Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks...I'm pretty excited about it. The program starts out pretty pricey, but ends up being more like community college price for one year at the end. I can handle that much better and my clinicals are done in my department (except for the community one). I just want to get this finished so I can move forward, have a career change doing something like what you're doing!

~C

Hi Everyone.

Sorry I've been off more than on the past few days. Been in a slump. I decided to tackle a big cleaning job Sunday and did a huge amount of bending and pushing and lifts plant pots to clean around them and I really hurt today all over my abdomen. I guess the muscles and scar tissue is still easy to hurt. I can eat fine so I don't think I hurt anything other than my muscles. But boy oh boy, do I hurt. Right across the upper stomach area. Feel like I just had surgery again!

I've been very down all together. My husband's business has been in the toilet lately- he's in the watch and jewelry business- and it's really getting to me. I'm angry at him for not pushing more when business was good, because we're really feeling it. Gold is up and the economy is lousy....not a good combination. People can't buy when they need to put gas in their tanks, and then the product goes up in price as well. Lousy. He's feeling angy at "the world" and when he's not angry, he's depressed. So now, I'm angry and veryvery down. I'm praying hard that a deal he has going turns out well.....it could make all the difference. I work long hours and work hard and I'm so frustrated when I watch him be angry instead of looking for more work. ARRRGGGHH! Not your problem.

Anyway, it is my birthday today, Monday (11th). Turned 57. I'm really lucky that I don't look my age, but today I feel it. Hurt and feel sad. And we had a staff retreat today and food was all over the place. I found out that gooey Peanut Butter chocolate brownies do down just fine, as do chocolate kisses. BAD DAY! I'm sure the sugar shock isn't making me feel any better. Oh well, first sugar day I've had. Guess it had to happen. I was 261.5 this morning. Down .5 . I guess I'll get back there in a day or two.

Thanks for listening!

Guest Leslie2Lose

How did I delete this subscription? Sorry guys :-)...I've been around, but I somehow deleted us.

Happy Belated Birthday Gwen!!! How's everyone doing this week?

Happy Birthday Gwenn! I'm sorry you're feeling down. Things are bound to pick up! Being sore can be a good thing you know...you are now aware of all those accessory muscles just hanging out inside you waiting to be stimulated! Keep up the good work! LOL

~Carol

Sorry to be a drag.Honestly, I don't get like this often. Too many things happening at once. My husband tried to make me smile, and that's worth a lot.

As to my belly, I have been just a little worried......do you think it's just charlie horse or a pull? Do you think I could have damaged anything?

Yesterday I ate a lot (and had the gooey brownie). Since then I haven't been comfortable eating. Last night I had a nasy PB with slime, and today I'm feel bloated. I think I'm going to go on liquids for a day or so and then back to very very basic again.

On top of everything else going on, I don't want to be a hypochondriac but I'm just a tad worried. Any thoughts?

Guest Leslie2Lose

Gwen - I'm sorry you're feeling bad. If you are still really sore, I'd call your doctor and get checked out. You'd rather be safe than sorry. Don't beat yourself up over the brownie either - heavens, I had a white chocolate molten cake from Chilis the other night (yes it was shared), but I still purposely ordered it. Life's not worth living if you can't enjoy things every once and again. It's a treat - enjoy and move on. You're still down .5...a loss is a loss.

Here's something to cheer you up - You've lost over 50 pounds!!! That's the size of a six year old child. Absolutely awesome!!!

Oh Gwenn...I feel bad that you feel bad!

You most likely didn't damage anything related to your band, but you sound quite worried so maybe getting it checked out would give you peace of mind.

As for the treat? Well, I have to confess that whenever I cheat a little I lose weight. I honestly don't know what that is all about, but it's true. I've had a sweet treat a few times and like Leslie said, you can't go through life without enjoying things once in a while!

Hang in there sweetie...we're here for you!

~C

Guest Leslie2Lose

Turler - look at you - Miss 41 pounds lost! You are ahead of me now....I'm now jealous! LOL

I did something today I have NEVER done. I got up at 5:30 a.m. I'm surprised I didn't get struck by lightning (it's storming here too). I worked out - at 6:00. Did my running - at 6:00 IN THE MORNING. Anyone that knows me knows that I am NOT a morning person - AT ALL! I'm not good and awake until at least 10:00. Today I feel wonderful! Is this something I can stick to? I don't know - but I'm liking it!

Leslie, I'm tired just thinking about gettin up at 6am to go running! You are an inspiration! I've been better this week so I hope my Monday weigh in is a success! Oh, man wait... my anniversary is Saturday, so I'm gonna eat something sweet and sinful!! No guilt, 17 years is worth it!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Leslie, I'm tired just thinking about gettin up at 6am to go running! You are an inspiration! I've been better this week so I hope my Monday weigh in is a success! Oh, man wait... my anniversary is Saturday, so I'm gonna eat something sweet and sinful!! No guilt, 17 years is worth it!

Thanks! :Banane37: Shucks, I've never been an inspiration before - LOL - it's kickin' my butt!

Happy Anniversary - Go Sin City! You'll end up working it off that night anyway :sleep2:. Good luck with your weigh in too. Mine is tomorrow. I haven't weighed in two weeks (that is a record for me!)...I'm a scale addict. I'm praying for at least two pounds (in two weeks).

OHhh, I didn't even think about all the exercise I'd be doing!! I might loose 5 pounds or more!! Thanks for the encouragement!

L2L- You'll probably get on that scale and lose 5! You've been hitting the exercise pretty hard lately. You're gonna see some big numbers!! NO WHAMMIES!!! LOL

~C

Hey Carol.....look at you, girl. 41 big ones. That's the first thing that's made me happy today!! GO Carol!

Thank you and Leslie and everyone for hte kind words. It's just one of those weeks I guess. I don't know how easy it is to get into the office, but I'm going to phone the nurse tomorrow. Yes, the pain is better, but I'm still uncomfortable and maybe I just need to hear from the nurse. This is still new to us, isn't it? And of course the week I pull the muscles I also eat off my "path" and so I can't tell what's what at this point. I feel like I should go back to liquids for a few days but I also don't feel like it.

Carol, I know what you mean about losing after a treat. I think that's like the "eat more to raise metabolism". I believe it. I'm sure I'll get back up and going again, but I guess everyone's got to fall sometime. And everyone on the board is good about listening. I guess this whole down period will pass. It's my first since banding.

Anyway, thanks to all and you all sound great. Give me a couple of days, and I'm sure I'll be back up to speed again.

Take care.