Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

POLL: how much fill in a 10cc band?

How much fill in your 10cc band? Round to the nearest number.  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How much fill in your 10cc band? Round to the nearest number.

I have 8ccs and finally I have restriction that keeps me from being hungry after a meal for 4 hrs. I had some restriction before but 2 hrs later I was prowling around looking for something.

I am at 7.8 and I can't imagine getting a fill anytime soon. I can eat very little but I am also never hungry and I think very little about food. I think that I have finally found my sweet spot. I have lost 62 pounds and I have 20 or more so left to go. Sometimes I wish I could eat a little more but thats only when I am really enjoying what I'm eating.

I am currently at 7.5 CC and i have no restriction. I had a bad day Wednesday and ate three whole pieces of pizza and a breadstick before i felt comfortably full. I hope my band has not slipped. I did have 8 cc but that seemd to tight and everything i ate or drank made me feel like i had swallowed an icecube. Has anyone else felt this way? I was hoping it would go away but I had it for 6 weeks before i had some taken out. Now i have nothing again. Have a fill scheduled for tomorrow though.

jude -sounds like your sweet spot is somewhere between 7.5 and 8. From the boards it sounds like the closer you get to your sweet spot the tinier the adjustments. Maybe you need another .2 or .3

Good luck!

yeah i was wondering about that. lol. i talked it over with my dr and she said that some people have no middle ground its really an all or nothing. She did give me another 1/2 cc so i am back to 8 CC and have not had any trouble this time at all. Today is the first day on solids but i can already do things i couldn't last time i was at 8 cc like eat Cereal with no pain. so looks like it has shifted or something.

Iam 3 wks post op and had 4cc's put in my 10cc band at time of surgery. I do have restriction. It was more so in the beginning then now. I was put on soft foods last wk and I have noticed my restriction isn't so tight. 07-26 I go for a fill of 2 more cc's.

banded 07-02-08

13 1/2 lbs lost!

71 1/2 to go!!

Banded 3/3/08. At 5 cc in 10 cc band with minimal restrictions. Haven't lost weight in over 2 months and getting frantic. We're bumping up fill dates to every 2 weeks now to kick start weight loss.

Bexter, At least you have company in your frantic state... ME! :biggrin2: You have great weight loss so far, so congratulations. But I totally feel your pain. I've been stuck at the same weight for 2 months too. At 7.0cc, I have minimal restriction -- yes, I do get stuck sometimes, but no help with hunger and I can eat too much. Last week, I tried to get a fill, but it started too high (0.6cc addded) before we backed it down to 0.2, and that caused so much swelling, it had to be taken out the next day. I couldn't even swallow my own spit. Ugh.

It looks like 7.2cc will be good restriction whenever I can get an appt to have it added. Hang in there, and go slowly on your upcoming fills. You may be closer to that sweet spot than you think!

Hi all,

I was recenlty up to 6.2 ccs and it was too tight. So today I had 0.2 ccs removed today to bring me back to 6 ccs and it has made a huge difference.

Chica, thanks for the pep talk. Sometimes I feel so lost, so out of hope and then I come to this site. I go back up Thusday for another fill. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive for a 5 minute visit. I'm thinking (and hoping) my sweet spot will be in 7 range. The kicker is the doctor doing the fill swears that there's no swelling associated with any fill, that it's all in my head. But I know for a fact that there is and that it takes a good day or two for the swelling to go down before you can get a true feel for the adjustment. Thanks to all who comment and for keeping it real! Love you guys!!:wink2:

... The kicker is the doctor doing the fill swears that there's no swelling associated with any fill, that it's all in my head. But I know for a fact that there is and that it takes a good day or two for the swelling to go down before you can get a true feel for the adjustment.

My doc says there can be irritation after a fill, especially if you eat solid food too soon. That would be uncomfortable, and you need to go back to liquids for a day to let the irritation heal. So I think it's normal!

I'm up to 7.5 in a 10 cc Realize band and finally at very good restriction, 5 months after surgery! I'm so happy. Now it's very painful and uncomfortable if I eat too fast or too much. And I don't get hungry for 3-4 hours anyway.

So I encourage everyone to hang in there, just like people here encouraged me. You'll get there eventually! :)

Like Michelle and yourself, Bexter, I'm really shocked to hear your doc doesn't believe that swelling occurs. After last week's experience, I know there is! This is why my doc insists you should do 2 days liquids, 2 days mushies, and ease back to real food after a fill. Of course, until the last time, I never "felt" the swelling, but it clearly occurs.

Also, I agree -- this board is so great for support in a way that we all need! :) I think I check in at least once a day while I struggle through each day of this friggin' plateau. I have such hope that my next fill will finally help! And, Michelle, thanks for helping me keep that hope!!

Thanks you guys. I swear I get better info and encouragement here than all the doctor visits combined. And I must add, the person doing the fills is the Physician Assistant, not the actual Doctor who did the surgery. He's a little annoying, skinny man!!:)

My doc says there can be irritation after a fill, especially if you eat solid food too soon. That would be uncomfortable, and you need to go back to liquids for a day to let the irritation heal. So I think it's normal!

I'm up to 7.5 in a 10 cc Realize band and finally at very good restriction, 5 months after surgery! I'm so happy. Now it's very painful and uncomfortable if I eat too fast or too much. And I don't get hungry for 3-4 hours anyway.

So I encourage everyone to hang in there, just like people here encouraged me. You'll get there eventually! :thumbup:

I agree, there is swelling and it is very very uncomfortable. I was told to have smaller yet more frequent, if need be, fills to help with that and to extend my days on liquid then mushies longer. I also have to ease into regular foods slowly. Makes a world of difference.

Well, I was supposed to have another fill last week but after gaining 5 more pounds I have to keep a food diary for the next month instead! Feels kind of like I'm being scolded for eating too much. I'm supposed to only be eating 1200 - 1250 calories per day (I think I'm at about 1500). Compared to what I was eating before the surgery, and all the excercise, you'd think the weight would just be falling off. But I'm hungry!! Now I have to wait a whole month before they'll do anything. :thumbup: