Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Teach, that's a real bummer. I hope it's not slipped. That is the one thing I worry about with the band. But 106 lbs, way to go. Keep us up on what is happening.

Iteach...I am hoping for you that you have not slipped. I would be willing to bet that the on call doc does not have a clue what is going on with you. Sounds like he was pretty rude. Nobody needs to deal with an attitude like his. Please let us know what you find out...am anxious to hear that you are just fine and have not slipped.

I have a new goal. I want to lose 10 pounds, that would put me at 184 and I am going to reward myself with a new pair of shoes. But hey...these shoes cost $110.00 so yes....my kind of reward.

I have decided to go it at 10 pound incriments and give myself a real nice reward when I reach it.

In case you're wandering:

Sofft Black Women's Mariel Shoe

wish me luck! I am kicking my exercise back in gear. I have the alarm set for 5:30 a.m. grrrrr!!

lucy

I sure hope your band hasn't slipped, Teach, that is my big fear, and being self pay I doubt insurance would cover a slipped band if they didn't cover putting it in.

Cute shoes, Lucy!!

Allie, you sound so happy and on fire to get to goal. Good job!

Scale finally moved for me this week after almost 4 weeks stuck. I lost 2 lbs this week. WOO HOO!!

Mom, Dad and Grandma are all still staying here so have been busy and not at computer much. It's very stressful but going okay. Grandma's furniture should be here anyday and then she can get settled in her place. Think mom and dad are here til the 17th though. What really sucks is I have 2 sisters in town also and they've hardly been around and have done zip, zero, zilch to help out. They meet us for meals once in a while. And my mom babies them, because they work full time and are so busy. GRRRRR they are both single and no kids, they can help on weekends or something. I don't mind all I am doing, don't get me wrong, but would like a break once in awhile. I am looking forward to going to work in the morning just to have a break. I also didn't workout all last week and plan on getting back at that this week too.

Long, sounds like you have your hands full these days. Aren't siblings wonderful? It always amazed me when I was young running my 3 kids around that my single sister in law was soooooo stressed and just needed a vacation. Grrrrrrrr. :0 Hang in there and vent to us, we support you.

Hey Lucy...cute shoes...hope you can go pick them up soon. I did a little (more than a little) shopping over the weekend. Needed shoes for a few weddings that we have this summer and fall. Found some cut open-toed Ann Klein shoes on clearance and some Soft brand shoes (really cute) and found a pair of strappy black sandals.

Also, not into wearing sleeveless and never have been. Found a black Lauren dress and needed some kind of jacket to go over it. I ended up finding two cute mesh Laura Ashley cardigans...black and a white one. I should be set and need to stay away from the shopping...ALL DONE!

Long....hang in there with the family thing. It will all be behind you soon. Just get out the Peanut Butter, bread and jelly and give yourself a break on a few meals!

Hey Allie...how's it goin'? Everyone else....have a great day!!

Hi! I'm still hanging on out here loosing very slowly. But the good news is I now weigh 1 pound less than my husband!

Army ~ How is your band feeling? Ever since my last fill 4 weeks ago I have been dealing with a fickled band. At first I felt less restriction than before the additional fill and then this past week some days I can't even get liquids down and then others I can eat a good size portion of chicken which typically I can't eat at all. I have an appt next week, not sure if I should get another fill. I'll have to see what my surgeon says.

Lucy ~ Love the shoes. Sofft and Born are my two favorite brands, they are so comfortable.

Long ~ Don't you just love families! Hang in there.

Iteach ~ Praying for you that all is ok.

Allie ~ Good for you and exercising. My Zumba and Boot Camp classes start this week. When I get in the regular zone of exercising I love it. But when I stop, it sure is hard to get back into it. Keep up the good work!

livn4jesus ~ Hi!

Well I think I covered everyones current posts. I spent 8 hours Friday shopping with my szie 8 friend who complained the whole time how fat she was...geesh! Here I am so thrilled that I am fitting in larges and 16's. Oh well, just goes to show you no matter what size your are we all have body issues.

