Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

hi everyone,, hope ur all doing well. Im back from a wks holidays and i ate everything in site cause i had to start pre-op diet on friday gone, i put on 4 lbs in that wk. The diet is so hard - im on liquid diet (slim fast) with 5 portions of fruit a day. All i want to do is have a propper meal, even a salad, im not craving fast food i realy want propper food veg curry or salad. Not what i thought id be looking for. I dont know how people do it for longer than the wk, fair play too u if u do u have great determination. OMG my opp is friday i have 4 full days left - nerves kicking in big time. Before this wk i was looking foreward to it thinking this is it no more feeling shit bout my self. Now its around the cornor reality has hit hard, i cant belive im going ahead with it, this is real surgery.....

I havent been telling many people, non of my family know, my mother and brother died within the last yr so i dont want to give my dad anything else to worry bout. my partner knows and is totaly behind my, he says im so unhappy with myself that it worth the money, i agree. my sis in law is getting banded with my so my partners family know. i dont want others to know and watching every move i make.

anyway i fly out to belguim on wed get pre op test on thurs and then "D day" is friday.... HELP... :lol:

edel, you will be fine, but i know exactly how you are feeling as my op is also on friday. i am havign mine in the UK, so do not need to worry about the flights etc. the people managing on a liquid pre op diet i think are amazing. i have a 1000 cal pre op diet, but atleast i can eat solid food. do you have to liquid after? i have to do 2 days liquid, 2 weeks liquidised (so technically liquid) and 2 weeks soft, mushy before going onto solids.

good luck for friday, and try not to worry ( i know it is easier to say then do).

sarah

ps have you made sure youve got eerything you need, as this sorting has made it easier for me

You can do this. We can all do this. I was freaking out last week but you know I just got busy. I cleaned, I mowed the yard, I cleaned, I cleaned, and I cleaned. I went on the internet and found a site that said how much money I am going to save by having this surgery also that I would gain 7 years on my life. I want that!!! So push forward and you can do it. link to web site iVital | Weight Loss, Life & You! - Affordability Calculator. I agree with you about not telling everyone. Since I am such a yo yo dieter. I have had eyes on me all the time. People expect me to go up and down. It is just what I do. Before I got pregnant with my daughter I lost 80 pounds. I gained back 85 pounds when I was pregnant. I lost 75 pounds in 4 months after having my baby last year. Now I am 5 pounds from being back at the same weight right before I deliverd. This is all in a 3 year time frame. I am 38 years old and have done this all my life. I want off the rollercoaster and I don't want my daughter to see this. I can't allow her to do this to herself. That is the number one reason I am doing this surgery. I want less focus on me and what I look like or how miserable I am because I feel fat or not good enough. THANK YOU to you all and this website I will have an outlet. I am staying silent because I expect people to tell me --Well I might fail at this too -- The general public does not know what we have had to do to prepare ourselves for what is ahead and this is only the beginning. For me I just can't handle another judgemental comment ( I work with some pretty ruthless people)-- As for my family when I go on vacation 4 weeks after surgery-- I am going to tell them I am on a restrictive diet ordered by the doctor. I am not lying - I am just not going into detail. When I feel more comfortable with me and this new way of life I might tell people but not until I am on solid ground. I see my family and relatives in September for my Dad's retirement party and I won't see them again until Thanksgiving. I started my pre-op diet today. 2 weeks until surgery. This is the beginning of a new me. Adalante!

Edited by jenbug

My date is either the 18th or 19th! I find out today at my appointment with the surgeon. I need a band buddy!!!

jenbug - i did that chart and i would save $400 a month on food and weight watchers, so its mponey well spent.

keisha85, good luck to u for friday also, hope we both have a safe banding. I think im more or less sorted i going to pack tonight. knowing me ill forget something - once i have clean knichers il get over it.....

does anyone know what pain killers we can take after - im taking solpadine with me, are these allowed?

Shoot, I have been telling anybody and everybody from the moment I first started this process. I have had nothing but support and good wishes from family, friends, and coworkers. No one has been judgemental at all. I guess they figure that if nothing has worked by the time I am this age, nothing ever will, unless I do something drastic. They are more concerned about my health and well being, as family and friends should be. I am not embarrassed at all.

Pati,

Let me know if there is any unexpected information or things to do after your visit with the surgeon today. Donna

hi everyone,, hope ur all doing well. Im back from a wks holidays and i ate everything in site cause i had to start pre-op diet on friday gone, i put on 4 lbs in that wk. The diet is so hard - im on liquid diet (slim fast) with 5 portions of fruit a day. All i want to do is have a propper meal, even a salad, im not craving fast food i realy want propper food veg curry or salad. Not what i thought id be looking for. I dont know how people do it for longer than the wk, fair play too u if u do u have great determination. OMG my opp is friday i have 4 full days left - nerves kicking in big time. Before this wk i was looking foreward to it thinking this is it no more feeling shit bout my self. Now its around the cornor reality has hit hard, i cant belive im going ahead with it, this is real surgery.....

I havent been telling many people, non of my family know, my mother and brother died within the last yr so i dont want to give my dad anything else to worry bout. my partner knows and is totaly behind my, he says im so unhappy with myself that it worth the money, i agree. my sis in law is getting banded with my so my partners family know. i dont want others to know and watching every move i make.

anyway i fly out to belguim on wed get pre op test on thurs and then "D day" is friday.... HELP... :lol:

My surgery is the 1st too.... Don't know whether to cry or laugh!! I don't have to do a preop diet, so I have had it pretty easy.. This week is to prepare my mind that my stomach is going to shock the HeLL out of it

It just hit me today that our surgery is almost 10 days away! I remember complaining 10 days ago about it being 20+ days away!

The surgery center called today to confirm our dates! YAY! And we're going in on Friday to do our blood work and go pick up our prescriptions.

It actually seems real now!:)

edel,

you saying your packing tonight has suddenly scared me, im not blaming you at all, but it has just made it real again. i was just plodding along on the pre op diet, not really thinking about friday. and now its 3 days away arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not sure if that is more nervous, or excited. think it is both.

when are you due back into the UK?

casscass, the ten days will go really quickly, from 10 days down to 4 has just been lots of planning, but it seems to have gone slower this last day. but try not to worry, i know that is easier said then done, especialy because i am such a worry wort!! the strange thing is, im not worried about the operation itself at the mo, even thoug ive never had one. it is all the changes that im going to have to do.

jillbeme, i think you have hit the nail on the head with the dont know whether to laugh or cry comment. good luck on friday

Hey met my surgeon Dr. Brahm at Lahey Clinic today, he's very nice. Said I have been doing great, my BP is perfect, heart and stuff, also I lost 13.3 lbs. which is 1.3 more than they wanted me to lose, he said keep up the Protein Shakes for BF and lunch and have a light dinner then small low fat no sugar snack if I want it. So I picked up two little fillet mignon's and some nice salad greens will make that for hubby and me with a side veggie, no starch and a nice small glass of red wine.

Trying to eat well if I can. I'll spurge on good stuff and just have small amounts when I am back on solids.

I would like to lose another couple of pounds in the 10 days I have till my surgery. Even with the 13.3 lost I can feel it. Imagine when it's 10's of lbs. how we will all feel. I am so looking forward to it. :)

I just got my date for Surgery on Aug 27th a day before my 14th wedding anniversery and a week before my birthday! I could not ask for a better present!!

I am ding dong--8/14---I sent you a private message--Do you have to do a colon cleanse? I keep reading this web site and there are all kinds of kinky things going on with people--Are you staying ovr? I think your people make you--How do you feel? Full?

Hi everyone,

I'm being banded on August 5th, and super excited to get this show on the road! I started my liquid diet 7 days ago, and have 7 more days to go. The first three or four days were very difficult - I was starving all the time. By Day 5 the hunger had started to dissipate a little, and now it's smooth sailing. My stomach has realized I'm not going to feed it (well, nothing except three Optifast shakes and 2 cups of veggies, that is) and it's stopped asking. So for all you people who still have the liquid diet ahead of you - all you need to do is get through the first three or four days, and then you should find it easier. I promise!

Good luck to all August bandsters!!