Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are there any low bmi's who talk often?

Abrouill, LOL...I had to laugh when you said, "In the end, more often that not I get my way! " It is the same way for me. My hubby loves me so much that he would move heaven and earth to get me what I want. Timing on this isn't great but he knew I wanted it and wanted it before our oldest son's wedding so he told me to go for it. Our savings might be meager for a while but we will manage. :)

Good men are hard to find! My husband and I were high school sweethearts and always seem to be laughing. I tell him that men get better looking as they age, more distinguished, more established. Women just age and everything sags! I want more for myself and for him! I want him to be proud to stand beside me. I know he is but I also want to be proud of myself. This seems to be the only option, everyone knows diets don't work! Have you seen Kirstie Alley on the front cover of the Enquirer! I pointed it out to my husband and told him there's the proof that diets don't work for the long haul. As soon as you try to go back to a normal life, the pounds pile on!

While I want to look good for my husband, I am really doing this for me. I am tired of being obese, of being the "fat friend", of avoiding having my photo taken, of having trouble with clothing (I am petite and try to find an 18/20 in petite! They stop at size 14.). I was always very thin (102) until I hit my 40s so everyone tells me I have a distorted view of what I really look like. I think they are wrong...fat is fat and I am definitely fat! I want to be able to look in a mirror without cringing or to go to my PCP and not look around to see who might overhear my weight when it is checked. Yes, this is definitely for me!

January 10, 2009...so a little more than 6 months away. It will be here before we know it. Do you know how long you will have to wait for your surgery once you have the loan? Do you have the surgeon all lined up and the seminar out of the way?

I went with my sister to her seminar, I am wondering if that will count for mine. Probably not but it's worth a try. It's about a 2 hour drive to the doctor's office and seminar site but what's a little gas, right?! It will all be fine, I try not to sweat the small stuff.

I am a teacher and want to be banded before school starts in the fall. We'll see how fast the red tape can be cut. Once the money is in place, I look for it all to move pretty quickly.

My husband and I met when we were 16 and we have been married 31 years. He is treats me like a princess and am spoiled rotten! Yes, I am doing this for him but not so I look thin, but so I will be healthy and live a long life to be by his side. I guess it is for me afterall.

I've spoken to quite a few who went self pay. Most got their appointments about 2 weeks after the seminar and then had surgery anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks after the surgeon's appointment. That will put me into the end of August or September sometime since my seminar isn't until July 24th. I keep hoping there is a cancellation so I can attend the July 10th seminar and move things up a bit. My main concern is my BMI. I am borderline (33.3) and some surgeons are real sticklers for that 35. Office assistant seemed to think I was close enough so I am praying and keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi Lynlynkr! My husband and I will Celebrate 36 years this year. Hard to believe it has been that long! And, like you, I want to be with him for at least another 36 years so I must get thin and healthy. We will both benefit from it! Good luck to you in your Quest to be thin, healthy and there to share life with your husband!

I assume each of your husbands will be caring for you post banding? Mine does most of the cooking in the summer (lots of grilling) and is concerned about what he can make for me to eat. I'm sure that foods you can grill will not be included on my food plan. I also had to warn him that after my sister got her band, immediately after and lasting a few days, she looked like she had gained 20 pounds due to the gas the doctor inflated her abdomen with. Here's to looking forward to new experiences!

No, my husband won't be able to help me. He will take me, pick me up and then take me home but then I will be on my own. Our home is in one city, but my husband and youngest work in another city 1.5 hours away. So, we have a condo there. They live there during the week and are only home on weekends. Normally, he would take off to help me but his company was recently bought out and they are in the midst of conversions so time off isn't permitted right from August through the beginning of Dec. My oldest son bought a new home the same day he got engaged and moved in a month later. He is a policeman and works 2 pm to 1 am so he won't be able to help either. I am not worried though. I have had 3 prior laparoscopies so am familiar with what to expect. I will just have a few more incisions this time. :)

Angie, you can also email me or IM me anytime. The little icons under my avatar are for aim, msn and yahoo messenger...all you need to do is click on them. :) Good luck on your journey to lapband land!

I'm self paying because my husband had his band done through insurance and it cost him more out of pocket than I will pay by having it done in Mexico. My doctor is Dr. Aveces in Mexicali and the cost is $8,2000 for everything except airfare. My husband paid over $10,000 out of pocket. I am hoping my husbands doctor will do my fills but if he won't, I can drive about 3 hours to a fill center in Austin for them.

I am 45 years old, 5'6" and weigh 211 pounds so I have a low BMI. I am on medication for high blood pressure, high cholesterol and acid reflux. I am also starting to get plantar fascitis (heal pain) in both feet. I was a skinny kid with small bones. I quit smoking about 13 years ago and the weight has been creeping on ever since and my body needs relief! I feel so sleepy and tired all the time so I'm fairly sure I have sleep apnea. Hubby says I snore.:Angel_anim:

I am so excited to get a jump start on loosing weight! I've started exercising on my stationary bike and I've ordered Protein powder for post-op. I hope the band will allow me to get into some better eating habits because I sure can't seem to eat smaller portions without getting hungry soon after the meal. I'm going to start the South Beach diet a week prior to surgery in order to shrink my liver.

Anne