Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Have You Lost So Far?

I hit 83 this morning!! Woo Hoo!! I seem to be on a losing streak again. I see my surgeon on Tues. and am contemplating a fill or not. I'm doing well so why mess with things so am leaning towards not. I do have another appt 2 1/2 weeks later for my 6 mos post op so could get it then. Wow, 6 mos almost. Can you believe it's been that long since our bandings when Dec. hits?

Kizzie, welcome back to the states. hope you can find a fill dr. Is there a FillCenter near you? Could you be overfilled if you are throwing up so much?

Allie, we are still running neck and neck in our losses. I look up to you and follow you so keep up the good work! Seems like when you lose I lose.

Congratulations you guys!!.. in the 80's is bloody brilliant..you are inspiring me!!..

you have no idea.. I have avoided this site like the plague since I have been in the US.. because I know I have STOPPED losing and haven't lost for 3 months.. which is devestating as I had lost so well in the beginning.... I really want to make this work and I know it does work.. so I have put myself back on liquids this morning.. and am going to start scheduling my exercise again..

Long2bthin.. I think my band is fine.. I put my throwing up down to stress I think.. I have been flying a lot lately too and I know I have a few days of being tighter when I fly.. and just as I am calming down again I am flying again!.. I am eating too quickly but I am still trying to find foods that work for me. I can't eat eggs in any form and so many foods cause me to 'slime' and produce a lot of mucus. (gross sorry!).. Funnily though I am fine with chocolate! and meat!.. I can eat meat in any form... and steak goes down very well!.. strange how we all react to this thing..

Thank the lord I got my period this morning and will now stop craving chocolate.. I haven't craved it like this since banding!.. I had gone off of it for a while but the days I was eating it I tried to adjust my calories elsewhere...

but I do want to reach my hand out to you both and say a huge thanks for motivating my butt into action. you are doing so well that I am going to give myself mini goals... !!!..

would you mind emailing or messaging me a typical days menu and exercise schedule?.. this might help too!!..

thank you !!!!

These bands do seem to be fickle things. I have flown some with my band. One time I will be so tight and PB like crazy when I eat. Another time it won't affect me at all. They say stress also causes you to be tighter.

As for my exercise, I haven't been super consistent but do get to the gym a minimum of 2 times a week and strive for more. I do an elliptical or bike for 20 min due to my bad knee and some weights. I have an exerise ball at home and cords. My hospital also provides a bariatric exercise class one night a week, I go to that and then he gives us homework on the ball to work on.

Food wise. A typical day would be:

Breakfast - 1/4 c egg beaters with a pinch of cheese and 2 slices of precooked bacon.

Lunch - usually some type of chicken, once a week I allow myself my craving for McNuggets. Dang evil things most people would go yuck but not me! LOL

Dinner - 4 oz of whatever meat we are having and a few veggies.

Snacks - vary sometimes cashews, a bite of left over chicken or something like that, yogurt. I tend to have a snack late afternoon and in the evening if I have them.

Hope that helps. I have had 5 fills in my band plus a prefill in surgery. I have 10.5 cc's in a 14cc band.

Thanks so much for writing back so quickly!!.. you are really motivating me to get back on track and start losing. I think I might join a gym!!.. I love the machines and rowing machines etc..and it will give me a chance to get out of the house for an hour!!.We have a great island to walk around here and a pool.. so I try to do both. but don't always..

I am thinking of trying biking again, since losing some weight my knees aren't so painful anymore.. (no cartlidge left)..

gosh.. I feel excited again.. I haven't felt this for a few months!!..

(your food diary is a great help thank you!..and hey. I LOVE chicken nuggets and love the tenders too!!)

I'm down 47 pounds since being banded. Only 3 more pounds until I hit the big 5-0! Need to get in gear with excercising more. I probably would have hit 50 already if I was doing so; life and work have been very busy the last few weeks...excuses, excuses. What I have noticed lots of inches have fallen off. I swear I have never worn the clothes sizes that I am currently when I have been this weight before.

Had my 7th fill Monday, doctor almost did not want to give me more, but I convinced him to. I am so happy he did, because I think this fill just might be about right. I think I have about 6-7ccs in my 10cc band. Everyone keep up the good work. Doesn't matter if you're a slow or fast looser, we all put the pounds on 1 at a time (or in my case I swear it was 5 pounds at a time..LOL) and we need to be patient for it to come off a pound at a time.

