Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my banding June 10th and all has gone well except nausea. Sometimes it is overwhelming. It zaps my energy and I have to go back to work Monday. I have tried Ginger tea which did nothing. I still get hungry and do eat my 3 small Protein pureed meals. I actually make myself eat as that is all I get for the day and I dont want to get weak from not eating. I never vomit just have this constant feeling of nausea. Sometimes it comes in waves and it mostly affects me in the morning hours. I am despert for suggestions or someone to say this too shall pass! Any help out there?:biggrin:

Your doc didnt prescribe any kind of nausea meds?? If not I would definitly call them and ask them to call u in something for nausea, because i know that it is a horrible feeling. I was banded the 11th and my problem is gas, it hurts bad in my shoulders. But i would rather have gas than nausea anyday...but, thats all the advice i got, good luck with it....

Ugh...I'm glad I avoided the nausea as well. Call your Dr. and ask for a script. My Dr. didn't give me anti nausea meds to bring home because he said that he wanted to know if I was feeling ill. I would call as soon as possible and tell him what's going on.

I go threw cycles sometimes with nausea. You have to remember that the band is around your stomach and it must be sending signals to your brain of nausea. You will have to work with your doctor to see if there is something he can give you with medication to ease the stress on your stomach. Everyone is different and some get the band and never feel nausua some do. I did feel the nausea a lot more when I first got my band and it added to the no hunger but once I healed up and my port healed up I would say about three months the nausua subsided but does come back every once in awhile. Walking might help because it actually makes your insides move around and reajust to ease the tension and helps your muscles relax. Don't do any sit ups or something strenuous on your mid section until your completely healed up and you can tell that the aches and pains will lessen as time goes on. But always keep in good communications with your doctor who can help you threw this healing process. There is a shot that makes nausua go away 100% I don't know what it is called but maybe they have it in pill form. I got it when I had the stomach flu and couldn't stop throwing up (this was before my band) and it make the nausua go away instantly. It is a work in progress and total science project with our bodies from here on out. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon. By the way once the nausua stops your hunger will come back like a tornado so be prepared to have things to sip like Protein Shakes or something to help the feeling of hunger and famished not effect you too much. It will all be worth it once your back on your feet and feeling recovered and energy back. Just don't forget about the Protein it is the most important thing to not get fatigued feeling. Keep up the Water too!!! Sip Sip Sip as they always say!!! :biggrin:

My surgeon gave me a nausea patch to put behind my ear before surgery. It's good for several days, so even the ride home was not a problem. He's an angel and I'm thankful that he did it. He gave me an extra one for when I got home, so I didn't expereince any nausea what so ever. But I guess it must be normal or common since he gave me the patch automatically.

Mine gave me "Ondansetron". Little tiny cherry flavored tablets that you dissolve on your tongue...they were a lifesaver!

I found some stuff over the counter at Wal-Mart that worked great for me. It is a chewable that disolves to nothing before you swallow. It is called Nauzene chewables. It was cheap, effective and I didn't need a script.

I bought one box and I still have plenty left. My nausea problem only lasted a couple of weeks early after surgery. I found that Water was making me nauseous more than anything else.

My Doctor had given me a script for Zofran. I knew going in I was going to need something as I have a very sensitive stomach especially after I have had surgery. I needed it for about a week post op. It worked very well.