Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All February 2008 Bandsters Please Read This Thread!

hey jax and gibbyy and all you lovely losers!!

i have been away for a long time ....no real good reason....i needed a fill but couldn't get in for 6 weeks...so i slowed for a bit and played with 2-6 lbs up and down on the scale...last week i got topped off...a 6.4cc total in my 10cc band

i had no idea how much i missed restriction...i had been creeping back into my "normal" let's just call it usual habits...i am so greatful to my band for hanging in there with me and not letting me screw up to badly. so far i have lost 52 lbs. and i am half way to goal, and 37 lbs from Onederland. i am back on track, making better food choices, excercise is my next goal...and Water.

i missed all of you and your inspirational prescence in my journey...

"my worst band day is still better than my best pre band day"

peabody---amanda

Hope you can get on the exercise band wagon soon. I'd say it is one of the top two things that have made the weight fly off for me. Of course, the band at restriction helps, healthy foods that nourish you and keep you full of energy and exercise. It was so hard for me to get started but I'm so very glad I did.

:) Random musings....

My weight loss is going so ssssssssslowly but I am not angry or disappointed about that. I expected it since that's how I used to lose weight (pre-band) but I would love for it to be consistently losing.

I spent 6 weeks on a plateau until my last fill, then I had a 4 week hiatus from playing netball, and lost some weight (about 6lbs) (get this - I lose weight by not exercisng???? :confused2::confused2::confused2:) but I am sort of still plateauing. That is frustrating to say the least.

I am due another fill on 5 August but I doubt he will put in much since I am within about .5 of a ml of where they think my sweet spot will be.

I also suffer from hypothyroidism and I suspect that slows the loss down a bit too, but i cannot confirm this. Am I being to fastidious by looking for excuses.

My weight is all in my legs and bum now. I have a little upper torso and no boobs and tummy with a little weight on my arms. But I am exercising regularly again and doing almost all the right things as far as food wise (I did slip into old ways with Pepsi and chocolate a few weeks back ;)).

I can see the difference in my legs which is pleasing to say the least. I still carry a lot of weight there though and suspect that it will take another 12 months to get down to my goal weight.

I have no answer..nor no suggestions! I am so helpful sometimes.

Ok guys...

I went in and was able to get 3 cc's back in. I am back in heaven- love how restriction fills on a fill. Makes me feel in control. Which ofcourse I am.

I still managed to loose 8 lbs during my unfilled stage of 2.5 months. I am so grateful. And this experience taught me that the band truly is my secret friend to longlife management.

This is my 3rd fill...but my first since the unfill.

I have already lost 1 lbs since 7/16 so I figure this fill will get me to Onderland!!!!

Oh...and I love my doc...he recommended a 3 month wait until next fill, but he said if I stop loosing & have no restriction/and the scale plays the same 2-3 lbs up and down...definitely call in for a fill or even just come in on a Tuesday or Wednesday- that he has an open door policy for us...

I looovvveee my doc....

Gibson,

I am so sorry your doctor is giving you such a hassle. I would definitely schedule an appointment and just start out calm and reasonable explaining the reasons why you need a fill. Maybe even practice on demand tears....might help...(hey , my co-worker just cried herself out of 1) LOL.....

hang in there....oh...and stress the BAND IS MY TOOL and we are not using it if I don't have restriction!!!

......well my doctor said that to me......LOL

If no results.....let him know you will be forced to get a 2nd opinion/doctor for fills.

Hi peeps! I've been busy and haven't been around...but I wanted to update and this seems like the place to do it.

My 5-month bandiversary was July 14. I have lost 54 pounds. However...

I got my 4th fill on July 18 after a three-week plateau. I now have 4.6 cc in my 10 cc band. Everything's going well. My fill doc is fantastic -- I see that 4jin sees him also. Dr. Johnson is great. I really like him.

I am sorry, Gibson, that your doc is so frustrating. I know I am lucky. When I saw him and said, "I haven't lost anything in 3 weeks, he said 'obviously, you need a fill!'" Sometimes I wish he would put in more (he won't do more than 0.5 cc at a time) but I would rather not experience an overfill, so I guess that's OK. He doesn't talk down to me and seems to believe that I know my own body and my own level of restriction. It's sad that not all doctors are like that.

I'm exercising 5-6 days a week for anywhere from 30-60 mins (and look forward to it, which astonishes me). I have had a few stuck episodes -- one embarrassing one in a restaurant that ended with me PBing into a napkin and onto my shirt, ugh -- but I haven't had one in several months.

I haven't had a chance to read through this thread and I'm far behind on this forum in general, but I hope everyone is hanging in there!

Edited by GreenChrysalis

hey jax and gibbyy and all you lovely losers!!

i have been away for a long time ....no real good reason....i needed a fill but couldn't get in for 6 weeks...so i slowed for a bit and played with 2-6 lbs up and down on the scale...last week i got topped off...a 6.4cc total in my 10cc band

i had no idea how much i missed restriction...i had been creeping back into my "normal" let's just call it usual habits...i am so greatful to my band for hanging in there with me and not letting me screw up to badly. so far i have lost 52 lbs. and i am half way to goal, and 37 lbs from Onederland. i am back on track, making better food choices, excercise is my next goal...and Water.

i missed all of you and your inspirational prescence in my journey...

"my worst band day is still better than my best pre band day"

peabody---amanda

I love you.:thumbup:

HI you all. I am 5 months post op and I have lost 57 pounds. I have 50 more pounds to go to my goal. I lost 25 pounds before surgery so I have lost 32 post op. I have had to have 2 unfill recently because I became to tight.

HI you all. I am 5 months post op and I have lost 57 pounds. I have 50 more pounds to go to my goal. I lost 25 pounds before surgery so I have lost 32 post op. I have had to have 2 unfill recently because I became to tight.

Cantweight-you and i are on about the same path however you're a little further along then myself. I too am 5'8'' beginning weight of 266 current weight is 218 and my ending goal also is between 150 to 160. good luck on the continued journey.

I've been the same weight now for about 2 months, I did get a fill a end of july & that helped, I dropped almost a size but not an once in weight, I know that is still a good thing but seeing all these BIG weight loss numbers in this month's forum shows me how much of a slacker I've been. My surgery is a secret from work, friends and extended family. I guess My excuse is that I dont want to blow my cover:cool2: Right... truth is I dont want to give up eating for pleasure, I already changed a LOT, guess I'm too lazy to give up some more and obtain a body I could be happy and comfortable with.

I've been the same weight now for about 2 months, I did get a fill a end of july & that helped, I dropped almost a size but not an once in weight, I know that is still a good thing but seeing all these BIG weight loss numbers in this month's forum shows me how much of a slacker I've been. My surgery is a secret from work, friends and extended family. I guess My excuse is that I dont want to blow my cover:cool2: Right... truth is I dont want to give up eating for pleasure, I already changed a LOT, guess I'm too lazy to give up some more and obtain a body I could be happy and comfortable with.

:biggrin: Hey Olgi330! Hon..don't worry..I think we've all been there..I was there about 2 months ago and thought that scale would never move..but once it did it JUMPED!:tt1: I was so surprised! Right now I'm getting ready to go in and have some TAKEN OUT!! I'm really restricted and have been having really bad heart burn..but to feel better and lose slower it's worth it to me! I too have seen the inches go faster than the scale..but if you work out and with the band..don't be surprised if you are turning the fat into muscle and muscle does weigh more..just a thought! Everyone will be different..just don't let it get you down!!:) You're really doing great!!:thumbup: