Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Hi Everyone

I am posting this here for help from my butterflies even though some are on another forum I chat on.

I am still having a problem with the sweet thing I have alot of sf pudding but still can't stop the junk I of course still want the crappy stuff my husband is being weird he will say something about me spending all the money on the band and sometimes makes little comments and then bring home chips and Peanut Butter and choc and all kinds of crap of course the stuff I like. Ugggg men I don't get it sometimes.

I need to help myself but I feel stuck and I am paddling backwards.

Also you all know I started working for a small employer family own. For the last two days the husband and wife have been egging each other on. To tell you the truth I love working for the husband the wife is nasty remember she is the one that smokes in the bathroom we share. Oh and so no one gets any ideas the couple is in their mid 60's. Even though you might have to point the husband on the right track through out the day meaning he can talk for an hour and forget what he was orginally talking about she on the other hand talks to me like I am stupid and wonders why I am nice to everyone on the phone, Hello?? what is that. I actually watched her be two faced to someone today. When the guy called she was so nasty to him (I can't really go into why but it stems from something she was mad at her husband about) however when he came in she was smily and sneaky with him.

Go figure its a job right not really stressing anymore about the job it is what it is and if I am meant to be there for a short time or a long time God will guide me. I am trying to give those thoughts up nothing I can do about it.

Hi Everyone

I am posting this here for help from my butterflies even though some are on another forum I chat on.

I am still having a problem with the sweet thing I have alot of sf pudding but still can't stop the junk I of course still want the crappy stuff my husband is being weird he will say something about me spending all the money on the band and sometimes makes little comments and then bring home chips and Peanut Butter and choc and all kinds of crap of course the stuff I like. Ugggg men I don't get it sometimes.

Sometimes they just don't think about what they are doing. We went years without ice cream in the house because it is my weakness. Now, my husband tries to keep it in the house. I eat it, but I use it as a meal instead of dessert. If it gets to the point where I am gaining, I will tell him like I told him years ago..."If you want to keep ice cream in your house, then go live with your parents!"

I need to help myself but I feel stuck and I am paddling backwards.

Also you all know I started working for a small employer family own. For the last two days the husband and wife have been egging each other on. To tell you the truth I love working for the husband the wife is nasty remember she is the one that smokes in the bathroom we share. Oh and so no one gets any ideas the couple is in their mid 60's. Even though you might have to point the husband on the right track through out the day meaning he can talk for an hour and forget what he was orginally talking about she on the other hand talks to me like I am stupid and wonders why I am nice to everyone on the phone, Hello?? what is that. I actually watched her be two faced to someone today. When the guy called she was so nasty to him (I can't really go into why but it stems from something she was mad at her husband about) however when he came in she was smily and sneaky with him.

Go figure its a job right not really stressing anymore about the job it is what it is and if I am meant to be there for a short time or a long time God will guide me. I am trying to give those thoughts up nothing I can do about it.

I hope you start to like your job. It sucks to go to a place everyday that you don't like.

I told my Dr. yesterday that if it taste good it's bad for you and if it's blah it's good for you and he said no Kim just the white things are bad for you.

Well then, according to your doc, I can have Peanut Butter Pumpkins, cuz they are brown and beige:tt2:

Well, I am not going to the nutrition classes anymore. They changed the time when I was gone. I have to pick up my granddaughter from Mommy's day out. I will try to stay good since I am going to a trainer. If that is not good enough I might just join WW so I can weigh in and be accountable. We will see. I went to the trainer last night and he kicked my butt. I am so sore today. I will go to Water aerobics tonight or tomorrow morning. I gotta keep moving or that evil weight will come back.

I used to LOVE water aerobics, but I don't have access to a pool any more.

Thanks for understanding I just wish he would listen when I say to stop it.

Oh, I understand too. I worked for a family owned phone company for too many years. Thank God for the opportunity to work, but when the door opens up again........Run!!! I didn't run and missed many opportunities to better myself. I stayed for the benefits for my kids. Start taking classes online. Put your energy into your future. It will help you tolerate the "now".

I wish he would listen to you also. He either needs to support you by not bringing the stuff in the house, or get off you back about not eating correctly. It really isn't fair of him to bring it in and then nag if you eat it. I really think on some level my husband wants me to gain some weight back. It seems as if maybe he feels a little threatened since I look so much better. He always did this in the past. If I lost weight, he would start bringing ice cream in the house and I would cave. I eat it now, but I am not gaining since I just don't eat an entire meal and then the ice cream too. I am at the point now, where he is going to have to stop bringing it home. My daughter also has a weakness for it and she doesn't like it being here either.

Thank you. You have just made me realize I need to put my foot down again. NO MORE ICE CREAM IN MY FREEZER, DANGIT!!!:thumbup:

I wish he would listen to you also. He either needs to support you by not bringing the stuff in the house, or get off you back about not eating correctly. It really isn't fair of him to bring it in and then nag if you eat it. I really think on some level my husband wants me to gain some weight back. It seems as if maybe he feels a little threatened since I look so much better. He always did this in the past. If I lost weight, he would start bringing ice cream in the house and I would cave. I eat it now, but I am not gaining since I just don't eat an entire meal and then the ice cream too. I am at the point now, where he is going to have to stop bringing it home. My daughter also has a weakness for it and she doesn't like it being here either.

