Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

I've got my 2nd fill scheduled for 9/2. I really, really need it because I've been starving the past couple of days. I have been exercising every day (couch to 5K every other day and aerobics on the days I'm not doing c25k).

It feels so good to exercise!!!! Can I get an Amen?

I've got my 2nd fill scheduled for 9/2. I really, really need it because I've been starving the past couple of days. I have been exercising every day (couch to 5K every other day and aerobics on the days I'm not doing c25k).

AMEN! You go girl!:rolleyes::thumbup::biggrin:

AMEN!!!! You are better than me in the exercise dept. I have to get off my butt and exercise more. I just started a new teaching job in a brand new school and it is draining me!!!! I love it, but I am TIRED!!!:rolleyes:

AMEN !!!!

7_5_141.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

I was banded 4 weeks ago and for the first 3 weeks I had absolutely no pain around my port. In the last week I was having an increasing amount of pain. Every time I bent over, got up, sat down I got a sharp sharp pain around my port. After sitting at work all last night I was in so much pain. I happened to see my surgeon at work and he told me to stop by today. So he poked and pressed around my port and decided to see if there was any Fluid around it. So he stuck a needle in my abdomen and hit a seroma and pulled out a bunch of serous fluid from around my port. The good news is that it did releive most of my pain, the bad news is that if he can pull more fluid out at my appointment next Thursday he said he wouldn't give me my first fill which is scheduled for 9/11. So I really really hope that this will clear up because I am in desparate need of a fill.

lovesgrapes, sorry to here of your trouble. hope all goes well, thoughts and prayers are with you.

I'll be thinking of you Lovegrapes. Please be sure to keep us posted.

Hi Orea

Just a word of caution on the apple - I tried an apple yesterday and even thought I thought I didn't have much restriction (banded 31 July and first fill not until 11 Sept) I found the apple skin was causing pain - once I peeled the apple it was fine.

I curious as to why you're on 4 weeks of mushies - I was eating non mush by the end of week 3 post op. I suppose we're all different with different bands and bodies and doctors.

Good to hear you're well, Mel

It seems like it's been while since we've heard from some of our original members. It may be that you guys are lurking but not posting so I'd love to hear from you. Just post a hello or something to let us know you're still with us.

I'm still floating around. School started, I'm a school bus driver, so I've been busy.

I'm on mushies untill friday and friday cant get here quick enough! I cheated though this past friday :thumbup:. I had a party at my house and ate a few chips with salsa and a 1" brownie, It could have been worst in my oppinion. Normaly I would have eaten the whole pan of brownies :)

I've had a few NSV's! I can now walk down the bus isle with out zig-zaging between the seats!:rolleyes: I almost did the happy dance in the bus yard! (I saved it for home instead!) and my belly no longer touches the stearing wheel.

Just1More, congrats on the belly/steering wheel thing. I TOTALLY get that one. That's one of the major things that drove me to get the band. Because I'm short, I can't push the seat too far back when I'm driving and my belly was starting to touch the wheel if I slumped in my seat. I started thinking if I don't lose the weight, I'm going to have to get special modifications..... Handicapped by fat? I never thought I'd get to that point and when I was knocking on that door, I knew I had hit rock bottom with food addiction.

Hi Orea

Just a word of caution on the apple - I tried an apple yesterday and even thought I thought I didn't have much restriction (banded 31 July and first fill not until 11 Sept) I found the apple skin was causing pain - once I peeled the apple it was fine.

I curious as to why you're on 4 weeks of mushies - I was eating non mush by the end of week 3 post op. I suppose we're all different with different bands and bodies and doctors.

Good to hear you're well, Mel

I'll keep that in mind about the apple!

The four weeks of mushies is just the policy of my surgical group. On the bright side, they don't require an period of Clear Liquids after you leave the hospital (overnight stay required.)

We went out for Breakfast and I ordered eggs Florentine: Poached eggs over spinach with Hollandaise sauce. I left the English muffin bases and all but a few tiny bites of the potatoes. Delicious, and I got some veggies into my breakfast! :)

I'm excited, i'm going for my first fill today. i hope it's a good one because i really need it gained 2lbs back, i know it will take a few but i'm ready to get going! let ya know how it went later. :tt2:

I'm excited, i'm going for my first fill today. i hope it's a good one because i really need it gained 2lbs back, i know it will take a few but i'm ready to get going! let ya know how it went later. :tt2:

Good Luck! I had my first fill on Aug. 20th and it was completely painless! :thumbup:

I am going to my second fill today, at least I hope. It is a week early by their standards. They make you weight a month between fills. I finally got active over the long week end. Felt good to work in the yard and the next day clean my house. This is the first time that I have worked in my yard all season. Usually I work in it several times a week during the season until it gets too hot. I didn't have the stamina before and being heavy made it difficult to move around. So I am in a good mood today!

Any one else with postive things happening tthat you have noticed that you weren't able to do before the band but now you can? Would you share?

Lucky you! I don't get my first fill for another month, exactly! --Orea