Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LapBand and Mental Health category?

What do you think about a subforum dedicated to mental health issues and how they are integrated with our lapband experiences? There's been a good thread on discussing medications & weightloss (LapBand strugglers area) and I thought we could probably expand on that.

I've just noticed that so many of us struggle with depression, anxiety, bipolar, and panic disorders (just to name a few). Discussing and offering support to each other might illuminate our struggles and help us understand the totality of our experience with weight loss (and gain!).

If there's already something that covers this adequately, please redirect me! Thanks.

I think it's a good idea, I myself have bipolar and aniexty/panic attacks.

I think almost all of us have depression though that's just something that seems to come with the fat :|

You can create your own Social Group at http://www.lapbandtalk.com/group.php?do=create and once you have 2+ members you can create your own forum. If the forum becomes popular I'll move it to the main section.

What do you think about a subforum dedicated to mental health issues and how they are integrated with our lapband experiences? There's been a good thread on discussing medications & weightloss (LapBand strugglers area) and I thought we could probably expand on that.

I've just noticed that so many of us struggle with depression, anxiety, bipolar, and panic disorders (just to name a few). Discussing and offering support to each other might illuminate our struggles and help us understand the totality of our experience with weight loss (and gain!).

If there's already something that covers this adequately, please redirect me! Thanks.

I'm up for your new forum and think it's a great idea! brandyII

I have been fighting depression and obesity for my entire adult life and would welcome a post like this ! I had extreme post partum depression and was almost hospitalized twice.Shortly after,I was diagnosed with bipolar 2,anxiety,depression, and puton 4 medications.I stopped taking my prozac,lithium,trazodone, and buspar when I could not get them down by crushing and swallowing after band surgery.I was ok for a few months and thought it had gone away-the mental diagnosis, only to return with a vengeance ! I am now back on my lithium in liquid form and see my psychiatrist in a few weeks to introduce the prozac in liquid form back. thanks!:)

Someone set up the social group or if you need assistance please PM me and I'll assist you with it.

Provide me with a Name as well as a description for your forum/group and I'll take care of it for you.

Thanks Praise! I tried to start the social group but I'm not sure if I was successful. I left Alex a message with a brief description. THanks to all for the interest!

Thanks Praise! I tried to start the social group but I'm not sure if I was successful. I left Alex a message with a brief description. THanks to all for the interest!

You successfully created it. Please see:

Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum - Mental Health and Lapband Life

Just a question for Alex -- why was this forum set up as a social group rather than a normal one? It seems to me that this could be a valuable resource, and it is instead stashed away in the 'Left Handed Teetotaler Wisconsin Banders' area.

Not a bash against what's -in- the forum, just a concern that it will be underutilized where it is.

Is this better ?

lol I'm lost