Thank you. You have just made me realize I need to put my foot down again. NO MORE ICE CREAM IN MY FREEZER, DANGIT!!!:biggrin:

Your welcome !! Thank you for your information

So still having issues I need to get refocused i bought some stuff to make one of the Soup I liked in the 5 day book I also already had shakes I just need to get by brain regrouped I go to the diabetes dr thurs and she will not be happy with me.

Also my son is going to start wrestling and I figured I could run/ walk when he runs each day. My mom with out knowing made me feel bad and said it would be bad for me to run because it would be bad for my joints and I have not worked out in a while. I am 34 not 60 that hurt me.

So still having issues I need to get refocused i bought some stuff to make one of the Soup I liked in the 5 day book I also already had shakes I just need to get by brain regrouped I go to the diabetes dr thurs and she will not be happy with me.

Also my son is going to start wrestling and I figured I could run/ walk when he runs each day. My mom with out knowing made me feel bad and said it would be bad for me to run because it would be bad for my joints and I have not worked out in a while. I am 34 not 60 that hurt me.

What is the 5 day book?

Hey, gang........where are you? I went to Water aerobics twice this week, walked twice, and weight training one day. I was supposed to go tonight, but after water aerobics....I am pooped. I want to go to water aerobics 3 times a week and weight training 2 times. As far as weight goes......I think I gained last week, but I have dialed back my carbs this week. I need to weigh once a week. Going to nutrition classes kept me accountable. I may have to adjust my schedule and go back. Dr. Davis is speaking Monday night. He is going to teach us how to make a healthy pizza. I will share with y'all on Tuesday.

OKay, peeps........check in this weekend!!! Be accountable!!!

The book is called "5 Day Pouch Test" I bought the book along time ago but you can google it and find the site. It is a way for you to get the carbs and sugar out of your system. It is like doing all the stages when you first get the band but in 5 days

So I had a frighting day at work Fri. A man call threating me about some product he gave my owner that I guess he had not been paid for. The problem was I was all alone and afraid he was going to come to the building. I knew what he looked like because he was talking to my boss earlier in the day. However my boss never told him he was leaving for the weekend and was not coming back till Monday. Good thing I had my large knitting needle and my cell phone just in case. I looked out the front two windows which show both ways of getting into the parking lot so I could lock the door just in case but he never showed up. I have to say I was never so glad to see the workers show up about 45 mins later. My office is not in the best part of town which normally I do not worry about cause there is someone always with me. Since then I have applied for 3 other jobs. Oh and to make other matters worse I was supposed to get insurance after a month is what my boss said then I found out Thursday I will not get it unitl Jan. we can not afford 3 more months of 1300 cobra I say 3 cause we have not paid this month yet. I even looked into putting my son on Peach care however that is based on income. Not sure what I am going to do yet.

I have been hunting for insurance for awhile now and can't seem to be able to find anything that we can afford. What we can afford just doesn't cover crap. This Country sure is screwed up, The harder you work the less you get. I guess it's to bad I missed the slacker gene, seems like the more you just sit around the more you get. AWWww! Venting

Yeah, the insurance thing is twisted. Like I heard someone comment on the new healthcare plan.....Taxes are going up......and Grandma is going down. I want people who can't work to get healthcare, but slackers that have made a profession of working the system.....well, I won't say it. My son, who got laid off last January has made no attempt to work because he is getting all the perks for not working. Let's see....free healthcare for my gkids, unemployment benefits, veteran benefits for college, disability from the service......and has milked them all. I figure he is making about 5,000 tax free a month. He has no incentive to find a job because they extended his unemployment. I should be grateful.....he would be hitting me up for money if the government wasn't paying him to sit on his a$$. Sorry, it is just that we adopted him and saved him from a dad that never worked. It just bugs me to see him take the same road. I know I got off track.......just venting.

By the way, I bought stuff to start a five day pouch test. I am just waiting for my husband to join me. It wouldn't hurt him to shrink is pouch too. Okay, I am off to the county fair to see my grandson show his steer. later peeps!

Please no one take this personally. But I never have used the system to sit on my butt. Butt the system seems to make it easy to do so. I always tried to find a job right away mostly because of the insurance issue. I also think I would drive my husband crazy if I sat at home while he worked. My son loved it but my bills did not. You know everytime i took a job it was for the long all 7 years has been my longest time at a job. If I would not have been laid off from that job 4 years ago I would have not had been at thet Worker's comp job and then where I am now. I guess I have stuff to learn that is why my jobs get moved around.

Please no one take this personally. But I never have used the system to sit on my butt. Butt the system seems to make it easy to do so. I always tried to find a job right away mostly because of the insurance issue. I also think I would drive my husband crazy if I sat at home while he worked. My son loved it but my bills did not. You know everytime i took a job it was for the long all 7 years has been my longest time at a job. If I would not have been laid off from that job 4 years ago I would have not had been at thet Worker's comp job and then where I am now. I guess I have stuff to learn that is why my jobs get moved around.

Me too ! I always worked until I retired in 2000. I am sorry I vented about my son. I guess I am just frustrated that he let his early upbringing by his dad take over his lifestyle. Kimaly is right. Some people are just born with that slacker gene.......just like I was born with the fat gene. You have to fight those genes everyday or they will take over. How well I know.

By the way, my grandson won first place at the county fair showing his steer in the lightweight category. I am so proud of him.

That is awesome about your grandson.

And vent away that is what we are here for :smile: