Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

home from the hosiptal

Wow! I am looking forward to being able to say I have made good progress toward my goal...Getting my band with Dr. Schmidt in Bismarck

next Thursday the 19th. Nervous and wondering how I will control the "grazing" I do with food on a daily basis. This pre-surgery program has pointed out the out-of-control eating I do. I am glad to hear others are successful, I will be to. I WILL do this. I WILL, I WILL, I WILL!!!

You WILL, WILL WILL do this. I too was so afraid that nothing would calm down my appetite but once I had the surgery and followed my doctors orders to the best of my ability (and when I didn't, usually I didn't feel well), the weight started coming off fast. I also did begin to start walking on a daily basis. At first I could only walk a block or two. Now I do between 4 and 5 miles a day and am starting to jog as well. I'm losing very slowly now but food is no longer the center of attention in my life. I still love to eat but my tastes are definitely changing. One thing I have developed is a taste for sweets which I never had before and I try to avoid them when I can. I aslo developed a taste for chocolate which I nver liked before. Again, I try to stay away from it but when I do indulge I'll choose the sugar-free dark chocolate. Feeling good about myself and looking good is now so much more impotant and that's easy to say now that my "constant craving" has been banded. Keep up the fight! As that's how I feel about my weight, it's a constant tug of war and banding has been one of the best weapons yet for my side.

Hi Nick! Congrats on your great progress!

I am considering NYU for my surgery and will go next week to their information seminar. The only problem is getting in and out of the city after surgery. (I am in NJ)

I'm also having difficulties getting someone on the phone to answer my insurance questions.

I too had the same concern about NYU as I am about 60 miles out on eastern Long Island. It was no problem at all. We took it slow going home (stayed in the right lane all the way). My partner had major back surgery at NYU 2 years ago with an incision about a foot long, and he did the ride 2 days after the surgery and had no problems either. We always figure, we're only 60 miles from some of the best medical care in the world, why not take advantage of it (as long as our health provider agrees).

My incisions were very small, so I had no problem there. My biggest concern was the nausea, which was bad for a day or two (nothing to do with the ride home). The suppositories helped immensely with the nausea.

I used Dr. Fielding at NYU and his people took care of everything with United HealthCare. Dr. Fielding and Dr. Ren are the best in the field from what my research found and I (thank God) have only good things to say about them both.

Best of Luck!

The suppositories helped immensely with the nausea.

LOL You know, I know they work, but that is just a funny sentence.

Way to go Nick!! 104 is awesome!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

That's incredible!! You're my new inspiration! I am getting my band on Wednesday morning bright and early. Maybe I'm being too optimistic that this is going to be okay! lol! I'm excited not nervous (Which my friends think is so weird) and I'm hoping to return to my office on Friday for a few hours (which everyone thinks is crazy! lol!) To me this is such a positive step! Course w/ my DH & three kids cheering me on who could not strive to succeed. My biggest worry at the moment is will I be able to drink my cherry vanilla diet dr. pepper every morning like I do now! lol!

CONGRATS! Keep up the good work w/ the exercize!!!

Welcome to bandland Nick. Kathy is right, each day it will get better. Hang in there.