Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A better chewable vitamin?

I have been pretty sporadic about taking my multi-Vitamin over the past few days. I'm trying to make it a habit, but those Flintstones Vitamins just taste soooooo gross to me.

Last night I felt like I had fruity chalk from those things just sitting in my throat.

Is there anything better? Perhaps with LESS flavor?

I do a liquid vitimin. Put it in a shot glass and Down it in the morning. Taste dosent last too long but the vitimin effects are great!

Then I have liquid B12 for when I am feeling sluggish.

i was getting that gross feeling too....but i stayed with the Flintstones gummies....those are hella bomb give those a try....i bet you'll love em....i know i do :biggrin:

I found the liquid B12 in my health food store. It is actualy B Total

Has more then just B12 and I put one dropper under the tounge and hold it for a few seconds then swallow it.

Really works well

I think I got 2- 1oz bottles for less then 15 dollars and one bottle has lasted me a LONG time. I dont take it every day. But I left one at work so when I was getting that sluggish feeling Instead of having caffeene jolt I could have a B12 jolt. Works better then caffeene in my opinion.

I take the flintstones and have a hard time to remember to take them .Since we are on subject of Vitamins. Why exactly do we have to take chewables. When we can take any other pill in the book even a 800mg Motrin which is horse size. I am confused.

I was told not to take the big pills after a fill or for the first few weeks of surgery. I take the liquid because if I am tight in the morning....when I tend to take my pills I can still take this type of vitimin.

I think if you can take pills normaly then take them.

Like Hastings said, there is no steadfast rule that you have to take chewable or liquid vitamins. I think most of us find that the pills are just extremely large and they are difficult for us to get down with our bands. I didn't mind the Flintstones too much. But I have switched to the viactiv chewables. It leaves a slight aftertaste, but nothing unbearable.

You dont *have* to take chewables, I can swallow big pills but I take chewables because I really loathe taking big Vitamin pills. they dont block my stoma but I gag and regurgitate them anyway, I"m a huge baby.

I take 2 kids chewables, a chewable iron/folate supplement, and 2 enormous fish oil capsules. I hate the fish oil ones, when they're all taken I'm definitely going to a liquid supplement for that too.

I keep all mine on the bathroom sink, so when I'm up there with my coffee doing my hair, I take them. Works much better for me than them being in the kitchen - I'll be there for 2 minutes or so so dont have to shove them down fast, I can take one at a time.

Count me in on the "Flinstones taste awful" crowd. Big ol horsepills are too much for me these days, so I take Emergen-C Multivitamin which is a powder you mix with a little Water. Delish!

Doesn't quite have the full complement of Vitamins I'd get from a "real" women's Multivitamin, but I'm OK with that as I eat a healthy, well balanced diet. I supplement on occasion with Viactiv Calcium chews and such, if I feel I need something I'm not getting.