the stess of having surgery and going under anestheia can make this happen too.