Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

Hi to all my soon to be new thin bandster's!! I just got banded on 8/13/08 and everything went well, PRAISE GOD! I see a lot of weight loss ticker's that show weight loss pre op and i'm jut assuming that's because some of you were on a liquid diet prior to your surgery? I would like to know how much weight loss for those of you that have been banded for a few weeks now? I know it's bonus weight but, it's still weight coming off

and very motivating to read the success stories! I'm thrilled that i've taken charge of my life and that i found this wonderful support group! Many blessings and looking forward to getting to know and share this journey!

We have started weighing on Friday's in August 2008 Bandster's Thread. The girls from Australia start a new one ever Friday (Today was our second weigh in), check it out. And welcome to the August All-Stars!:thumbup:

Hi to all my soon to be new thin bandster's!! I just got banded on 8/13/08 and everything went well, PRAISE GOD! I see a lot of weight loss ticker's that show weight loss pre op and i'm jut assuming that's because some of you were on a liquid diet prior to your surgery? I would like to know how much weight loss for those of you that have been banded for a few weeks now? I know it's bonus weight but, it's still weight coming off

and very motivating to read the success stories! I'm thrilled that i've taken charge of my life and that i found this wonderful support group! Many blessings and looking forward to getting to know and share this journey!

I lost 16 pounds before my banding on August 6. I have now lost a total of 25 pounds. When I lose 5 more pounds, I will have lost the same 30 pounds that I have lost and gained a dozen times or more. :thumbup:

I won't really feel success until I get below those 30 pounds. That's practically uncharted territory!!!

I lost 16 pounds before my banding on August 6. I have now lost a total of 25 pounds. When I lose 5 more pounds, I will have lost the same 30 pounds that I have lost and gained a dozen times or more. :thumbup:

I won't really feel success until I get below those 30 pounds. That's practically uncharted territory!!!

Wow Mary, All's I can say is...I HEAR YA!! I've lost the same 30 pounds DOZENS of times. I remember a couple of years back celebrating the 199 mark...but it was short lived. When I make it there again...THEN the real journey will begin! I plan to enjoy every step of the way!

I'm ready!!!!

I'm READY too! Did you get that from the Lap Band commnercial? My husband and daughter would always joke with me before surgery....and they would ask me "Are You Ready"LOL

Well, I made it through surgery. I ended up being there longer than I thought because the doctor was running behind. I didn't get taken back until about 12:30 and it was about 6pm before I got to come home. I was having a hard time waking up.

Today I am pretty sore especially in the port site!! ugh pain! I've taken a couple of doses of the pain medication and then slept.

I hope the soreness doesn't last very long.

I've had a bottle of Water today 1 Protein Drink and that's all. I am about to drink another Protein drink. They want me to drink my Protein Drinks plus 64 oz. of Fluid. How can I possibly drink that much?

Thanks for all the prayers and support!

Hi,I'm getting banded on Monday Aug 18th & can't wait:smile2: I have a few ?s though from reading the massages here I read that not every1 had 2 be on a diet,I have been on a chocolate shake 4 the past 11 days & even though I'm having my surgery monday I'm getting a little tired of it,I don't think I'll ever have another chocolate shake in my life after this.Does any1 know why some people have to be on a diet and some people don't?:confused2:

Doctors have their reasons for asking us to get ready for surgery the way they feel best. I was on fluids for 2 weeks before surgery. It is now 10 days after banding, and I am still on fluids. My question is, why do you only drink chocolate shakes? There is a link on this site to over 200 shake recipes. The variery is what keeps me motivated. I am amazed at how well I am doing - I would never have believed I could do this a couple months ago!

Hi all... first I want to just thank all of you August All Stars for your input and support, you guys are great!

