Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies

I'm so excited, i've just recently purchased Richard Simmons Sweatin the the Oldies DVD. Does anyone else use this tape? I love Richard's bubbly enthusiasm and energy. I know I'm aging myself when I say I worked out to his TV show way back when but I'm looking forward to working out with him again. I'm sooooo out of shape that I think that this may be the way for me to get started again. I've got to wait 3-1/2 months yet to get banded and need something to keep my excitement up. I've never been able to keep up with the traditional exercise tapes, no rhythm. Band date coming up, September 30 in Wisconsin. I'm not sure whether to be excited of scared or what! :rolleyes2:

I too remember the tv show. I have never used his tapes but the last Avon convention that I went to he was there. He is such a trip and so high energy. Another old set of tapes that i used to love were the ones with Tony Little. They were low impact but had lots toning and could progress as you did. They were great for my legs. I might have to check out some of the Richard volumes from the library.

SC

Love that tape and love Richard!! About a year ago my son ran into Richard at a tanning place in LA. He was very approchable and talked to every one. My son told him he has been trying to get me to lose weight for years. Richard took my phone number and called me! Like everyone he speaks to I cried. He asked me how much i weighed. At that time I weighed 229. He told me if I didnt do something soon I would be 250 ( today I am 247 :redface: ) He was very kind and sent me an encouraging letter and the tape! I will bring it back out tomorrow and start again! Good luck to you and thanks for bringing back my memory!

My absolute favorite one is Sweatin' to the Oldies 2. I used to own all of them on VHS and when we got our DVD player, I only replaced Sweatin' to the Oldies 2. Richard is so bubbly and upbeat all the time.

My faves were Sweatin 2 and Sweatin 3. They were great when I was really heavy and out of shape. I bought Disco Sweat but never got into that one. He's got so many DVDs after those old ones, but by that time I had moved on to other workouts. But do try 2 and 3, if you like the first one -- they are good!

I Just Get Butterflies Thinking About It...i Am So Glad I Am Not The Only One Out There That Loves Him. I Found A Couple Of Tapes At A Yard Sale That I Had Been Looking For And I Was So Tickled But They Are Just Sitting On My Shelf. Booo Me...

Had Lapband Surgery On April 30 2008. Doctor Released Me On June 10 To Do More Exercises ....other Than Walking....just Wondering What Could Be Good For The Tummy...which Is My Main Problem Area......but With Out It Affecting The Port

Any Suggestions?

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions as yet. I've not had my surgery yet, I'm scheduled for September 30. Wish it was sooner but I could not get off work until then. It sounds like you are doing grrrreat, keep up the good work.

I have his tape .. yikes.. not a DVD.. so may use it but I have found a fat friendly gym in my city that does a "sit fit" and modified Water aerobics. so am quite comforable going there.. Everyone is so supportive whenyou injure yourself or just cannot do what is going on but Istill have not told them about lap band surgery.. hmm..

I am only 32 but I remember my grandmother watching a show with him and we exercised to it when I was over.

I would do it again in a heartbeat... brings back lots of memories.

Good luck to you Simon!