Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pleasr Help!! I dont know where I`m going wrong!

Hi Everyone,:biggrin2: I am sooo disappointed and dont now where I`m going wrong.:redface: I had my band done 3 weeks ago the first week I had an amazing weight loss of 10 pounds, I know a lot of this was probably Fluid but was really happy with a start like that! Anyway week 2, I lost a pound and a half. I must admit I was a little disappointed but do know I cant expect huge loses every wk. Last night was weigh in night and I have lost nothing at all!! I was absolutely gutted and dont understand.:smile2: If I were just on a diet pre banding and was as strict as I have been with myself I would have expected a loss of 2-3 pounds and prob had a treat or two along the way. I have been having less than 1000 cals a day....where could I be going wrong. The weight seems to be falling off all of you!!!

I am starting to panic now because I am getting sooo hungry but I haven`t given in to temptation once.. BUT if I do then my weight is going to go up really quick if I cant even lose on less than 1000 !!!! I have my first fill on the 30th july.

Thanks for all your help and support.

Georgina xx

Georgina don't worry!!

I was banded about the same time as you and had only 1lb loss in the last week and a half.

Every diet I've ever done 3 week is a bit iffy.

It's just your body taking a bit of time to adjust to whats going on.

As you're having less than 1000 cals a day try upping it to about 1200 and see if his makes a difference. It might just give your metabolism a kick!!

Keep up the good work and you'll get some off soon I'm sure

Amanda

hey!

i agree with the above your not giving your body enough cals, it needs 1200 min to function properly. Your body is thinking im not getting enough energy so im going to hold on to the lil bit i have.

up the cals and see how you go xx

Hi Georgina

I'm glad in a way to be reading your post (although of course not to hear you are worried) but what i mean by that is i am in exactly the same situation the last few weeks i have lost nothing..!!! honestly nothing at all. But like you over the first few weeks i lost 10lb and then 2lb and 2lb again so i have lost exactly a stone, but then nothing. To be honest i am quite happy to just stay the same until my first fill but this is not until the 9th August..!! I am too very hungry at the minute but just trying to keep myself occupied and eat healthy food. Just think hopefully on the 30th (which is only a few weeks away) you will get good restriction and long may the weight loss continue. I think we all have spent too long stressing over weightloss and diets etc which is why we all took the band root, lets not forget that what we have lost over a short amount of time is a good lost and this is a long but successful journey that cannot be rushed.

I would say to eat more than 1000cals tho, are you eating 3 meals a day..? and are you feeling any restriction..?

Although I am a newbie banded person, I am not a stranger to the diet world. You should not be starving yourself. Your body is holding onto everything it can because you are not supplying it with the fuel it needs to keep going. I´d suggest you call your doctor and ask if it´s okay to go on a diet of 5 or 6 small healthy meals a day. Load up on soft veggies, fish, chicken, Soups, salads, fruits, whatever you can and keep yourself content.

Remember it takes approx 20 minutes for the brain to register that you have eaten, so chew slowly and only dish your food up on a side plate instead of a full meal plate.

Good luck hun, your first fill is not that far away. :thumbs_down:

Congratulations on your new bands!! :blink:

DO NOT BE TRYING TO DIET RIGHT NOW!!!! These first stages are for healing ONLY! Doesn't mean you should go crazy but give yourselves a break. The only time you should worry about it is when you are on solid foods and getting your fills. Until you start getting fills, you're going to be hungry and it's going to be hard to not get out of control. Do know that it is COMMON for people to gain a few pounds until they start getting their fills and feeling restriction. Your band doesn't work without fills and restriction. Until then, follow dr's orders and concentrate on healing and just do the best you can.

Best wishes to all of you! Take care!

Georgina. I'm probably not much help, but just want to offer you a few words of support. I haven't weighed myself yet, but i am 2weeks 2days post op (not that i'm counting)! The first couple of weeks I felt I lost loads, but although I haven't weighed myself, I think my weight loss may be slowing down too - just a feeling.

You sound to me like a seasoned dieter (me too) and if you think about times when you were dieting before, there would be weeks when you would be fantastically strict and were sorely dissapointed on the scales. This used to happen to me a lot and I would wonder how that could be. Other weeks I would be a pig and would have lost 2 or 3lbs!!!

Just hang on in there, keep going you may find it comes off in the next couple of weeks. I agree with the other girls, I have heard before if your body holds onto your stores of fat if you don't take in enough calories. Being female we're also cursed with Fluid retention at certain times of the month! :lol:

Are you exercising? Thats one thing I really need to step up with. Maybe increasing your activity may give your body the little push it needs.

Hang in there girl!!!:confused:

N xx

Thanks everyone for all your advise and kind words of support. I am going away this weekend for 2 days with my sister and hope to just chill out and not spend every minute thinking about weight loss!! It can completely take over every waking thought cant it? Like you say my fill is only a couple of weeks away and I will try upping my cals a little. Have looked at a thread on the post op pages about "what did you eat today.".. wow the americans with bands seem to eat so very little. just a cup of this and half a cup of that.... doesnt seem enough to keep a sparrow alive!! Is this what we are meant to eat like once filled!! If so my bod will think my throats been cut not stomach banded....lol.... also found a great post on Ireland lap band support... it was about what to expect in the first year of banding... wow.. thought the bit about weight loss stopping around week 2-3 was written with me in mind...worth a read for anyone feeling like me at the mo...

Georgina xxx

The funny thing is that I almost didn't get my band because I told my husband if I could have the willpower to drink only liquids for 4-5 weeks then I would be half-way to my goal weight - so why would I be losing slower with the band than without. I got the band for the willpower that I don't have but I must admit I am very disappointed with the weight loss - I am 14 days post-op, still swollen, stomach distended, port swollen and feel much heavier than before the surgery. Weird.

Hi Georgina. Just read the thread you mentioned.

Its so true - it makes sense, but its so frustrating when your really trying to lose weight and are making a conscious effort to really cut down your intake, and the weight doesn't come off!!

Like the lady said in the post - it probably took much more than 2 years to put the weight on, but if your like me - I'm looking for instant results and I know I'm being unrealistic!!

Anyway - its really comforting to know that we're not alone and there are people all over the world going through exactly what we are at the moment!

I think we need to be realistic here. This band is not a magic wand. The weight is not going to fall off within the first 4 weeks. I am trying really hard to relax on weighing myself everyday. I am starting to realise that the weight will only really start coming off when I get my fills. Until then I am concentrating on eating healthy, doing some excerise and preparing my mind for a new way of thinking about food.

It took me years to put this weight on, how can I expect to lose it all in 4 - 6 weeks, that is totally unrealistic. **This is me thinking to myself**