Good Monday Morning!

Kizzie.. I had to find outside of the box excercizes.. I have always always always HATED excercizing. I knew if I excercized I would lose faster so I bought a WII and I have to tell you that was one of the best choices I made.. The Wii fit is awesome!! I love doing it. I have slowly stepped up the excercize, I get in lately at least 30 minutes every day, either by wii fit, going to curves or some other form.. I do sit ups every day now which is amazing.. I am up to 20 sit ups and 10 leg crunches. My diet consists of the following:

Breakfast - usually nothing, I am super tight in am

Lunch- some small piece of meat and a veggie or if fast food a small cup of chili from wendy's

dinner- small piece of meat and a veggie.

snack - if I can't go with out some small sweet like a 90 calorie kozy shack rice pudding.

This is what I usually stick too.. I try to eat as low carb as possible since I lose faster that way.

I hit 84 this morning!! Woo Hoo!!!

Allie, I have WiiFit too, LOVE IT!! however, I just got Jillian Michaels (Biggest Loser) new game for it and was majorly disappointed. It hardly uses the balance board and is mostly controled by holding the controllor with numchuck, but it just didn't respond to your movements at all. I thought maybe it was this 50 yr old but my son was helping me set it up and he couldn't even get the thing to respond. ON one of the event on it my character was still stuck at the starting line and Jillian is saying good job, keep it up! My son took the game to a game store for me and sold it back for half what I paid for it. I hope to find something else, but had such high hopes for this one since it was Jillian, etc.

hello everyone! you sound like you are all keeping a good attitude and working hard at this!

kizzie, i just flew to san juan (from NH) for a cruise and boy did the band get tight! i was sick the next day - 1st day on the ship - all afternoon - i thought it was sea sickness but i'm not sure. i felt better the rest of the week and had a great time! and the band saved me from gaining weight! i think i got that 'full painful feeling' (but no sliming really) with every single thing i tried to eat. the food was so varied and i tried to stick to things that 'should' work. it was hard but i was glad for the band or i would have had way more to eat! i relied on peanut m&m's - no kidding - to make sure i had energy because i wasn't eating much on some meals because of the band and the food choices i made made me 'feel stuck'. we exercised A LOT and that helped. i had too many carbs tho - like bread sticks and potatoes but i am only up 2 lbs and i am pretty sure that is Fluid because i'm all puffy.

thanks for sharing your food plans long and allie! i am eating more than you. my next fill is next monday (before thanksgiving!). i can't eat much at meals - about what you are - but i'm snacking more than you are. i'm exercising 4-5 times a week and have bumped up 2 days to 45 minutes of cardio. i FEEL wonderful physically - i feel very strong and i can really feel my muscles working but i'm still WAY too big. we had to really walk fast thru the philly airport on the way out and the way back and i felt great! i was so surprised - i've had to do that before and sweated like crazy and was miserable. not this time! we hiked on st. john and other than being incredibly HOT i felt very good. i was so happy. i have a long way to go tho.

need to get losing again. i want to lose 40 more lbs by june 10th (my band-aversary). i'm stuck at 40 down (not counting the 2 i've gone up because i just don't believe it!).

take care all! oh, has anyone else noticed they now get motion / sea sickness since getting the band? i think that is happening to me- happened on a docked boat in july and then last monday on the cruise - not sure if it was that but i suspect it might be. i've never been sea sick before the band!

bye for now, gotta work - 1st day back. bleck.

VZ congrats on the 50 pounds lost!!!!! Woo Hoo..

Long thanks for the info on the jillian video I was going to buy it but heard that it sucked... I want the outdoor challenge (im asking dh for it for xmas).

I hope you all have a great week! xoxo

I am losing slowly but surely after this last fill. I PB alot but I am happy that after this last fill I am no longer hungry. I hope that the weight loss continues until my next visit.

aj congrats on the 40 pounds gone!!

Long congrats on the 85- how have you been????

teford.. looks like you are doing great!

grey , kizzie and vzg how are you guys doing?

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving..

Edited by alliemorris73
forgot to add someone :(

AJ, Congrats!!

Allie, I'm doing great. I have slowed way down in my losses. I hit 86 about 10 days ago and am still there or even up a half. I was away on vacation the week of Thanksgiving, but thought I did really good. And I walked a lot. But when I think about past Thanksgivings, I sure didn't stay the same nor lose. I'd gain a lot and that didn't happen this year.