Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First mushy meal...too much??

I had my very first mushy meal a few minutes ago and I'm wondering if it was more than it should have been. I had 1/2 cup of egg salad and one of those cottage cheese doubles w/peaches. I'm guessing that was about 1/2 cup as well. I was hungry after the egg salad and by the time I was done with the cottage cheese, I felt more satisfied. I could have eaten a little more but decided not to push it. I'm wondering if this was a huge amount to eat 4 weeks out. I haven't had a fill yet so probably don't have much restriction. My head is playing games with me and I'm feeling guilty as if I ate too much (the way I felt before the surgery). Any thoughts?? :confused2:

Hi, I started mushies yesterday, my doctor only wants me to have one mushy meal a day. I too had problems after eating, I'm not sure if it was guilt. I've worked so hard to lose the weight I have and eating this meal made me feel like I blew it. I get restricted in 3 weeks. Can't wait.

Did your doc give you guidelines on how much to eat per "meal" at the mushy stage?

I know I was eating that much when I was on mushies -- the swelling had gone down from surgery and the band was wide open, so everything fell right through. (i.e.-- there is no harm to your band to eat a cup of mushies if there's no discomfort -- it's just going right through your stoma and not stretching your pouch)

By the time I was on solids, I didn't feel like I was banded at all. Boy was I glad when it was time for getting fills! Just watch your overall calorie intake if you want to keep losing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches