Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Have You Lost So Far?

I hope I am back on the loosing train again! I have been having trouble with my Fluid retention again and have another UTI! This is the 6th one since last October! THey are going to do studies to see what the problem can be... maybe kidney stones. (too much high protein) :)

I am feeling better today, got a round of Cipro and Lasix. I can tell a hugh difference in my clothes! I have gone from an 18W pants to a 14W! And from a 1X shirt to a Large shirt, so I know the fat is melting. I just want to scale to talk to me!

Long: good luck on your surgery! I am sorry you have to have another surgery so quickly! It will be good though to get the GB done. Didn't you have to have a scan and check it out before surgery? I did, they said if it was bad they would do both at the same time.

Apples! Glad to hear from you again. I suppose you are still enjoying the lake house. i keep looking at Target thinking that they will have some beach houses or lake houses on clearance.... but no luck! :biggrin2: Looks like the weight is just falling off you! GREAT JOB!

WOW everyone on here has lost a bunch! GREAT JOB! I haven't lost too much, but what I have lost has all been since surgery so I think that is ok!

Take care and have a great day!

Nope Cathy, that is one scan I didn't have. I had psych, pulmonary, cardio, nuclear cardio test, blood work but no scan of that. Someone in chat told me that someone else had their gall bladder out recently and their dr. told them 40% of banders do have them out eventually. But I can't find any info to back that up. Today is my 2 month anniversary of the band so not looking forward to more surgery. But once it's over, lookout!! 100 lbs here I come!! I'm a pound shy of half way there. Though I'll have some more to lose at that point, I've said if I can get that far I will be elated! But I'm going for the goal too.

Sorry to hear of your UTI's and Water retention issues. Hope it gets straightened out.

If you find that clearance sale on lake houses let me know!! I grew up in Wisconsin and both grandparents had 'cottages' on the lake in northern Wisconsin, I so loved going up 'north'.

Hey Cathy...sorry to hear of your troubles. I have been passing kidney stones since 1994. I get them on an average of every 2-3 months. They are Calcium based. I just tough it out at home while they are passing. The only time I need to go in is when they won't pass. I have a double ureter on my right side and they have to up with the basket to get them. I hope you will not have trouble with them in the future...no fun!

Had my first fill today. My doc put 5cc's in. He had put a couple cc's at the time of banding. It might all be in my head but I think the fill helped. Try to stay away from the scale for awhile. You WILL lose. The body is funny that way. I can go for two weeks without losing and all of a sudden I see that I've lost 4lbs or so. I can always tell when my clothes start fitting looser. It's frustrating but just try to be patient.

Yep, been spending six days of the week at the lake. I work out of the home (if you can call it work) and am so lucky to shift things around so I can be up there. Take care and good luck with your tests.

Long- I know you are probably frustrated with the fact that you need to have surgery again. Will be good to just put it behind you..you will feel so much better. I, too, have to have surgery in another month. When the doc was in doing my band he found a number of hernias and a mess of adhesions. Going to get them repaired and on with things. Will mean I have to be careful not to lift for awhile but anxious to get it done and recovered b/4 we go south for the winter.

Hang in there and good luck to you!

Hey there, just thought I'd get in on this thread.

I was banded on June 3rd and since then I've lost 19 lbs. I know it's slow compared to some of you guys, but for some reason that's just how my body is. Even when I lost weight by myself it would take 4 - 5 months to lose 20 lbs. So, definitely going faster than I could do on my own!

Apples, Good luck with your upcoming surgery. You are right, I will be glad to have it behind me. As it's getting closer and closer I am getting a little nervous and anxious. Now you are living the life, lake house during the week, going south for the winter. Where is south?? Florida? Enjoy!

Apples, Good luck with your upcoming surgery. You are right, I will be glad to have it behind me. As it's getting closer and closer I am getting a little nervous and anxious. Now you are living the life, lake house during the week, going south for the winter. Where is south?? Florida? Enjoy!

I usually don't look forward to surgery but this time I am anxious for it. My doc did not want to put the band in when he opened me up and saw my mega hernia. But, he knew how hard I had worked b/4 surgery to get weight off and decided to do it. I have a great chance of slippage because of where the band sits so close to the repaired hernia. Anyway, he can go in and look to see how the band has situated itself and how the repaired hernia looks. I am anxious to know. I have had no troubles and would like to keep it that way.

Yep, going to Florida. Not our favorite state but our son lives down there. Heading to Destin, FL. On the beach. By then I should be in a bathing suit. Our son lives a ways away from there but he is a commercial pilot and can fly to see us whenever. Our first winter down south. I am 52 and husband is 54. We farm and have a business one the side. I do the books and keep the jobs organized. Winters in MN are LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG and BOOOOOOOOOOORING. We want out of here for a few months.

Was in FL a couple of weeks ago and really wasn't any different than out MN summers. It was about 90 and humid. That's about what we have.

Try to relax and not think about your surgery. (Easier said than done). It will be good to get it behind you. Take care and good luck:thumbup:

Apples, you lucky dog! I absolutely adore Destin, my parents would take us there for every vacation!!! I haven't been in about five years though......take me with you!!!!

Hey Gina....we'll pick you up on the way! Never been to Destin but a friend of mine who winters there steered us that way. We are now thinking of renting a house boat for the two months. So many decisions, so little time.

