Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters??

I was banded on Sept. 6th. I have only lost 13 lbs. I am hungry all the time. I am walking 2 miles a day. I know I shouldn't feel discouraged, but I do. I haven't felt the sensation of fullness at all. I hope that I will when I have a fill. Do you think that filling full is only pschological? If it is, then I don't know if I can do this.

Karey,

Congratulations on your banding. You are doing GREAT! 13 lbs is an excellent weight loss is such a short time. Just be patient and the pounds just keep coming off. I believe that you are truly feeling hungry, and a fill should do the trick for you. You have to remember that this is a huge lifestyle change for us. I was banded Sept. 9th of last year and have lost a total of 80 lbs. I would do it over again in a heart beat. So don't get discouraged and keep up the good work!!!

Hi

I to am a September bandster, 26/9/06. I have six incisions, 5 small and one large. ( two inches ). I look forward to sharing experiences with you all.

Tanya

:girl_hug: hi other banders well i think filling full may depend on what we are consuming me i see the doc tomorow the 9th oct that i have been on liquids for 13 days first 6 clear only 7 mixed suger free pop cicles/jellow broth/tea/juce,s and i am looking foward for a change with those king of foods they go stright trough the small pouch and stoma to the other part of the stomic if i fill like i want something from that list i just have it my stomic has been a bit gassy most of the time and growls with any thing i have so i have not felt full because its liquid foods and it just gose trough but on the other hand i have not been overly hungery just like any other diet you miss some foods but i got my mind set im not going there again thats what got me were i am now i think tomorow i can go to soft foods and after two weeks im ready but ya i do beleve that alot of the strugle is the mental chalange of making our minds up that after the sugery and all we all have been trough (IM ONT TURNING BACK) i refuse to alow food to beat me this time with the banding as a helpfull tool and that is all it is a tool i will make this happen we can make it happen hope i can help in some way sept banders hang in there again tomorow is my first visit to the doc sence the sugery on the 28th sept hang in there (jumbojet):biggrin1:

I was banded on Sept. 6th. I have only lost 13 lbs. I am hungry all the time. I am walking 2 miles a day. I know I shouldn't feel discouraged, but I do. I haven't felt the sensation of fullness at all. I hope that I will when I have a fill. Do you think that filling full is only pschological? If it is, then I don't know if I can do this.

13 pounds in one month is awesome! I am considering doing this also...but I need some encouragement from other people that have it done. Somebody please help...

Hi all!!!

I was banded on 9/15/06 I am just not losing weight like I should be. I was finally filled and 2cc total fill but find I am still hungry most of the time. Occasionally If I eat too fast I feel full right away, but if is eat slowly and chew well I can eat way too much. Is is time for a fill? I think so but would like others opinions. I just don't feel like I have hit that "sweet" spot yet. Help!!

hi every one its been between 9 to ten weeks sence my band on 28 th sept, i have lost 60 pounds, at first it was easy, i hear its easyer for men ,so im lucky for that, but i think its 90 percent mind set, yess we get hungry, as my doctor stated, a lot of the times when we think were hungry our bodys are telling us were thirsty, beleve it or not if you drink alot of Water it helps you fill fuller, i like my ice tea with splenda,if you have never tryed splenda, try it, its the gratest thing sence air, ha ha,as food i eat alot of the things i use to not all, but the key is, and my wife as a registered nurse was right, (portion size) i use to eat 4 times as mutch, i have had one fill but i think to many folks worry to mutch about another fill,, as the doctor told me to work on, as we eat to learn when we start to fill full, and stop, alot of times I eat a meal from the healthy choice type, the small portion there around 250 to 350 cal and i rilly dont count cal,s i dont think we should starve our selves but if were eat fruit, Jello, or somthing lite ,theres weight watchers diserts, suger free pop cicles ,ice cream, and yess there foods we or i know i cant eat chewing well helps me, i have ate to fast or not chew as well as i should of, and it is verry un comfortable and yess filling full is pschological to some extent because we ( I) have gotten so use to eating so mutch food so fast and this sounds crazy but we have to learn how to eat all over again,and know when we start to fill full (NOT STUFFED) and dont forget we all have been trough srugery to loose weight,(FAILURE IS NOT A OPTION)