Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Port Pain, Post Op Day 15

I need to make some lap band friends and....

I have stayed in close touch with my Weight Loss Center and they are well aware of my pain. They did have my doc's collegue see me yesterday but he isn't a primary WL surgeon, he's a general surgeon. (My doc is away in India to be w/ his father, he returns Wed and I have an appt with him that day) The pain is to the left and up of the umbilicus so this allows me to think it's the port as I have read here of pain in the port. (as opposed to pain in the arse) The pain really began on Saturday am && I called off work today b/c the pain was soo overwhelming and I am walking like a little old lady, all scooped over. The pain won't allow me to walk upright. I had previously been walking upright.

Anyone exp. this?

PLEASE HELP!!

love, trish:confused::confused_smile::confused::crying::confused:

UPDATE:::WENT TO ER TODAY,,,,HAD XRAYS~CT~My pain is simply a pulled muscle,,has plenty of surgery in the past due to infertility and never experienced anything like this,,very weird, frustrating and a little embarassing....uugghh!!!!!!!!!! Asked for liquid vicodin for the pain and instead they gave me pills when I was at the pharmacy,,,came home and noticed it, not sure how I didn't notice at the drive thru pharmacy but it brought me to tears,quess it's just all the feeling out of control and not being able to properly meet my responsibility. Thanks for listening.

Edited by Trish1973

I was banded on Monday the 16 and I think I was laying down and felt a pop in my left upper side and it to hurts me to sit up. I didnt know if this is normal or my port came out of the muscle? I just pray it wasnt my band I dont have enough money to pay for this again

It sounds like both of you definitely need to see your respective doctors as soon as possible.

I'm sorry I can't be of much help beyond that! Good luck.