Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Allie, I am super sore today too after hitting the exercise again after almost 2 weeks off. Am going back for more today. EGADS!!

Here's probably a stupid and personal question. I have never heard of a mons lift til reading these boards. Does it just firm thing up in that area?? Is it part of a lower body lift or in addition to it?? Sorry if it's too personal. But I guess we talk about our boobs drooping, it's only natural that other areas do too. LOL

Good Morning Junies!

Brown.. thanks for the support. I realized that the more I forbid her the farther she got from me. HMM I was just like that as a teen. My parents had no idea who I was or what I was doing because I hid everything from them because they constantly were trying to keep me in line. I know I have done a great job with her and she is super smart and has great self esteem. I have come to the conclusion that I have to support her and realize that I really have no say in who she dates. She is almost grown now and is going to college next year. Trying to be this super strict parent is not going to change anything except like my parents I will push her so far away. I love knowing who she is and her being able to talk to me about anything. And boy do we talk about everything. She just told me yesterday that she is so grateful that I am her mom because she knows she can count on me and that no matter what I will always be there for her. This was brought on my one of her friends who got drunk at a party last weekend and ended up getting into a really bad situation because she was afraid to call her parents. So right now we are monitoring but not forbiding. (sp?)

Long, most doctor's will do the mons lift along with the lower body lift if you ask at no additional cost. I am guessing it just tightens up the skin in the front. I have a chubby lil mons lol.. I never realized it before but was checking posts here and saw people talking about it had no idea it even had a name. I ran upstairs and looked in the mirror and was like eek is it chubby or am I just freaking out.. either way a little lift can't hurt lol!

hey hey hey Junies.. come out wherever you are!!!!!! Did my chubby lil mons scare you away?? I promise to never mention it again! :tongue_smilie:

Too funny, Allie. to tell you the truth, I didn't know that area had a name either. When I first read about it here I had to figure out what they were talking about.

GUESS WHAT!!!!! Just got home from jean shopping, and...........I now own a pair of size 10's!!!!!! And I can zip and button them. They are a little snug. The sales clerk knocked a little wind out of my sail when she said most people had to size down in them, but so what??? The tag and label says 10 and I can prove it!!!!!!!!

Oh and my 25 yr old former college athlete son went and did my workout (Power 90 by Tony Horton) with me today and this old lady kicked his butt!!! He had to stop about 2/3 of the way through the cardio and never did even one of the 200 crunches. I think he was a little humiliated so I haven't bragged too much, but I have gloated a little. He gave up the basketball and hasn't stepped foot in a gym in about 5 yrs. and took up a bad habit of smoking. My prayer is this makes him quit.

ha ha Allie, I'm not scared.

Just got back from parent teacher conference. That makes for a long day and long night. But the light at the end of the tunnel is Spring Break.

Hey, I'm really doing good with my pampered chef. That is really keeping me busy. I wish I could quite my real job and sell pampered chef full time. I will be able to set up my own website before long and anyone anywhere can order from it. I'll let you know when that is available.

Today was my weigh in day. I'm down to 191.5 plus my monthly vistor came today, so who knows what it would have been with out that lovely visit.

I wore my size 16's to school today. I was so proud and looked pretty darn good. I really need to put up some picutres for all of you.

Allie that is amazing that you are so close to getting cosmetic surgery! I know I am going to want a Tummy Tuck and breast lift when all is said and done. I carry my weight in my tummy.

Okay, love my kids more than anything and they can be painfully honest. I have lost about 50 pounds and feeling pretty good. And my 4 year old was watching me change clothes and she proceeded to ask me why my belly was so fat. I told her I was just fat, or course she asked why, and I told her that I ate to much in the past. Oh well, at least I'm doing somethin about it now. I do plan to be a hot mommy within the next year, no doubt about it.

I hope you all have a good night.

Hey long we must have posted at the same time. Way to go on the size 10's.

That is like my 16's I wore today, they were quite stretchy but hey....the tag still said 16 and that has not happened in about 7 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning Junies! It is friday praise God! Woo Hoo!

Long- CONGRATS ON BEING A 10! I am addicted to the brand seven jeans. I love love love them. They are super expensive at the mall I think like 60-100 bucks but at tj maxx you can find them for 30 and boy do they fit nice! I am tall so sometimes I have a hard time finding perfect fitting jeans and these do the trick!

Lucy- congrats on your pampered chef business doing so well! I really enjoyed it too. I can hardly wait for you to get your website up and running cause girl I need some stuff!

All you other Junies out there.. give us an update! Where are you Strike, Cathy, Addy, hunzi, brown, vz.. and everyone else????

Whew, I finally feel like I have some time of my own today, not much but some. I am picking my Grandma up in about an hour to take her to Walmart and to lunch and then coming home and taking a nap!! Time to regroup after the last week(s) I have had. I am just plain old exhausted. That's the only reason I haven't been here much this week, it wasn't Allie's, ummmmm, you know what. :thumbup::lol:

I will have to look for some of those Seven jeans, I've heard of them. I can never get them long enough either. The ones I got last night are on the short side, but they were out of the talls and I wasn't leaving the store without my 10!!! Flip flops in the summer and I should be good. Was going to call them thongs, but these days that has a whole new meaning! :tongue_smilie:

Whew, I finally feel like I have some time of my own today, not much but some. I am picking my Grandma up in about an hour to take her to Walmart and to lunch and then coming home and taking a nap!! Time to regroup after the last week(s) I have had. I am just plain old exhausted. That's the only reason I haven't been here much this week, it wasn't Allie's, ummmmm, you know what. :lol::lol:

I will have to look for some of those Seven jeans, I've heard of them. I can never get them long enough either. The ones I got last night are on the short side, but they were out of the talls and I wasn't leaving the store without my 10!!! Flip flops in the summer and I should be good. Was going to call them thongs, but these days that has a whole new meaning! :ohmy:

Lol Long you are too funny. It was so nice to see your post. I was just on lapband erosion thread and man are there some negative people out there! Nice to read a friendly post! I hope you have a great weekend!

Lol Long you are too funny. It was so nice to see your post. I was just on lapband erosion thread and man are there some negative people out there! Nice to read a friendly post! I hope you have a great weekend!

Why are you reading an erosion thread? Are you having troubles with your band? I hope not, though it's a big concern of mine being self pay as well.

Well now is time for that nap!!

Hey ladies,

I've read some of those negative threads before, just to see what was going on. I feel bad for a lot of them, but there is a lot of bitterness there also.

Yesterday we had teacher in-service and the elementary and high school had lunch together. There were two elementary teachers that came up to me and wanted to know what kind of "diet" I have been on. I laughed and told them it was the "not eat very much diet". Then told them I had the lap-band. One of them told me that she had went to a seminare and had been thinking about. I told her she could come and talk to me anytime and I would tell her anything she wanted to know. I feels good to be able to help people.

Then I was outside yesterday and saw my neighbors mother, whom I don't see very often. Anyway she commented that I had lost a lot of weight so I told her about 50 pounds. People can really notice at this point.

I stopped in town yesterday and got a pedicure and two new pair of flip flops they are so cute!

I also went into a clothing store and found myself at a crossroads. When you walk in there is plus size on one side and regular on the other. Of course I feel like I am forbidden to go on the regular side. I stood there for a moment and took the safe route and went to the plus side. I picked out a couple of size 16 pants and 14-16 tops, they looked really good btw. Maybe someday soon I will have the courage to go on the regular side. I still see myself as huge and feel like people would be thinking "Oh my, she does not belong on this side of the store". I know it's all in my head!!!!

Today is my dad's bday. Going to fix him meatlaof, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls and cake. That is what he requested :smile:

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Edited by lucyavery

Lucy, I feel that way everytime I go into a store. I feel like an imposter in the regular sizes and that I am going to get found out. I think it takes our heads time to catch up with our bodies. But I bet if you go over there you will find stuff that works! Wish some of us lived closer and we could conquer those stores together.

Hey gang, Happy Saturday. How's the mons, Allie? Too funny! Now, don't run up the stairs just to look!!!!!!!

I know it's been discussed on many different threads about going into a store and feeling like you don't belong in the "normal" section. I still feel my cart pull me down the path to the Plus size area. I would be in the smaller sizes and actually look around to see if people were staring at me. Weird. Talkes awhile. But, I love shopping so much that I could be a personal shopper.

Long, I too need tall jeans and slacks. I wish stores would carry more longs. Hard to find. I found 2 great fitting capris for my trip...blue denim and whit denim. I went online and found them and going to order same style in a jeans in tall. They are Columbia "Lean" fit jeans. I am very narrow through the hips and I have extremely skinny legs (not to my delight). These pants are the best fitting I have had so far.

Allie...I love Seven for All Mankind jeans from TJ Maxx. I also like the Seven/7 brand. I notice that the only pants I want to wear anymore are the low rise. I am short waisted and they just fit me so much better. The others come up right under my boobs.

Lucy...so nice you made what your dad wanted for his bday dinner. I am sure you fill and make him feel special. It can't be easy for either of you and I am sure you both miss your mom.

Well, off to get some things done around here. Talk to you all soon. Where is that CathyChats anyway.....maybe she ran off with her blind date guy????????????????

Hi Junies,

I haven't posted for a while but I check in and read about y'all. I went to get a fill last week and she wouldn't give me one because she said i lost 7 lbs in 6 weeks so I was doing ok! I wasnt even keeping track because i go by my scales (naked,first thing in the morning, yaknow) and i have watched the same pound go back and forth for so long, i lose track. So Yay!!!!! i lost 7! I need 5 more to my goal of getting my hair done. Seems to take forever but I keep working on it.

I also have problems gravitating to the plus section. What works for me is to pretend I am looking for stuff for my daughters who are sizes 8 and 10. So if anyone looks at me funny, heck with em! Besides I can now get into size 12 and they are getting loose but I cant get into 10s yet. I told my daughter the other day Do you know how good it is to be CLOSE to your size??? lol But since my weight is mostly in my middle, I still have to get large, xl or 16 tops and not get anything clingy. Cant wait till my belly is proportionate to the rest of me now.

I am visiting my girls this weekend (on her computer right now). Its nice to get away and see them; it doesnt happen very often. Better get back to visit them. See ya later Junies!

Hi! I'm back, it's been a few weeks. At the spur of the moment I decided to get out of town for a while and went back to sunny Florida. Then I will be going again the end of April and this time hubby will come along. Nice to have a daughter there now and have some where warm to go. This unemployed life ain't so bad after all. It's amazing how easily it has been to adjust to half the income. Major change in life style though, but it is all working out. I am still in search of a new job, but there just aren't any in Detroit. I may just go back to school once I figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I did get another fill and oh boy is it tight! Debating on whether or not to request some removed because I fear he may take it all out. I've found that if I eat too late at night I can feel pressure when I lay down. So I'm going to give it a few more days and stop eating by 7pm and see if it loosens up some.

I think I've caught up on most of your posts and too many to comment on except....Allie how's the mons?!!!