Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Sugarbean - actually I'm fine with the dentist. I am a type "A" personality. I can't stand the thought of my self-control being taken away. I.E. I hate being put to sleep - I panick - LOL

My air conditioner just went out!! YUCK!! It was 103 degrees here today!! I need my air!!

DH has allready called the AC people. Maybe we can be first on the list for in the morning!!

I haven't been checking in lately, but I was having a VERY hard time getting through week 4! After three weeks, I still wasn't able to make it through all of the run cycles. Finally last week I started running outside instead of on the treadmill at the Y. I'm in Houston, so I waited until 8pm to do my outside run. I think I'm more relaxed when I run outside (exercise equipment intimidates me!), plus I'm able to have dinner before my run now that I've pushed the time back. I think I was running out of gas when I was running at 6:30 without eating much during the day.

Anyway, I was able to make it through week 4 just fine, and just finished day 1 of week 5 tonight. I'm finally back on track!

Ok, I'm a member of the muscular calf club too... even at my thinnest adult weight (size 13), by calves were way to big to fit any boots. I'm hoping, but it will likely not come true for me. But, at least my feet are starting to get a little smaller, so maybe I can wear pretty shoes.

Ok, I had a fun moment earlier today. I went bra shopping! I usually hate bra shopping, since I have such big and ugly boobs... something about tennis balls and socks comes to mind :eek:. Anyways, my bra size pre-band was 46 DDD... and I've been too cheap to buy anything new. So today, I bought a sports bra and a pretty one... drum roll.... 40 D. Yippy! I'd love to be a 38 or 36 C, so smaller is good for me. Of course I need the lift and hold em up type of bra!

Georgia, glad to hear the ankle is fine.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Renewed - that sucks! I hope they can get your air fixed today. I see you are in Texas. Is it scortching now? The humidity here is killing me! Is it the whole unit or do you have a leak? Ours went out two years ago at this time - it's miserable!

kathy - that' wonderful! I'm like you - I was a 42/44DDD preband and love that the girls have shrunk. Yea!! Great NSV!!!

Ok you all. I did week 5 day 1 yesterday. I am LOVING this! I am having a great time. I never imagined I would enjoy doing this... but it's awesome!!!

Now if the scale would just start moving down! I don't know why, but I am not losing a thing. I have been stuck for a week now at about 2 pounds above what my ticker says. Grrrrrrr! I wish I could just put the scale in the closet and not worry about it. I am feeling great and I know I am taking care of myself, so why does that number have to mean so much to me?

Anyways.... everyone is doing so awesome! Thanks for all of your stories. You all keep me goin.

WTG Mama... you are doing so well. Both you and Renewed are an inspiration to me. I start week 3 today, and have to admit, I'm very nervous about the 3 min. intervals.

Keep it up everyone! BTW, I planned to Celebrate my 1 yr. bandaversary, but completely forgot :thumbup:. It was on July 26th. Funny how the band was not on my mind that day, instead it was running that was on my mind! I only just remembered because my "Lucky 7's" group just returned from their trip to Mall of America, which was to celebrate the 1st anniversary for us... I couldn't make the trip.

Mama, I forgot to mention... don't worry about your weight. It will come off in time. Many of us are experiencing the same thing. My weight is sitting about +3 to my ticker right now, and has been since Day 2 of week 1. It hasn't yet moved, but I know it will eventually. Stay the course... it will happen.

Kathy - Happy belated Bandaversary!!!!! 3 minutues used to scare me now it is the 5 minutes. Of course, I am down and out right now. I had the EVLT on my right leg that has left me bruised and sore behind my knee. Yuck. I think I will wait a day or two to run.

Mamato3 - you are doing awesome!!! The weight will come off. We are all probably buidling muscles that we haven't used since high school.

Thanks Sugar! Were you happy with the results of the EVLT? I had never heard of that until you mentioned it. I have spider veins on my legs. Kind of bugs me, but not too bad. But have noticed I have a bit of a vericose vein behind the fat on my left thigh... it was buried, and now that I've lost fat, you can see it.

I did my run, and was fairly successful! It did the first 90 sec. interval without any problems... funny how it bugged me on my first day of week 2. Then I figured the 3 min interval would do me in... but I did it. It was a stretch, but I finished it!!! Then the second 90 sec interval was fine, but the 2nd 3 min. interval was very very hard. I ended up holding on to the handrails on my treadmill for the last minute just to finish... but kept the pace going. So I won't count it as doing the full week 3 run, but will count it a success!!! I'm sure by Thur. I'll be able to do this!! I'm so happy!

Today is a good day so far! As you know I'm out of work right now, and speding most of my time searching. Kind of depressing. But today I got called for an interview! Its for a 1 year contract position for Dir. of Marketing to replace a woman taking maternity leave - yes, in Canada we get a year off of paid maternity leave! Its not a permanent position, but its doing the job I'm used to, and is a well connected job, so it could lead to something good. The interview is next Thursday... so I'll take all your well wishes and prayers!!! :thumbup:

Guest Leslie2Lose

Kathy - that's great news about your interview. I know you'll do great!

There were times yesterday (at the beginning) where I thought, I think I'm ready for week two. By the end I was glad I repeated week one.

Ya'll are all doing great! I can't wait to be up to 3-4 minutes. Of course I say that now - I'll be eating my words when the time comes.

Thanks Leslie, you keep at it and when you're ready to move to week 2, go for it.

I know all of us have this same amazement feeling after our run; the feeling that "I can't believe I did that... ohh I want to do that again" and "OMG, do I really feel this way... wow!"

I always feel like that about 1 - 2 hours after my run, sort of euphoric and amazed. I always teased my DH that he only ran to get high. Now I kind of understand why!!

Kathy - Good luck with the interview. Wow 1 year off to have a baby, that sure beats 6 weeks in the USA.

BTW, Great job with the running.

After the brusing and swelling goes away, I am sure my leg will feel and look much better. I am doing the other leg next Monday. Joy joy!!

My sister-in-law was banded this morning. My brother said everything went well. I am going to see her this evening.

Sugar... congrats for your sister-in-law! Yeah, 1 year off for the baby. 17 weeks is considered maturnity leave which is taken by the mom. Then 35 weeks is considered parental leave which can be taken by either parent, separately, together or shared. While off, your employer must hold your job for you (or ensure you have a comparable job to return to) and you can collect employment insurance (EI) for the full year.

When I had my son, it was only 6 months, of which I took the 17 weeks and my DH took 12 weeks. Then when we adopted Sarah, we could take all 35 weeks of parental leave, which my DH took. Because EI is capped at a low amount (about $400 per week), we couldn't afford to have me off for an extended length of time, and my DH's employer topped up his earnings while he was off, but mine didn't... so he took the time.

BTW, I've been researching 5k runs in my area and there are 2 in Sept and Oct which I'm considering. The first one is being held on Sept. 7th, which is a bit early. It would fall on Day 3 of Week 9, assuming I progressed every 2nd day from now without repeating any weeks. I think that is a bit unrealistic. The 2nd run is Oct. 5th, which I believe is very do-able.

Both runs are for causes I hold near and dear. The Sept run is for the hospitals "Children's Epilepsy Unit", which we are clients of as Jesse is a severe epileptic. The Oct. run is the "Run for a Cure" national run in support of a cure for breast cancer... of which my mom died from and I've already had a biospy on (negative). So I think I will enter both and on the earlier run, I'll run/walk.