For any of you who like to shop at The Gap, Old Navy & banana Republic, here is a coupon link for 30% off everything March 12-15 and 5% goes to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

http://www.gapgiveandget.com/np/lls.html

Just wanted to say hi! I have spent so much time here catching up on posts that my lunch break is over! I did take the time to measure my calves though and I am so glad to hear that 17 1/2" is normal. LOL. I think I have a pretty good attitude about this whole thing. I just take it as it comes and try to focus on how I feel rather than the numbers on the scale and such. My weight loss has been slower than some but OK with me. I am getting there even if my goal is not so agressive. I still cannot imagine myself smaller than that. I have always been muscular and large if not fat and that is how I see myself. My daughter teases me about how I used to wear shoulder pads when they were in and how I of all people do not need any padding there. Anyway, I feel so much better than before and can almost fit into all of my smaller clothes I had saved so life is good.

Take care.

Just wanted to say hi! I have spent so much time here catching up on posts that my lunch break is over! I did take the time to measure my calves though and I am so glad to hear that 17 1/2" is normal. LOL. I think I have a pretty good attitude about this whole thing. I just take it as it comes and try to focus on how I feel rather than the numbers on the scale and such. My weight loss has been slower than some but OK with me. I am getting there even if my goal is not so agressive. I still cannot imagine myself smaller than that. I have always been muscular and large if not fat and that is how I see myself. My daughter teases me about how I used to wear shoulder pads when they were in and how I of all people do not need any padding there. Anyway, I feel so much better than before and can almost fit into all of my smaller clothes I had saved so life is good.

Take care.

Brown...sounds like you are doing great....such a good feeling to be so close to goal...keep it up. I also am wide through the shoulders and remember the "shoulder pad era". Ridiculous looking but that was the style.

VZ, I've only lost 56lbs since my surgery in June and I am thrilled. It doesn't make any difference how fast you lose, just that you do. My weight is coming off very slowly now but that's ok, because I'm not changing anything about how I eat at a certain weight. You've had a wonderful weight loss. Good to hear from you

Hey all! Thanks so much for the prayers! I went and saw my doctor today and thinks something I ate irritated the area around my band and I have a case of gastritis (sp?). He really doesn't think my band has slipped and felt it would be a waste of time and my money to do an upper GI. He took all of the Fluid out and wants me on liquids for two days, soft for two days and then back to regular foods. He said if I start having issues with regular food to call him back and he'll do the xray, but I'm planning on no problems. He said we'll start refilling my band in a few weeks. I'm so relieved and realized today how glad I am that my doctor is who he is. He's just the best. The best part...by their scales, I'm 199. Now, I know that's not official as my official number is on my scales at home, but none the less, I'm REALLY close to onederland :laugh: Thanks again everyone! You all are the best!!

:tt2:

Jennifer

Great news, Iteach...hopefully this will be the end to your troubles. Take it easy and follow doc's orders.

Hello my dear Junies!!

It feels like it's been forever since I have been on here. Things have been crazy..

My job is teetering .. My boss told me he might need me to go to part time. I told him NO.. I would rather go on unemployment. It has been really stressful here. Oh well, since I told him I couldn't go part time he hasn't said anything and I am still employed so who knows..

I have been going to the gym EVERY DAY! I am afraid if I don't I won't keep it up. I am an excercize fanatic..lol. I am not weighing myself until friday.

I went yesterday to the doc and got another fill.. I know I know.. so I asked what I am at and I am 5.7 cc in a 10 cc band. I was shocked. I thought I had alot more than that. But I have been getting smidges of a fill forever now.

We are going to Providence, RI tonight. My daughter picked her college (Rhode Island College) and they are having a dinner for the presidential scholarship award winners. We are super proud of her. I am still on liquids today so will grab a slimfast to take with me.

Teach- what great news!!

Long- I hope your siblings start pitching in!

Lucy- girl those shoes are FABULOUS!

Brown- lol at your normal calves

I Know I am missing a couple of you.. I have to start taking notes when I read the posts.. lol.. my mind is not what it used to be!

have a great day!