Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kareyquilts, Mimin, Ghost & BJean The Final Push

I just want to pipe in here and say "GOOD LUCK". I right there with you on the last 20 to go. It is hard. Keep up the good fight.

Laura

LauraP: Feel free to join in! Thanks for encouragement! Today I walked 3 miles and did an hour of pilates. I've been perfect on my diet and I'm starting to feel a little better. Still get shaky in the mornings, I think I need to slow down on the oolong tea and make it last until the afternoon. You're suppose to drink 4 cups, so I make it all up and drink it as fast as I can, because I really don't like it and I want to get it over with. I think my body can't handle that much caffeine at one time. How is everyone else doing? Mimin: How is the swelling going?

Thanks Karey.... I would love and need to be a part of this. I am having such a hard time with this last bit of weight. I had to be unfilled and stayed that way for over a month, due to reflux issues. I tried so hard to stay on plan, but I still gained 5 lbs.

I have now had a small fill and back on track. Has anyone heard of MBT shoes. I had read about them and thought they were neat. Well there was a store here going out of business, so I got them 1/2 off. OMG I love them. The souls are in a U share, kinda like a rocking chair. Takes all of the pressure and strain off your knees and hips when you walk, plus they make you work your core and other muscles. So, I have started walking at least 30/45 min in the AM and doing weights in the PM.

Good Luck All

Laura

MBT shoes? I'll have to google them. Glad you found something that works! Today I did weight training and I'm pretty worn out. Also, had a bite of a cookie. Not feeling good about that!

Karey- don't beat yourself up! Its hard to stick to such a strict diet :smile: tomorrow is a new day!

Laura- I've seen those shoes- they are supposed to do great things to your heiny

keep going!

My weight has been stable a couple of weeks- I think its hormonal/fluid retention- if it doesn't drop soon I'm going to cut back a bit more on calories. I don't think I can exercise more. I'm eating quite a bit right now so have room to go down

Karey, don't worry about a bite of a cookie. That isn't enough to do you any harm. You're doing great with the exercise and following your program. Give yourself credit for all the days you've been "perfect".

Laura, I've heard of sandals called Fit-Flops. Sounds like the same thing. Let us know how they work for you.

Today was a better. Felt less light headed, had a good pilates work out, stayed on the diet perfectly. The chocolate chip cookie cost me any weight loss yesterday, hope I haven't already hit a plateau. I'm really not enjoying this diet, but I know I'll like the results. I think my upper abs are looking smaller and so are my saddle bags. May be in my head, but I think they're smaller. Hope everyone else is doing good!

Hi all!:eek:

Sorry I've been so quiet. I'm still with you all but worried I'm not going to make a dent on my 20 pounds near as fast as the rest of you.

I've been having fill issues and still coping with the swelling issues post PS. Not to mention the stupid pituitary tumor and the hormone induced mood swings it is causing as well as some flu bug that made me naseaus & dizzy for the last week, and some rare thing called Erythema Nodosum I'm just starting to recover from which is some sort of infection in the deep fatty tissue causing painful lumps and sore joints. Oh and I just found out last night that my sister in-law that I was sharing drinks with last week has a bad case of strep and here I thought the sore throat I've been having the last couple days was just a residual from the flu.:sleep:

But back to the fill issues. For months now I've been struggling not knowing if I needed a fill or an unfill. I have been able to eat more than I think I can/should but at the same time I was still having some serious issues with acid reflux nearly everynight unless I stopped eating or drinking absolutely anything from about 5pm on. I went in this week for a consult with my band doctor and had a long talk. He decided it was possible that I have dilated my esophagus and reccomended I have a aggressive unfill to give it a chance to go back to normal. He said I could have a barium swallow to confirm it but as a self pay patient that would be much more expensive than just unfilling it and starting over. So I'm going to be trying to lose these 20 pounds while nearly completely unfilled. UGHH!:(

Well that's all my current drama, or at least most of it. :confused:

Thanks Karey for sending me a PM Kick in the rear to get back over here. Reading through all the posts on this thread really makes me feel motivated to just suck it up and get to work. After all, All of us have been able to lose weight before the band I should be able to do it without a tight band for a month or two. Right?:lol:

Diane: Wow! No wonder you haven't been posting. You've got a lot going on girl! I think your health is the number one priority, not your weight. Of course you can lose weight without the band, but you've paid a lot of money for that tool. Thank you very much! I think I could recommend the HCG diet if your desperate to get the weight off, but it's expensive and somewhat difficult. Maybe you should concentrate on trying to get healthy and just start doing some exercise, like walking. Please keep posting and don't feel guilty. I always love what you have to say. Wishing you the best!

I know I've had a lot going on (even more than I'm posting) but Darn it I'm sick of all my whining and excuses no matter how valid. I really need to just tough it, get off my butt and start doing something. And I'm not just talking about the weight. My house has fallen woefully behind on upkeep and is looking more and more like that of some college boys rental than that of a couple married 15 years with only one child. Even the piles on my desk at work have been getting deeper and deeper.

Something has got to give and SOON!

Hey everyone. Well I love the new MBT walking shoes. The work out is intensified, or seems to be. I sure feel it in my hiney. I injured my knee some years ago, walking on pavement has been uncomfortable and caused me some pain. With these shoes have had no pain to speak of, except for the muscles I am working out, but that is all good. I even ran for about five min and enjoyed it. WOW, who is this person?

Take care all,

Laura

Laura: Running? I'm impressed. Way to go!

I just got an from BJean's daughter that she is in the hospital and had to have emergency surgery on her colon. I know that everyone would want to know, so that they could keep her in their prayers!

Karey, don't worry about a bite of a cookie. That isn't enough to do you any harm. You're doing great with the exercise and following your program. Give yourself credit for all the days you've been "perfect".

Laura, I've heard of sandals called Fit-Flops. Sounds like the same thing. Let us know how they work for you.

I saw those on tv last night. They were saying they don"t work....hmmm..let us know!

Ghost--I am sorry for all your troubles hun, please take care,

Karey--keep us posted on Bjean!

Hi guys, I'm defintely going to be keeping an eye on this thread for ideas/inspiration to get my last 20 off too. I was half way there (was down to 140), but then had a small slip and had to be totally unfilled a couple of months back. I'm only just this week happy with my fill level and restriction, so hopefully I'll be able to get back on track. I was running quite a bit too, but I've had a serious knee injury for several months that is only just getting back to normal with weekly physio and lots of stretching/strengthing exercises. The combo of no fill and no ability to exercise (it hurt to even walk a few paces when my injury was at its worst) made for an unhappy bandster who was gaining weight. It was my worst nightmare come true!

Good luck to all of you with those last stubborn pounds!!

You ladies have been such an inspiration to me. I don't feel the least bit qualified to chime in, but I am working on the last 26 pounds before having PS, so here I am. What better place to get ideas than from the pros.

I am eating low carb. I am using ketone sticks to allow myself a few carbs, but make sure I remain in ketosis. I just completed week 2 of the couch to 5k. this week I would like to add body sculpting 2 days a week. I want to be in really good physical shape for my ps and recovery.

As for restriction. I had an unfill of 0.3cc about 3 weeks ago because of reflux at night. I can tell a huge difference. I am definately hungry. I talked to the doctor's office Friday and they said that when you are close to your "sweet spot" that small amount can make a difference. I am going Monday for a tiny fill. She said probably 0.1cc. I hve decent restriction, so even if this fill doesn't do what I think it should, I am going to allow my band to help me and i am geared up to do the rest!!

Thank you ladies for being an awesome example to all of us. Yall have shown me from the start that this thing is doable!!