Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Allie, I found the sweater today. It's a silverish one with sparkles in it and best of all it was on the clearance rack at Ann Taylor (love that store). So I am set.

I start my job in the morning. Filled out all the paperwork today.

My hubby says all the right things too. My weight has never been an issue for him other than when I am so down on myself over it. WE will Celebrate 30 yrs in April.

Wow Long 30 years.. how awesome is that! I am glad you found a sweater, would love to see how it looks!

I went to get a fill today and they said NO :wink_smile: I had lost 8 pounds in less than 3 weeks and they thought with Thanksgiving and everything that was plenty. So now I have to wait until January 26 to get another fill. Uggh...

DH threw out his back weight lifting so I am off to cater to his every need. :lol: Have a great night! xoxo

I just wanted to say hi! It has been a while since I was here. Good to see more people coming back. I just updated my ticker and saw that I lost 6 pounds in the last 6 weeks. That is OK with me. I go for a fill in 2 weeks. After almost 6 months, I still have times when I overeat.

I like to have almonds on hand. They are best when roasted - spread in single layer in pan and bake at 400 degrees for aobut 10 minutes. It really brings the flavor out. I don't know how much is lost nutritionally but I start with raw almonds so I hope it is not too bad. I may need to try Jerky, I thought it would be too difficult to eat as it is so dry.

I will be on here more often as I have found that I miss you guys.

Welcome back brown bear! We missed you too! It is go much fun to hear from the old June Bugs!

I have had a good few days, my last fill is working! Finally!

Strikeuptheband! There is a thread on here about rhe Realize Band. I read it and it talks about the Realize band being softer and needing more fill to really cause restriction. My doc mentioned that to me the last time I saw him. Anyway, I am now losing about a lb every 3 days. I hope it keeps up. I also have been watching what I eat better, and being more active.... now that I have recovered from the last surgery. I feel so much better. Last night I finished decorating my tree in my living room. I still have two more trees to finish. I won't like taking it down much, but putting it up sure is fun!

Take care everyone and have a great night!

Hey there brown bear.. welcome back! Looks like you are doing a great job! I was eating Jerky but now that I am at my "sweet spot" It is to dry. I really can't even eat nuts anymore. I hope you have a great day!

Today my new double convection oven is getting delivered and I am so excited. I have wanted this thing forever and hubby bought it for me for my "big" christmas present. He also bought me a nikkon d40 for our anniversary. I was so surprised! This was a great year for presents for me! I hope everyone has a terrific day.. we are finally out of the freezing teen weather and in the 50's today.. woo hoo

Wow Allie! I am so jealous of your oven! I want one so much! I have looked and looked at them! I know you will enjoy!

I don't have a dh anymore, been single for 19 years! I was married for 20 years and dh ran off with my best friend. I raised my daughter and son, educated them and myself! I would love to find a "good one" Who knows, maybe my band will bring me better luck! If not, I am saving for a new convection double oven! :tt1:

Cathy, what a dirty thing for your ex to go and run off with your best friend and for her too. You are a beautiful woman judging by your photo and if you want another relationship any guy would be lucky to have you! Who knows you may opt for that oven!! :(

I just got back from my volunteering at the hospital. It was a very rewarding day. They had a patient in the hospital who went in for Bypass yesterday, but they couldn't do it so she is having a LapBand today. They asked me to go see her since she was nervous about it and had only researched bypass. So I did, the lady asked me to sit down and we discussed it for quite some time. I was able to answer a lot of her questions, etc. It just felt so good to know I made a difference.

Scale still seems to be stuck. On Sat. it will be 3 weeks since I had a loss. GRRRRR This is the first this has happened to me, I have been really spoiled by the scale since surgery and I'm not liking it! I even had a new fill last week.

Hi Junies!

Just got back from a fill, must be the 8th I think...I got another .5cc and hope this gets me back on track. I have not lost much in the last 6 weeks so now I am encouraged again.

Cathy, I vote for the oven! It won't talk back, leave its sock laying around or watch football every saturday nite! I also have been divorced for wow! 20 years. I raised my three mostly on my own and they are wonderful. I am with a guy now who spoils me rotton and I kinda like that but I also have to have my independence. Doubt if I will ever grow up and settle down. Gotta work late tonite since I took off for the fill appt so take care Junies!

Hey Junies..

Oh Cathy, long and strike.. you three made me giggle with the oven talk.. lol.. but I gotta say she is BEAUTIFUL!! I have been saving for over 2 years for it. When we built our house in 99 we didn't have alot of extra money for good appliances.. so over the past couple of years I have saved for a new double countertop depth fridge, bosch dishwasher and microwave oven.. the stove was the last appliance to replace the 200 junk oven we bought when we moved in. I was so excited the Navy Exchange had a huge sale day after Thanksgiving. I was actually dancing around my kitchen after the delivery people left.. it was a struggle to wait until they left but men just don't understand... lol

Cathy I am so sorry to hear about your ex ahole and ex bestfriend ahole.. sorry for the "language" but I feel it's appropriate. That is one of the main reasons I don't have alot of "girlfriends" My best friend made a move on my hubby about 6 years ago.. needless to say we aren't friends anymore.. she sent me a letter telling me how handsome and wonderful he was and that he deserved someone attractive like her. OUCH.. so it's hard for me to trust women.. but on here I feel i can be myself with no restrictions.. thanks junies.. smooches!! :lol:

Long.. that sounds sooo rewarding.. you are very lucky to have found a job that is fufilling!! Congrats!! xoxo.. don't sweat the weight.. it will come off.. your body is probably in shock from losing so much so fast and is in protection mode.. once it figures out your not dying it will start to kick back in to loss. (this is what my doc told me about my stall) so.. give yourself a break.. my lapband twin.. lol :lol:

Long.. that sounds sooo rewarding.. you are very lucky to have found a job that is fufilling!! Congrats!! xoxo.. don't sweat the weight.. it will come off.. your body is probably in shock from losing so much so fast and is in protection mode.. once it figures out your not dying it will start to kick back in to loss. (this is what my doc told me about my stall) so.. give yourself a break.. my lapband twin.. lol :)

I'm glad the volunteering at the hospital is so rewarding since it's volunteer and no pay. But I'd love to work in a real job for the bariatric program too!

Since we've been 'twins' in this losing banded life, have you hit any of these stalls? I got so spoiled with the losses that I am freaking out now. I am in a Biggest Loser weight loss challenge at the rec center and am in first place. the final weigh in is on Monday and I am only in 1st place by 1%, I want to drop some so bad. It's winner take all and the pot is about $700!! I'm doing nothing different than I've been doing really. I just got a fill last week so if anything am eating a little less. I am working out 4 days a week, etc, etc, etc. Oh and did I tell ya, I am not a patient person??? :lol:

Long.. this is going to sound crazy but I bumped up my calorie intake and voila the weight came off.. but you have 700 buck a roos on the line.. jeez i'd be afraid it wouldn't work.. I hit a plateau for almost 3 weeks and my doc said my body was in protection mode and suggested i bump up calorie intake to like 1200 which i tried to do i was between 1000-1200 and i lost 4 pounds in two days.. so it worked for me and got me losing again. It is definetly harder now to lose.. I am happy with a couple of ounces.. I went for a fill on monday but they wouldn't give me one since i had lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks grrrr.. but i was on a plateau before that.. so I was pretty frustrated. Good luck with your final weigh in.. I hope and pray you win!!!!! xoxo

Hey all! Glad to hear everyone is doing so well. I've been lingering at 79 pounds gone and just can't get that scale to make it 80. I think I have some Water retention going on so maybe that's not helping. We'll see what the next week does. I went to my monthly support group on thursday and it was really nice. Only 5 people showed up so it got more personal. I've been avoiding the groups that really delve into the psyche stuff because well, I just am a pretty private person and honestly, don't know if "therapy" is really what I need. I may go to the weekly "therapy" meeting this week to see what its really about. One of the ladies said since she started dealing with the issues she buried from years and years ago she's gained 50 lbs. She had bypass 7 1/2 years ago and may need another surgery since she stretched her stoma. So, my question I guess is it really worth uncovering those issues?

Cathy,

So sorry about your ex-bestfriend. Like I said before I have one of those too! Although my Dh is still here and we are doing great and are really happy. I'm still so angry at her. I think that's why I may go to the meeting. I have to get rid of this anger. (although it does have me walking farther on the treadmill) I'd love nothing more to make her hurt like she did me. And i'd really enjoy watching her suffer. That is so not me!! I guess I have to find a way to let that go. I just don't know how.

Hey Junies..

Katies you are half way there!! Woo Hoo.. I am excited the weight is dropping off again.. I was hoping I would hit 90 pounds lost this morning but nope almost.. maybe tomorrow. Seven more days and it will be 6 months since I had my new life begin. 6 months and almost 90 pounds.. wow what a blessing this has been. At the beginning of this process I kept thinking that this wasn't going to work for me.. I was going to fail, I constantly worried about it . I told everyone in my life that I was getting it and it really helped to push me. I feel like I can eat what I want I just don't eat alot of junk. I pray the last 40-50 pounds come off in the next 6 months so by my bandiversary I will be at goal weight. I am so glad I did this. It was worth every penny of the $18,500 I paid for it. I think that also helped motivate me knowing I was paying for it myself. I am just thrilled to death... I am not a failure.. I am succeeding!!!! :):thumbup::biggrin:

Hey Junies..

Katies you are half way there!! Woo Hoo.. I am excited the weight is dropping off again.. I was hoping I would hit 90 pounds lost this morning but nope almost.. maybe tomorrow. Seven more days and it will be 6 months since I had my new life begin. 6 months and almost 90 pounds.. wow what a blessing this has been. At the beginning of this process I kept thinking that this wasn't going to work for me.. I was going to fail, I constantly worried about it . I told everyone in my life that I was getting it and it really helped to push me. I feel like I can eat what I want I just don't eat alot of junk. I pray the last 40-50 pounds come off in the next 6 months so by my bandiversary I will be at goal weight. I am so glad I did this. It was worth every penny of the $18,500 I paid for it. I think that also helped motivate me knowing I was paying for it myself. I am just thrilled to death... I am not a failure.. I am succeeding!!!! :):thumbup::biggrin:

Another 'twin thing'. I too had to self pay, but not as much as you but close. Anyway I think that has helped motivate me. I also thought I was going to be that one person that the band wouldn't work for. Keep up the good work!