I have to admit to being just a wee bit discouraged today. My whole post op recovery so far has been more difficult than I thought it would be. I had a lot of pain the first night, and then when I got home I got dehydrated... I think it was because I got behind in my drinking but also because I got nauseated from the Roxicet. Of course the dehydration just made my nausea worse and gave me a headache. Also, (sorry for TMI) both my bladder and bowel muscles seem to have forgotten how to work for awhile after the surgery. However, now all of those symptoms are gone except: I still get these weird pains (even if I haven't had anything to drink) that feel like something is getting stuck... they always go away in about 15 seconds or so, but I don't like them and I worry that they will be around forever! I know they will probably go away soon.

In any case, I still don't have any regrets and I suspect that I will even look back on this post and laugh some day! Have a great weekend all!

Mine was on August 11th. My Grand daughters Birthday. What a present for Grandma. I hope everyone who has or will be banded in August the best of luck.

Ohjuly, you were just banded three days ago. I didn't have the same issues you are having but did have others. i was banded on Mondy August 4, came home from the hopital on tuesday, Wednesday was painful, Thursday I felt alot better, this Monday 1 week after surgery I felt great. So, please give yoursellf a little time and I'm sure you will be back to your old self. From what you have described you seem to be on track with most everyone.

Take Care,

LindaGail

Congrats to all of the newly banded on here. It is so reassuring to read the stories and to have some idea what to expect, especially since none of them have been too horrible yet. So many of the August All-Stars have already lost a lot of weight. That's so exciting! I'm feeling a bit guilty reading all of the wonderful pre-op weigh loss stories. I don't start my Medifast until Tuesday and I've been a bad, bad girl so far. But, on the bright side, I'm basically completely sick of food now and ready to start my new life with no regrets.

I thought I was going to have some issues making my last payment since my student loan refund was accidentally mailed to my old address, but thnakfully the post office was quick and I received it yesterday, so it is all systems go for Aug. 26th. Now I just need to get my house cleaned so I won't have to come home to a wreck.

It was pretty cool when I went to my nutrition and pre-op workup last week. There was a really beautiful, fit woman in the waiting room and I heard her tell the nurse at the check in station that she needed "a little more." I asked her if she was getting a fill and she said yes. She'd had the surgery in 2006 and lost 105 lbs. She gave all of us waiting a good pep talk. There were 4 of us (all women) waiting for the session. Then the nurse had me come back to take some "before" pics. I was the first one. When I went back into the waiting room with the other women, I said, "Gosh, I don't mind having my picture taken, but NUDE??? Is that really necessary?" I thought the one lady closest to me was going to choke on her drink. Hee hee. I'm mean.

But Aug. 26th can't get here quickly enough for me!

I'm getting excited and only have 4 days until I fly to Ontario to get my band! I am getting through the two week pre-op and am looking forward to being done with Optifast and having broths and soups! I am doing my final prep work this weekend and starting to pack, yeah :) Best of luck to everyone in August!!!

Hey August All-Star's,

Well i like the idea of weighing in every Friday. I just got to get my ticker on track. I've lost perhaps 2lbs since Wednesday., 8/13 but, i'm also NOT trying to obsess because i want to grasp that this is a journey and a permanent lifestyle change.. What i'm also finding helpful is the website livestrong.com "My Daily Plate" this is a wonderful website and i love being able to journal and keep track of my eating habits, reflect, learn and move on to new healthier habits. So I have another question for all of you: Are any of you trying to stay under a certain amount of calories for your first month (post op) prior to your first adjustment? I'm trying to stay under 1,000 calories and sometimes i can go over and sometimes i stay under. :)

PS - Happy Weekend- Do any of you struggle on the weekends with eating more/less?

Hi all! I was banded on the 14th. All went well. I did have to stay a little longer because I couldn't urinate. After they flushed 3 bags in me I finally did the deed. I feel fine but full to the brim. I have only been doing Water or apple juice. One ounce every 30 minutes or so. I find today that I am miserable w/ pressure and could care less about putting anything in there. Has anyone else been experiencing this? My vision is blurry, I have been told that they could be from the eye ointments some doc's use. I recall the nurse saying they used one.

Thanks!