Did you recognize me? Another instructor's wife somehow stumbled upon my photo... :D I thought perhaps I would be a little less identifiable. :unsure: I don't know why they would be so interested in me, there is no way she needs the surgery(almost too thin.):mellow:

Apples: Hope your surgery goes well. I love Destin, my sister used to have a house in Santa Rosa Beach. We would go every summer! Lucky you! Stop in Tennessee on your way down! I live at the foot of the Smokey Mts! in the Beautiful Tennessee Valley!

Welcome Minou! Always good to have a new June Bug! I am a slow looser too. I just plain slip up too often and eat high calorie foods! I have no other excuses. Most of the time I am good.

I go to the urologist on the 27th, so hopefully I can find some answers to the continued occurance of UTIs, I have had 7 in the past 8 months. We shall see.

I have been walking in the evenings as the weather here has been wonderful! It was 49 degrees this morning. I think that is a record for North East Tennessee! I love it!

Long: continue to recover well! You and Apples have lost so well! I am jealous! I go for another fill on the 22nd. I hope that helps!

Take care and have a great day!

Cathy, I was losing so well. I have hit a bump in the road with this gall bladder surgery. I came home from the hospital 8 lbs heavier. I did after banding too but it was gone right away. Today is 4 days since surgery and only 5 have vanished. But I'm not changing my ticker!! These too shall pass eventually. Some of my food choices during recovery weren't the best but I hardly ate any of it either. No appetite, til today and now I'm starving. I know I need another fill and hope to get one on the 20th when I go in for my post op visit. I didn't put a picture of me on here as I wasn't ready to be recognized yet. Not sure if anyone I know would frequent this board but you never know. I've told folks I've had the surgery so it's not a big secret for the most part, but am uncomfortable knowing they could be reading what I post.

Long2bthin...I am preparing myself that I will gain when I have my surgery. I have never been in the hospital that I did not gain. Ticks me off that have to go through it and come out weighing more. Your 8lb weight gain is not unusual and b/4 you know it, it will be gone and you can continue on your weight loss journey.

:biggrin:

Hi I am losing again finally. For 2 weeks I would bounce up and down 1 pound. I am hungry and still have not ad a fill. My Doctor likes 2 do the first at 8 weeks. I have been ready for the last 2 weeks to do it myself. My first fill is scheduled for 8/19/08.

Large LapBand-AP no prefill

Banded 6/25/08

S 324, C 277, G185

weight.png

http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wxvs7ZC/

Edited by teford

Congrats Telford on the loss! I am so ready for another fill, I will get one next Friday.

Long2bthin: I have had you on my mind. I know you got sucked into that thread about not exercising. I have avoided that, thankfully. It is not a reasonable debate in that thread, I have read it over more that once. Seems to be posion... I hope you are ok. Thanks for defending us old ppl! :biggrin: I think the whole thread is just a series of misunderstandings. I hope it becomes extinct!

Apples: I will be looking for you in NE Tennessee. PM me when you will be traveling. Perhaps we can meet.

Waikiki: bread products give me problems too.

greyhoundmom: I saw that you got onto that posion thread too. I think everyone meant well. Strange how the internet can be. I saw Hunzi and Brownbear got caught up in it too. Hope it just dies now.

The June bugs are a great bunch! We don't need to fell afraid to post, thinking we will get blasted. Some times we need to just agree to disagree!

Oh! I hope this post doesn't rub anyone wrong.

nice post as always cathychatts!

i agree, that thread should be done! it went way off track in a really unfortunate way! i'm really sorry it was so intense and upsetting!

going on vacation and glad to get out of the regular routine! usually on vacation i lose weight - the only time i ever did before the band. i used to eat way more and move around a lot more (no desk job to keep me sitting for hours and hours). we'll see how it goes this time! i don't feel much restriction but i'm not eating much. my hubby had Soup, salad, cheeseburger last night while i had fish chowder (milky, so not too heavy with cream). that was IT. i'm such a cheap date these days!!

hope you all have a great rest of the week and weekend! glad to be part of the june bandsters group!

by the way, my ticker is right - been stuck at 33 for 2 weeks now. not that 33 is bad - but i'd like to see it move on down. we'll see if vacation spurs me on. i had a fill 2 weeks ago and it hasn't done anything really that i can tell. next one is 2 more weeks out.

Thanks Cathy for the kind words. I've said all I care to say on the matter and won't be responding anymore.

As of today, this 50 yr old hit 50 POUNDS LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited. That number has been eluding me for 2 weeks, I was stuck at 49, then surgery and I gained 8 in the hospital. Exercise has been light since then and finally today I hit it. I had to get on the scale about 4 times to be sure. One time it even showed 51 but I will stay with the 50 as it said that 3 times. I lost 10 of those before my consult with the surgeon on my own while researching surgery. Never would I have thought that I'd lose 50 by now. I can't wait to see where I can be at by the holidays! I'm hoping for a fill next week when I have my post op appt from the gall bladder surgery and to get released to more exercise, as much as I hate exercise. I am sure the gall bladder surgery speeded me along to the 50 as well as I've not had much of an appetite since surgery til the past few days and now I feel I could eat anything and really have to watch myself and my portions.

Edited by Great2BThin

As of today, this 50 yr old hit 50 POUNDS LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go, I'm so happy for you!!! Can't wait until I can say that!!!