Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3rd week on full liquids and getting hungry

I just finished my 3rd week of full liquids and have one week to go but have noticed I'm not feeling as satisfied as I was the first couple of weeks. I'm eating the same foods but am really hungry. Is this normal? I am getting between 800 and 900 calories in per day. I don't want to get any more calories in because I'm afraid my weight loss will stop. Any advice?

How is your Protein intake? I find that when I start getting a bit hungry its because I have not had enough protein during this phase. Are you drinking Protein Drinks? Its easy to calculate your protein that way. The Protein Drink I drink is 35 grams of protein and easy to calculate that way. I have been told to get 50 to 60 grams of protein everyday.

Hi, I am at the end of my second week of full liquids. The last couple days, I have ordered Soup out. I went to my favorite chinese restaurant and ordered egg drop soup, and hot and sour soup. They are soooo good and makes me feel satisfied. I am thinking tomorrow I may order a french onion soup without the cheese somewhere. :thumbs_up:

I'm with you guys on the Soup. I am one wek post op tommorrow. The satisfied feeling from the "liquids" only lasted about three days for me so I looked in my info and saw I could eat soup too as opposed to just broth. So I have made a chili soup, a Tomato Soup and a chicken noodle one. They are very runny, not thick and no clumps in there and I only eat 1/4 cup or 2 ozs. per meal. They go down fine and satisfy me. I just need to get some protien powder to add to them because I'm only getting one Atkins shake a day in and that's about 15 grams of Protein. I think I need more.

i got proti Soups and cream of wheat which i have been eating. I can only take a couple sips right now, 4 days post op. I am however getting bored with what i am having already. IM thinking of getting some wendys chili and blending it tonight. I really am craving like an enchilada Soup, but i as well need to get protien powder. My husband looked for powdered egg whites but couldnt find them anywhere in the town we live. grrrr..

I am in need of some help. I'll be 2 weeks pre op and I was so hungry yesterday and today, so I ate t small pieces of fried fish and my stomach started cramping bad. I won't do that again but I have been so hungry, I think I am going to get some heartier Soups. Can somebody give me some feed back quick.

I can see why your stomach cramped after having fried fish. That is tough on a stomach that is used to liquids for awhile. Protein is the key. Make sure you are taking in adequate protein. I've been told I need from 50 to 70 grams of protein per day. I drink protein drinks and eat mostly protein with my meals. I get my protein drinks from Trader Joes (I don't know if this store is near you or not) and Acheive Moca drinks. These drinks have 35 to 40 grams of protein in one drink. It is satisfying and gives you the protein. I put fruit in the blender, ice, milk, cinnamin (not sure of spelling) to make different versions and to statisfy me.

Run some Soups or chili through a blender (just enough so you still have texture but no hugh chunks and eat them. Progresso Veg Beef Soup did wonders for me the first week. You can also add small amounts of Protein powder and not even notice it.

Just remember small amounts and eat sloooooowly and if you have any chunks; chew, chew, chew!

I agree with the Soups and Wendy's chilli. I am one week post op (banded on Sept. 12th) and found after three days on "broth" I needed something more substantial. I know it's all in my head because I really wasn't hungary, it was just in my head that having some real "soup" seemed so much more satisfying to me than plain watery "broth". I've been doing that for the last couple of days and it works fine for me. I eat about 1/4 cup of Soup per meal. I also drink a Protein shake a day that has 15 grams of Protein in it. Together with the Soup, I'm getting in about 25-20 grams of protein per day. I am reading you guys are getting in a lot more protein but I haven't figured out how to do that yet. I tried adding some plain Protein powder to my protien shake and flavored Water and it was nasty so that's out. I'm getting about 40 ounces of non caloric flavored water a day in too!

weight.png

Soup saved me! I would go to the grocery store where they have self-serve hot Soups and scoop up soup but skip the veggies, noodles, etc and just get the broth. I would get 2-3 at a time and keep them in the fridge. Totally saved me!!! YUM!

i have aplan for dinner what do you all think? im going to do some ground turkey in some sloppy joe mix. then blend it for me to eat? lots of protien in one serving 26 grams, for the family ill put the blended mix on french bread and some low fat cheese for yummy cheese pizza :wub: do you think blending meats at this time is ok? im starting to actually get really hungry now 10 day post op and protien shakes are doing the trick anymore. ive been drinking the 50 grand slam with 50 oz protien. I dont want to upset my band but man im sooo hungry and for some reason ( maybe its in my head) real foods that are low carb low fat in the blender work well to satisfy me. I made a huge mistake yesterday. I took a yogurt to work thinking it was 3 4 oz but it was six. and boy i felt it. I was sick for the rest of the night. couldnt even eat dinner :confused:(( i need to check my portions every single time!!!