Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seminar Thursday... little freaked.

So I'm finally rescheduled for a seminiar this Thursday with Dr. DiBeniditto in Rochester, NY (I think I spelled his name wrong, oops).

I'm actually a little nervous. After all the research I've done and I felt so comfortable with moving forward... now I'm frankly a little scared about taking this step.

Anybody else feel like this?

So I'm finally rescheduled for a seminiar this Thursday with Dr. DiBeniditto in Rochester, NY (I think I spelled his name wrong, oops).

I'm actually a little nervous. After all the research I've done and I felt so comfortable with moving forward... now I'm frankly a little scared about taking this step.

Scared of going to the seminar or scared that you may actually go thru with the surgery. I wouldn't freak myself out just for going to a pre-op seminar. You can always change your mind till your just about to go in and have surgery and those seminars help you understand more and will also give you a chance to ask questions and meet other people who are as interested as you are in this surgery.

It's a positive thing, so just go and take it all in :)

Lap Band surgery isn't brain surgery, and I wouldn't change a thing, very happy I did this, it's changed my life for the better!

I think I'm scared because I'm taking a big step forward. I'm 27 and I've been fat for 27 years... never known anything else...

I think I'm scared because I'm taking a big step forward. I'm 27 and I've been fat for 27 years... never known anything else...

That's perfectly normal to be scared, I was too cuz I've never had surgery before. Go to the meeting, the more info you have, the better. And, it will be helpful to meet others doing this!!! I got more nervous as my surgery date approached thinking all kinds of bad things, thank goodness I have a family who supported me and helped wipe away those fears. I would be more scared of being overweight the rest of my life and all the health risks that come with being overweight! I can enjoy doing things that I have not been able to do for many years. Believe me, the posiitves out way the negatives by a long shot!!! It's normal to be nervous or excited. It's waaaaay exciting to know that you will start a new life if you go thru with surgery. Think positively!!!! It's very mental too, and if you need extra mental support there are tons of ways to get it, from this forum, from the people you may meet that have surgery on the same day as you or from a mental health Dr :) I made three wonderful new friends who had surgery on the same day as me and we count on each other by keeping in touch; it really helps!!!

Good luck to you, keep us posted:biggrin:

Scared of going to the seminar or scared that you may actually go thru with the surgery. I wouldn't freak myself out just for going to a pre-op seminar. You can always change your mind till your just about to go in and have surgery and those seminars help you understand more and will also give you a chance to ask questions and meet other people who are as interested as you are in this surgery.

It's a positive thing, so just go and take it all in :)

Lap Band surgery isn't brain surgery, and I wouldn't change a thing, very happy I did this, it's changed my life for the better!

I am soooo amazed you have lost 70lbs since march with only one fill!!! That is awesome!!! What is your secret to success? congratulations!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::biggrin:

I have my consultation appointment with the doctor on Monday. The closer it gets, the more nervous I get. I guess I just get worried that I won't be approved or that it won't work for me. But, if I don't go, I will never know.

Firedust,

I had my surgery with Dr. Dibenedetto. They will take care of you!!!! The office is wonderful and they will walk you through the necessary steps for surgery. The psych team is awesome. If you are having any emotions about dealing with this life altering change, they will also assist you with that. I 2nd the above comment about this being the best thing that I've done for myself. I was hesitant and a bit scared about taking this giant step but was reassured by gathering information and testimonies of other individuals that had done this before me. It is quite natural to be fearful of the "unknown" but it feels sooooo good (all praise to God)to be on the other side of this.

Thanks, everyone... I feel better today actually. I think I'm just running through everything in my head and letting it all get to me. I WANT this, I've been researching for over a year and know this can make a huge difference in my life (hense why it's scary!!!)

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow!

I was the same way. When I saw that I had to be in a room full of "fat" people it made me really depressed. I mean I was so afraid everyone was going to think I'm a failure and I'm taking the easy way out or something. But the seminar was a blessing. It answered every question I had. My doctor was so empathetic and understanding. His goal is to improve the health of everyone he meets. Be careful though, you can get find some doctors that will take anyone and are just in it for the money. I found one of those here in Kansas. Good luck!

Well. The seminar was really good. I'm still taking it all in, but I feel more comfortable with my decision to go with the band. I was amazed with Dr. D's patience at some of the folks in the seminar who were kinda... umm... silly (ie, pitching a fit about having to lose 20 prior to surgery, seriously people, isn't the point of this to lose weight?)

I called this morning and have an appointment on August 28th at 2 p.m. I feel like I'm running through Jello right now, like I'm operating in slow mode or something. Holy crap, I've really started the process!!!!!!!!!!!

Firedust,

Have you weighed in yet? If not, try not to lose weight because you will need to start your 20 lbs weight loss after the initial weigh in.

I have been researching this for a year now. I am self pay. Then one day (after I chose my surgeon) I realized I just needed to make the call. After I did and had my date (Sept. 3), I got so nervous! I was thinking "What have I just done?" But then I made my airfare and hotel reservations and I feel so much better about it. I think once it becomes a reality that you might actually go through with the surgery, you get nervous. I know this is the right decision for me I only wish I could've gotten an earlier date.