Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

I had my follow up today and made the appointment for my first fill. It will be 4 weeks post op. I asked if I could have it at theend of week 3 since I'm on vacation and wouldn't have to miss work and they said that was too soon. She actually said that they never used to do fill prior to week 6, so I'm surprised to hear you will have it 3 weeks post-op. I'm sure your doc wouldn't do it if it weren't safe. Let us know how it goes. I can't wait to see what "restriction" feels like!!!

I just had my post op - 2 weeks after surgery. I have been on fluids since surgery, and my doctor first told me that I would have to stay on fluids for 2 more weeks, then the "mush" for two weeks, and then I would have my first fill 6 weeks post op. I bargained with him a little, and he said that I did a good job with my fluids for two more weeks (making 6 weeks of fluids in all, including 2 weeks pre-op), he's give me my first fill in 3 weeks, which is 5 weeks post op. I am SOOO sick of fluids!!!

My surgeon actually fills when he places the band. Then my first office fill will be 4 weeks post op.

I am a little over two weeks post op and doing well with the diet. I think placing the band with a fill has helped me to not be starving!

I can now eat "pureed" including soft scrambled eggs and moist chicken salad... Chicken salad has never been sooooo yummy. I am satisfied with about a 1/4 cup and have yet to be able to finish 1/2. If I eat the "liquids" (pudding/yogurt etc) I can eat about 3/4 of a cup. I am getting hungrier sooner right now. Lasting about 4 hours before I am really hungry. But I do still have to drink 2 Protein Shakes a day so that inbetween helps.

Good luck and best wishes to all of you!

Hello Everyone

I started reading all of these stories, but there are so many here and it is going to take me all nite. But I decided to write now. I am having my banding tomorrow, aug 21. I am nervous but excited at the same time. I have been on slimfast and Clear Liquids since friday.(doc said to shrink the liver and some belly fat) I am losing weight already but I am HUNGRY!!!! ( have not cheated once)

I wanted to talk about the first few pages on here. I have been on 18 cruises so I know those who are going will have (or had) a great time. I just want to know how you get those weight loss trackers on here and also the August All Star thingie.

Thanks

Debbie

PS I may not be back online till after surgery! Please wish me luck and keep me in your thoughts!

Hello Everyone

I started reading all of these stories, but there are so many here and it is going to take me all nite. But I decided to write now. I am having my banding tomorrow, aug 21. I am nervous but excited at the same time. I have been on slimfast and clear liquids since friday.(doc said to shrink the liver and some belly fat) I am losing weight already but I am HUNGRY!!!! ( have not cheated once)

I wanted to talk about the first few pages on here. I have been on 18 cruises so I know those who are going will have (or had) a great time. I just want to know how you get those weight loss trackers on here and also the August All Star thingie.

Thanks

Debbie

PS I may not be back online till after surgery! Please wish me luck and keep me in your thoughts!

Debbie, just put your cursor over the graphic of one that you like. For instance, many people use different sites for different graphics. So, for the ticker, put your mouse over the ticker graphic, click on it, and it will take you to a site where you create a user and password and you can create your own ticker. It takes a little getting used to. I had to do it a couple of times before I got it right. Then when you are done, you have to copy and paste your code onto your signature line in your User Control Panel. Then pick any graphic you like for the August Allstars, and you pretty much do the same.

Hello Everyone

I started reading all of these stories, but there are so many here and it is going to take me all nite. But I decided to write now. I am having my banding tomorrow, aug 21. I am nervous but excited at the same time. I have been on slimfast and clear liquids since friday.(doc said to shrink the liver and some belly fat) I am losing weight already but I am HUNGRY!!!! ( have not cheated once)

Thanks

Debbie

Yikes! I forgot to say good luck to you tomorrow. You will be great!

Bonnie

Hello Everyone

Thanks

Debbie

Best Wishes to you tomorrow!:)

Hello Everyone

Thanks

Debbie

You are going to be great!!! Good luck and get well soon!

Well tomorrow is the big day for me also... my doctor only required one day of full liquids. So ready to get this over and start my new journey..Good luck to all who are being banded this month:thumbup:

:lol:I can't believe I said I was getting banded today, I mean tomorrow, thursday. I guess I am so nervous I am losing track of time! thanks for all your well wishes!

This is quite a journey, but I can't wait till I reach the destination!

LOL That's funny Debb, well good luck to tomorrow!

Marie - Welcome and good luck to you too!

I hope you both and a speedy recovery!:thumbup:

Well here goes. My date is 8-28. Getting a little nervous and scared. I am being banded in Georgetown KY Dr. Weiss Kathy

I had 2 C-Sections, this procedure (in my opinion) was nothing compared with pain of the 1st C-Section, now with the 2nd C-Section, I can honestly say, this this procedure, I had less pain with the 2nd C-Section.

I was banded on Monday August 11th. I actually wake up now and wonder if it was a bad dream. Did it really happen? I recommend anyone if you can to stay overnight. Do it. The hospital makes a very good cocktail for pain. All and all it was not that bad. Nothing like a C-section I had 2 years ago. I am at home now. I feel very tired and I do have a lot of gas trapped in my chest. It helps to move around. I think this was probably the easiest part the 6months and then surgery. I think for me it will be difficult to learn to eat in small portions and retrain my habits. Good Luck to everyone who is still getting banded. I still feel it was worth it. I have no regrets. But I have to admit - when I was waiting to go into surgery and they had started my IV - I started talking myself out of the surgery. (In my head) I just kept saying am I this out of control with food. Before I knew it the Dr. injected some medication into my IV and I was out. I woke up on the other side.

It seems that everyone has had their surgery just about. I'm scheduled for August 30th with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali....anyone else going to have thier surgery the same day?????I'm ready.:thumbup: