Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies- JULY Independence

Thick chick--next time you go in for a fill have them measure what is in your band first. I did that and found out that I had only 2cc and not the 4.3 they thought. Don't know when it goes but it does disappear. So maybe you don't have what you think you have.

Good luck on you next fill.

Carol

P.S. Good luck Jeni, I hope everything turns out alright.

Thank You...

Turns out no gallstones, but i need a gallbladder function test first before they give my gallbladder the clear..

I see my band surgeon tomorrow.. he insisted tha i come to him to talk about the symptoms... The way he put it he also specializes in the gallbladder..

I hope he will finally be able to fix the problem.. :smile2: And if he lets me im going to get a fill as well.. i think i need a slight fill..

So is anyone else finding they are more at the Drs office now then they were before being banded???I am... your health is supposed to improve with weight loss but why is it im always at the drs :confused_smile:... I could be that i possibly wasn't as concerned for my health then..

Till tomorrow,

Jeni M:cool:

Jeni,

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

But to answer your question. I see the doctor about the same as before, but my pap came back with "a-typical" cells so I had to get one again 6 months later. That too came back with "a-typical" cells so we are watching it.

My PCP believes it has everything to do with my drastic body change in the last 16 months. So we shall see.

Aside from that I think I have had fewer colds and just am in better health because of the exercise and Vitamins I take daily.

How about the rest of you? What do you think? Actually Jeni, I'd love to put this out there on the general forum to see what the overall experience is. Would you mind?

Of course I have only lost 30 lbs, but I really thought my knee would be better with the weight lose and the excerise,but their not. Otherwise, my BP is better and my Diabetes is better, so overall I think I'm better. Just wish the knees didn't hurt so much, its really hard to stay motived to excerise when your knee hurt so much.

Hi ladies! Im doing goog

I'm single again after 3 months of courtship *im dealing wit it*

I miss his company first and foremost he never had any money!

But on to new things!!!

Waiting for next monday cant wait to get another fill i found at my last vist i have a 4 cc band and he put 3cc in there..well it aint working! i have little restriction..im super bloated from my cycle which explains the 2 week binge on Kit Kats lol!!!

THANKS FOR LISTENING

LOVE U ALL

That's an interesting question, Jeni. There's been a fair amount of research showing that obese women don't get as good quality health care as normal weight women because they don't want to see the doctor and be told they are obese, and they don't feel they are treated as well. I know, that's a big "duh" for us. But it could be that we're more willing to investigate things once we've lost weight, especially since everything happening now is "different" since we've had WLS. We're more tuned into our health. Also, like Juli said, our bodies have to adjust so much to the major weight loss. Things reveal themselves as we lose the weight. And you probably know that major weight loss puts us at risk of gallbladder issues, because we are processing so much fat that is being metabolized from our bodies. That's why some band surgeons just electively remove the GB at the same time as band surgery, and others put their patients on medication to prevent GB problems for 6 months or a year. So, those are some of my thoughts about it.

As for me, I feel like I haven't been in the doctor's office much in the last 9 months, not counting fills. I saw my Portland PCP in December before I moved, and then had to follow up with the new ARNP in Spokane (who I really liked a lot) about the breast lump. Once that was sorted out, I've felt pretty healthy.

ThickChick, I'm sorry to hear about your break up. :o I hope you are doing okay!

Things are going okay here. Weight loss is at a snail's pace. Stress seems to make things worse, so I try not to worry too much. I don't think it's a fill issue, I think I just have to be more careful now than I used to about my calories. But since we just started doing full cases in the OR last week, it hasn't really been my top priority. It's been scary and stressful! :thumbup: But really fun, too. Today I did the anesthetic for a patient who was donating his kidney to his brother. It was pretty cool.

Ok, off to study!

Greetings to all! It has been a while since I've been in here. I'm glad to see people are still posting on a regular basis from March 07. My weight has remained the same for some time. I have actually gained a little but purchaced a bike several weeks ago and have been riding almost daily. I'm finding bike riding easy on my joints but challenging enough to give me a good workout. I hope my weight loss will pick back up if I keep up the exercise. Summer is passing quickly and school will be starting before we know it. I hope to keep this exercise habit going!

Surgery 3-23-07

Initial Weight 225

Present Weight 275

Total Lost 50 pounds

Jeni,

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

But to answer your question. I see the doctor about the same as before, but my pap came back with "a-typical" cells so I had to get one again 6 months later. That too came back with "a-typical" cells so we are watching it.

My PCP believes it has everything to do with my drastic body change in the last 16 months. So we shall see.

Aside from that I think I have had fewer colds and just am in better health because of the exercise and Vitamins I take daily.

How about the rest of you? What do you think? Actually Jeni, I'd love to put this out there on the general forum to see what the overall experience is. Would you mind?

Go ahead and post it on the general forum, juli i dont mind :lol: I think it would be interesting to see the resposes.. (and also if you dont mind post a link on this page to the thread)

So i saw my surgeon today and well he decided that i should hold off on the fill for now... at least until i get my health issues better..

He also asked me about my symptoms and whats been going on.. I told him everything and he pressed on different ares of my abdomin and said that he thinks my gallbladder is fine and also he thinks that these issues are all related to the pcos because of the fact that when he pressed the area that hurt me it was pretty much the location of my uterus/ovaries...

Basically he is going to help me find a good gyn. in the area which he would recommend. And wants me to see them within the next 1-2wks..(this should be interesting trying to find an available appt.)

He really is a Dr. who goes above and beyond his job description and cares for his patients..

But on the bright side im down 102lbs!!! 20lbs more until i start the process of looking for a Plastic Surgeon!!:frown:

Jeni,

Good to know about your doc. Nice he's looking out for you. Also fantastic on the weight loss. You'll have to keep us posted on the PS goals.

Paula,

Cycling is fun! Keep it going!

Gwen,

I too struggle with making the best choices when bad food is easier. I'm blaming school too. So we can be partners in crime!

Tia-

That cheap man isn't worth your time. Sorry your heart is hurting but it opens you up to meeting someone who is worthy!

Carol-

Chin up. Any little bit you can do with exercise will benefit you in the end.

Love you all my Marchies!

Hi Everyone. Glad to see some r still posting . Been very busy myself. Have so much more energy I can hardly keep up to myself. It great but then I hurt a bit more (Fibromyalgia) oh well I am dealing with it much better than in the past. Weight lost very slow but the Ice cream has been too plentiful...Damn.

Talk to you soon

Well i have both good and bad news... Turns out that my gallbladder, in fact, is not function correctly...

So in a way this is both a good thing and bad thing... Good thing is i finally know whats been bothering me the past 3 months.. Bad is that it most likely needs to be corrected with surgery..

But i thought i would give everyone an update...

Jen...Sorry to hear that u will need surgery, but at least u know now. Is the problem connected to the weight lost?

Jen...Sorry to hear that u will need surgery, but at least u know now. Is the problem connected to the weight lost?

Actually its not for sure that i will need to get it removed.... i guess there a couple of different options..

As far as it being connected to weight loss...

Hmmm... Intersting question... (im not a MD im just telling you what i have heard from various MD's)

Well as far as i've been told is that Rapid weight loss can affect the gallbladder but it usually is a concern to gastric bypass patients not band patients..

So no need to worry, i will definately try to find out more. But like i said it is more of a Gastric Bypasss patient concern...

I really didnt have the rapid loss.. its been pretty much a steady pace... Ithink it was bound to happen and it is a functionql problem..

For all i know it could've been there all along just asymptomatic until recently when it decided to give me some signs... lol:eek:

By the way rosi, hows the fibromyalgia.. ?

Jeni

Glad to hear that there might not be Surgery, no one wants to go under the knife if the don't reallly have to. I have hear that a lot of weight lost programs do cause galbladder flairs. I too have been slow at it so I hope to avoid trouble..ya thats my story and I'm sticking to it..LOL

I am just so happy to have the scale only go one way for a change after all these years.

Like I said I am having a lot more pain with the Fibromyalgia just because I have so much more energy and am not Pacing my self as well as I should. That is the number one enemy of mine,not pacing . But I have just upped my pain meds but then I run into other problems with all this protien and narcotics. I think I may have to start eating prunes every day. I am trying this yogurt with biotics?, first,... any suggestions?

By the way you look FANTASTIC girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you enjoying your new You ?

Jeni

Glad to hear that there might not be Surgery, no one wants to go under the knife if the don't reallly have to. I have hear that a lot of weight lost programs do cause galbladder flairs. I too have been slow at it so I hope to avoid trouble..ya thats my story and I'm sticking to it..LOL

I am just so happy to have the scale only go one way for a change after all these years.

Like I said I am having a lot more pain with the Fibromyalgia just because I have so much more energy and am not Pacing my self as well as I should. That is the number one enemy of mine,not pacing . But I have just upped my pain meds but then I run into other problems with all this protien and narcotics. I think I may have to start eating prunes every day. I am trying this yogurt with biotics?, first,... any suggestions?

By the way you look FANTASTIC girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you enjoying your new You ?

Try Fiber... benefiber.. no taste and can add to almost anything... a lot of narcotics cause the evil Constipation deal... You can also try plum juice... it tastes a lot better than prunes!!!!

Thank You by the way.. i am very happy with the weight loss so far and am celebrating wearin 14/16 instead of 24/26... I also find i am a lot more confident and willing to act myself around strangers...

I still have the problem of my mind catching up with my body.... like when i went shopping my mom handed me some stuff and i was like are you kidding me i wont fit that its too small and sure enough it fit:tt2: