Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When do you eat fruits

Hi there this is my first posting - I had my Lap Band installed(?) in November, and it has been working very well. I have been keeping to a strict eating schedule of three or less meals a day. Since I drink alot and do not 'eat' between meals my question is how do you select when to eat a fruit, and is it considered eating between meals...I very confused.

I have eaten some fruits, on occassion but feel somewhat guikty - help!:smile2:

Hi there this is my first posting - I had my Lap Band installed(?) in November, and it has been working very well. I have been keeping to a strict eating schedule of three or less meals a day. Since I drink alot and do not 'eat' between meals my question is how do you select when to eat a fruit, and is it considered eating between meals...I very confused.

I have eaten some fruits, on occassion but feel somewhat guikty - help!:cursing:

My doc allows 2 healthy Snacks and this is when I eat my fruit.

I don't do well with orange white membrane (don't know what its called) but I can eat peaches - watermelon - apples - plums - grapes - cherries

just like with everything else - small bites & chew well..

I really have trouble with fruit these days and truth be told, whilst I've never actively disliked it, its just not one of those things I'd choose to eat if there's any other alternative.

I do a lot of smoothies for Breakfast. I wont do Protein shakes (digusting, yuck!) but I do make banana and berrie smoothies with skim milk and yogurt and a weetbix in them, there's Protein, dairy, fruit, and grains all in one glass! I have one five mornings out of seven and can then forget about fruit for the rest of the day.

On the days I dont have this for breaky, I definitely make myself eat a piece sometime through the day, usually mid morning.

I eat more in summer when the stone fruits are out, but last time I tried to eat a peach, I couldnt finish it even in an hour, really really really hard to eat.

Wow Jacqui you are tighter than I thought. I always somehow got the idea that you kept your band more on the loose side since you can eat sandwiches.

I put fruit on my Cereal in the morning. I love strawberry season. I will eat a couple of those anytime during the day, usually after coming home from the gym.

Oh, I can. But I do the smoothie thing for Breakfast to get my fruit in. I can eat in the morning, but I think dairy/fruit/protein/grain is probably a better option than white toast, lol. And I really struggle with fruit, its harder than bread for me.

Drinking breakfast makes sense in other ways too. I try to remember to throw linseeds in as well, and break my fish oil capsules into it so I dont have to swallow them. And In addition, I can carry it round and sip for half an hour whilst I dry my hair, make the beds, make the kids lunches. Otherwise I just tend to not eat breakfast due to lack of time.

Edited by Jachut

I usually have fruit at breakfast, and then at one of my planned Snacks -- either in the afternoon because the gap between lunch and dinner is too big, or in the evening.

Your overall calorie intake is what matters. So having a planned snack is fine as long as you are taking into account the calories you are eating at that time. Of course, if 3 meals a day only is working great for you and you aren't at all hungry between meals, maybe you want to add fruit in at one of your meals.

I buy fruit and forget to eat it. I am really never hungry, other than head hunger in the evenings. I grow blueberries in my yard in the summer. Now that's a different story. When I have those at my fingertips, I eat them all day long. They are very healthy with antioxidents and all that.

Unfortunatley, If I dont eat fruit, I don't go to the bathroom. It's the one thing that seems to keep me semi regular without going to some type of MOM, Fiber solution, etc. I consider those un-natural and just for emergencies. So I religiously eat fruit twice per day. At breakfast and lunch.< /p>

Thank you one and all for your input it is greatly appreciated. I love fruit and have not figured how to include it in the eating schedule.

I have been having fruit as desert - after dinner. I too am not hungry for fruit pr anything, but sometimes dizzyness does set in and I will eat.

As for fruits I have eaten cherries, mangos, papaya, pineapple,tried oranges did not like them too difficult. Bananas are a no-no becomes yuk.

I can somehow do dried apricots, bananas - ( I got them natural) very good.

As for the comment about being 'regular' - ha! that's funny I can go at least a day or two without ... I have found that if I have a prune or two it helps.

Enjoy hearing form you all.