Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Just doing a fly bye, Hope all are well. For me good I guess. Up five pounds and down five pounds, I guess I can deal with that as long as it goes back down. I know it's because I keep going on a sweet bindge and then feel guilty and do what I can to lose what I gained. Just another form of eating disorder I guess but I'm really going to try to get a grip on it. Crap, does it ever get better? I guess I already know the answer to that, It's a life long battle that I will continue to fight. Now I love my sister but she plucks my last nerve when she calls and tells me she's getting so fat because she's up to 134 lbs(we're both 5'6) I'll tell her she has no idea what it's like to battle her weight she says oh yes I do I was really really fat last year, I was up to 150lbs quote unquote. Are you frickin kidding, she has know idea how hard i've battled to get down to 150lbs and she's calling it fat. Anyway just sharing because I just got off the phone with her and it just makes me really fustrated.

Just doing a fly bye, Hope all are well. For me good I guess. Up five pounds and down five pounds, I guess I can deal with that as long as it goes back down. I know it's because I keep going on a sweet bindge and then feel guilty and do what I can to lose what I gained. Just another form of eating disorder I guess but I'm really going to try to get a grip on it. Crap, does it ever get better? I guess I already know the answer to that, It's a life long battle that I will continue to fight. Now I love my sister but she plucks my last nerve when she calls and tells me she's getting so fat because she's up to 134 lbs(we're both 5'6) I'll tell her she has no idea what it's like to battle her weight she says oh yes I do I was really really fat last year, I was up to 150lbs quote unquote. Are you frickin kidding, she has know idea how hard i've battled to get down to 150lbs and she's calling it fat. Anyway just sharing because I just got off the phone with her and it just makes me really fustrated.

I agree with you she does not know what fat is. I am battling the same addiction. I know it is a life long process but I am such an emtional eater that with everything going on right now job, now car and home issues with my husband I am eatting and eatting and can't find and outlet I want to do. I know baby steps but I am so tired with myself. Part of me just gives up and part of me is trying to fix the issue. I am just in my head battling everything it sucks.

Sorry venting

I agree with you she does not know what fat is. I am battling the same addiction. I know it is a life long process but I am such an emtional eater that with everything going on right now job, now car and home issues with my husband I am eatting and eatting and can't find and outlet I want to do. I know baby steps but I am so tired with myself. Part of me just gives up and part of me is trying to fix the issue. I am just in my head battling everything it sucks.

Sorry venting

Girls, I know.......I have been battling getting back on track. I did start eating fruit instead of junk. That has helped my sweet tooth. Oh, I went to support last night. Dr. Davis' wife made a healthy pizza. She grilled two kinds of squash, peppers, onion, and eggplant. Then she chopped it up and put in on a whole wheat Pizza Crust slathered with roasted garlic hummus. she topped it with goat cheese. It was delicious. I will definitely make one. He wants us to go vegetarian. I am not there yet. I still like a steak twice a month, not to mention chicken. I am working on it. He said if all I ate was veggies , fruits, and nuts I wouldn't gain weight. I am not training for Iron Man triathlon like he is...... get real.

Girls, I know.......I have been battling getting back on track. I did start eating fruit instead of junk. That has helped my sweet tooth. Oh, I went to support last night. Dr. Davis' wife made a healthy pizza. She grilled two kinds of squash, peppers, onion, and eggplant. Then she chopped it up and put in on a whole wheat Pizza Crust slathered with roasted garlic hummus. she topped it with goat cheese. It was delicious. I will definitely make one. He wants us to go vegetarian. I am not there yet. I still like a steak twice a month, not to mention chicken. I am working on it. He said if all I ate was veggies , fruits, and nuts I wouldn't gain weight. I am not training for Iron Man triathlon like he is...... get real.

Vegetarian huh. I tried in the past before the band. It was not to bad but now I have trouble eating fruit and stuff with my band. That is why I think some Fluid needs to come out only because some of you guys can eat stuff I can't. And I am only speaking of the healthy stuff.

I've been thinking about that for awhile but I'm so stinkin picky I just wouldn't know where to begin. Most of the recipes seem to call for onions and peppers and that's a big no no with me. I think I'll start checking online to find some recipes. I don't get the nut thing, My PCP says nuts and berries and it seems to me nuts are full of fat right? I think I'd be good if I could just kick this stinking sweet tooth. OH Horay! Halloween is comming. UGH, the battle continues

Oh and Melissa, Mine band is the same way. It's so unpredictable. The pizza Charlene was talking about I know for a fact I would never be able to get it down it's such a fustrating thing.

It is frustrating. I usually have to get thin a crispy pizza or is we go to a pizza placethat does not offer that than I just eat the toppings. Almonds as far as nuts go are a good fat however most of the time cause trouble for me oh well we are all different right :)

Yep, Thats me a topping picker LOL and even then some of that doesn't like me, Like I can eat mushrooms raw but not cooked and cheese is fine but melted cheese is just iffy sometimes it goes down and sometimes it doesn't. I honestly haven't even tried bread it just scares me now crackers are another story I really don't have problem with crunchy stuff. But I did manage to eat a taco and boy it was good maybe not the best choice but good never the less

Yep, Thats me a topping picker LOL and even then some of that doesn't like me, Like I can eat mushrooms raw but not cooked and cheese is fine but melted cheese is just iffy sometimes it goes down and sometimes it doesn't. I honestly haven't even tried bread it just scares me now crackers are another story I really don't have problem with crunchy stuff. But I did manage to eat a taco and boy it was good maybe not the best choice but good never the less

Seems like we are simaler to what we can it.

I think I need a fill. I have been doing shakes and Protein foods. I have had fruit too. The trouble is ......I am hungry shortly after I eat. I think I will call for an appt and get a fill. I do get stuck from time to time, but that is because I eat too fast. If I eat like I am supposed to......I can eat more than a cup. Also I think the exercise is making me hungrier.

Did any of you see the food Lover's Diet on an infomercial? My sister and her husband went on it. Since January she has lost 25lbs and her DH has lost sixty. She said it is a lifestyle plan.....not a diet. Anyway, I ordered the book on Amazon. I like to check all the eating plans and recipes. I know the band is just a tool, but I like having a lot of tools in my tool box. lol

I think I need a fill. I have been doing shakes and Protein foods. I have had fruit too. The trouble is ......I am hungry shortly after I eat. I think I will call for an appt and get a fill. I do get stuck from time to time, but that is because I eat too fast. If I eat like I am supposed to......I can eat more than a cup. Also I think the exercise is making me hungrier.

Did any of you see the food Lover's Diet on an infomercial? My sister and her husband went on it. Since January she has lost 25lbs and her DH has lost sixty. She said it is a lifestyle plan.....not a diet. Anyway, I ordered the book on Amazon. I like to check all the eating plans and recipes. I know the band is just a tool, but I like having a lot of tools in my tool box. lol

Yes tools in our tool box is great LOL let us know what you think

I will let you know.

I had a session with the trainer.....boy, I am gonna be sore. I will go to Water aerobics in the morning. Gotta keep moving or I will be too stiff. I can hardly move in the mornings if I sleep more than six hours. That is why I try to take a walk most mornings.

That's how I feel right now, I feel full fast and feel like I have restriction but I'm hungry every 2 hours. So confusing even after all this time.

That's how I feel right now, I feel full fast and feel like I have restriction but I'm hungry every 2 hours. So confusing even after all this time.

I understand completly

Ugh, I need a fill. I had two slices of regular crust pizza yesterday! I have only had two fills so far, so I don't even know on what days they are done. I am calling this week!:)