Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies- JULY Independence

It's been awhile!!! I've read through the July posts and it seems everyone is still losing and doing really good.

Jeni, my band sister, I am soooo proud of you! You look so awesome!!!!! I am sorry to hear you are having gallbladder problems. I had mine removed years before I had lapband surgery. There are many options, but the only one that is certain to correct the problem is to have it removed. Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Tia, were we dating the same guy?!?! I just dumped a guy after 3 months of dating...same prob, broke or just cheap!

Well, I am still struggling with the same 5lbs. I've never really quite hit that 100 mark yet, but I will get there! I go for a fill on Aug 4th so I'm hoping to finally hit my goal by my 35th b-day on Sept 18th!

Hi Juli, Rosi, gkeyt, carol...great to see you all are still here!

It's been awhile!!! I've read through the July posts and it seems everyone is still losing and doing really good.

Jeni, my band sister, I am soooo proud of you! You look so awesome!!!!! I am sorry to hear you are having gallbladder problems. I had mine removed years before I had lapband surgery. There are many options, but the only one that is certain to correct the problem is to have it removed. Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Tia, were we dating the same guy?!?! I just dumped a guy after 3 months of dating...same prob, broke or just cheap!

Well, I am still struggling with the same 5lbs. I've never really quite hit that 100 mark yet, but I will get there! I go for a fill on Aug 4th so I'm hoping to finally hit my goal by my 35th b-day on Sept 18th!

Hi Juli, Rosi, gkeyt, carol...great to see you all are still here!

Thanks tammyj... Besides the gallbladder i feel great.... How Have you been doing??

Im actually going for the surgery at the end f Aug after my vegas trip... As long as these symptoms dont keep getting worse and worse... Today i developed a new symptom of nausea...

By the way, haw was the gallbladder surgery??? I'm a little nervous about it.. the good thing is that the surgeon who did my band is going to this one as well.. so i already trust him.. and i know its laprascopic...

In how many days did you return to normal activities, like work...??

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone and to let you know I'v been thinking of you all. I've been keeping up w/ all of the ups and downs of everyone, but just couldn't lend any encouragements or helpful advice to you.

I've been having my own issues and just didn't see how I can help anyone else and not help myself. But I've managed to still lose weight and increase my exercises. This has kept my stress level down and my eating under control. Execpt when the weekends come. Like today, I allowed it to get out of control.

My PBing has stopped. I was overly tight and the band has recently loosened up. It's good that it did for I can only see the doctor w/ referrals now. This restriction will have to last me till December, if I can't get a referral anytime soon. I say December for I may need another fill by then. Also, by that time I hope to of reached my goal of 155lbs.

So, everyone keep up the good work and your doctor's appts. Another 8 months and we will be celebrating our 2 year anniversary. With all of us at our goal weight. Be Strong and Think Strong.

Gwen,

I'm sorry you've been stressed. I have missed your encouraging words, it's nice to see you back.

I loved your statement about being at goal come March of 09. That's my plan too. I hope actually to see it in January but if it's March, that's okay too.

I was resting on my laurels so to speak for the last few months. I was losing slowly like a half pound a week. If you asked me I would have lied and said I was eating okay and exercising enough, but reality is that I was letting extra calories creep into my mouth and I was making excuses to exercise less frequently.

Anyway, I've shaken that thinking off. I've gotten serious again about eating right, and wouldn't you know it, the weight has started to move again.

I'd like to believe I'm not alone in needing/taking a break from the process.

:lol:

Gwen,

I'm sorry you've been stressed. I have missed your encouraging words, it's nice to see you back.

I loved your statement about being at goal come March of 09. That's my plan too. I hope actually to see it in January but if it's March, that's okay too.

I was resting on my laurels so to speak for the last few months. I was losing slowly like a half pound a week. If you asked me I would have lied and said I was eating okay and exercising enough, but reality is that I was letting extra calories creep into my mouth and I was making excuses to exercise less frequently.

Anyway, I've shaken that thinking off. I've gotten serious again about eating right, and wouldn't you know it, the weight has started to move again.

I'd like to believe I'm not alone in needing/taking a break from the process.

:D

I definately see where you come from and you are definately not alone in the lets take a break mode.... I definately have been doing that the past week.. (although i do plan on being at goal with ps done by my B-day in march exactly 2wks after my bandiversary

Its more of a im completely stressed out and cant deal so i turn to my old evil friend food; actually its more of sweets to be exact.. But luckily Dr. Shayani (aka the band he placed) luckily has his hand on my shoulder letting me know enough is enough and i cant eat no more....

But to update you all I most likely will be having the surgery sooner than expected... I spoke to my surgeon today about the nausea and vomitting ive been having since friday and he said that if i wanted that i could even come in tonight to the hospital and have the surgery tomorrow in the am...

But as long as im tolerating liquids he thinks the longest i should wait is till friday and no longer.....

He said he will trust me in making my own judgement...

And wants to hear from me if things get worse even if it is a 3 am :eek:

I am so very grateful that i have such a awesome Surgeon and would trust my life in his hands...

But im still terrified about all of this

Jeni, just get it done. You will feel so much better when its done. You will wonder why you waited so long. Good luck, will be think of you.

Carol

Jeni, just get it done. You will feel so much better when its done. You will wonder why you waited so long. Good luck, will be think of you.

Carol

thanks carol...

i know ill feel so much better and its all worth it.. and im well aware of what they are exactly doing.. i have complete faith in the surgeon and i also know its a simple procedure..

but surgery is surgery and it just plain is freaking me out.. lol.. im planning on going friday.. as long as i can tolerate liquids and keep myself hydrated if not Dr's orders go to hospital asap.... (hopefully it wont come to this)

Ill definately keep everyone updated.. everyone is so great and supportive on this board..

Ladies Ladies Ladies!!!

This is going to be a long one!

I went to the doctor on last Monday for a fill I gained my weight was 207! I was so dissapointed in me that I cried.

So of course the doctor talked to me gave me encouraging words & gave me a big fill sent me on my way.

Well as soon as I got in the car i began to hiccup and burp and hiccup until it hurt. I brused it off and did my normal routine after I get my fills. Soup, Water juice etc. well that night I couldnt swallow my own spit I kept throwing up fluids and it was the most painful thing!! My band was so tight that everytime I laid down my own spit came out of my nose!

Needless to say I called the office and explained what was going on I rushed back and they unfilled half of what my doctor had put in. My weight that morning was 202.1 ***i had lost 5 pounds in 1 day!***

Well I thought everything was ok because i felt better right after she removed the Fluid but baby i was WRONG!! I got home and began to vomit again and again until I dehydrated myself! I went back to the doctor office that next day my weight was 198!!! I had hardly any Fluid in my body becaue i could not eat or drink. She completly unfilled my band on last Wednesday, placed me on bedrest she said My stomach was swollen because the band was to tight and my throat was raw from stomach acid!!!

I went back on yesterday and she refilled my band with 2.75cc's my weight is 205 and I feel better!!

I'm back at work Praise GOD and I have a good portion of restriction right now. I have decided I will no longer worry about the number on the scale if I never make it 150 I can say I have lost at least 69 pounds!! Im happy to be alive and Im that I have you guys hear to listen.

love u

tia

Thick chick, So sorry you had such horrible experince. Just glad you are feeling better. Just hang in there it will get better. Sometimes we don't know when we are well off and something happens to put all in perspective.

Carol

Jeni, the gallbrabber surgery is a simple procedure...no worse than lapband. 1 week after surgery you should be able resume your normal activities...no worries! :thumbs_up:

Thank-you Juli! I AM happy with the new ME! :thumbup:

OH MY Tia, that sounds really scary. I'm glad you are doing OK now and it wasn't anything more serious. Take care of yourself and your band! :lost1lbs:

Good Morning

thank you for all your support feeling better still nausated but i have medication for it that i wil pick up today.

check in with you later...

Oh Juli and Tammy j you look WONDERFUL!

Wow, guys, I've been away for a while. The OR is taking all my time and energy this summer. It's good though, I'm starting to get my stuff together in there and really enjoy what I'm doing.

Tia, wow that is scary. I'm glad you're doing better now. Those big fills are so tempting, aren't they? But TROUBLE. So glad you are doing better now. 69 lbs, that is so awesome!

Jeni, I hope you've had your surgery by now. You'll feel so much better. The GB surgery is harder than lap band in some ways, but at the same time you will recover so much better now that you've lost so much weight than when you had your band surgery. And the risk of the surgery and anesthesia is lower because you're so much healthier. All that nausea and vomiting can't be helping your band--I hope you are all fixed by now! Hugs!

Juli, you are still losing weight! I mean, you say you're stalled but everytime I see your ticker and your signature, your weight is lower. Maybe it seems like you are stalled because it is slower than the first year was. But from over here it looks like you're still doing pretty good. Why so hard on yourself? You are exercising and you're getting your MBA. I've been telling myself that any weight lost during grad school is a victory--not just school but all the other shite that goes along with being in school, i.e. long distance relationship, being a parent, working etc. etc.

Maybe I'm just seeing the result of your recent change of heart/habits. But it seems like you've been losing the whole time, just a bit slower. Anyway, don't know if another perspective helps or not. But I think you're awesome.:biggrin:

Tammyj, looking great! WOW!

I finally made it to the 160s this week-now I'm 8 lbs from goal. Whoa! Usually I hit a new low weight, then immediately bounce back up and slowly come back down to that weight. So far this one is sticking, which is great. Still running, eating is going pretty well. I also walk or bike to school most days of the week now. My last fill was in May and I don't think I need another anytime soon. I don't have classes now, just clinicals 5 days a week until the new semester starts in September, so that's nice, even though it's also pretty stressful. At least I'm doing what I came here to do now, which is really cool. And I get 2 weeks of vacation after next week--I can hardly wait!

Everybody, I hope the summer is going well!

Gwen,

Look at you go so close to goal!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I really appreciate them. I have to say I've seen renewed weight loss recently because well, I started behaving like someone who wants to lose weight. Not behaving like someone who was resting on her laurals while at the same time talking like she wasn't.

So nice of you to notice. I really do want to get to goal sometime in January. Or where I'm at in January will be goal. LOL.

Rock that vacation chica. I have one more hellish week of Finance then I get a week off. We are taking the little one to Disney during that week off. I also took the remaining two days not in Florida off from work, because I want a VACATION. There's a huge wine attached to that!!!!!!!!

Have a good weekend everyone. See you on the Marchies' August pages!

:biggrin: