Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters??

Guest ds3150

Hi, I'm pretty new to this support board, but I am a September bandster as of the 24th. I am 11 days post-op. My port is on my right side by my lower ribs and yes it was the sorest part of the surgery, finally yesterday I can feel it is starting to heal and I can twist and turn alittle easier, but I also get tired and my back seems to get fatiqued easy. I have been hungry since about the 3rd day after surgery and I don't have really any restriction to speak of, but since I am trying very hard to stay on the liquids I don't know how much is there. I have cheated a couple of times with just a bit of soft food and some milk to get by the real hungry times. Next week is the start of the pureed stage and I am hoping that will help considerably. I don't yet excersize because I have been trying to rest as much as possible and going back to work made me pretty tired, I am still taking the pain meds but not as often. They do really help with the port pain area and finally last night I can say I had a good nights sleep and even was able to turn on either side for awhile. sleeping on my back hasn't been a fun or comfortable thing during this first week or so. Well anyway I am happy to read others situations that are where I am in the process.

Thanks

Debi

Guest barnrat

Hi,

I was banded on Sept 14th. I was one of the lucky ones that so far have not had any of the problems that they said I could have. It has seemed almost to easy. I'm at the stage that I'm about to go on to soft foods and my greatest fear is throwing up. I have read so horror stories. Where were you banded at. I was banded in Monterrey Mexico. I've lost 20lbs so far. Hope everything keeps going well for you

Becky:laugh

Guest aefpa2003

I am also a September Bandster, banded 9/8/03.

The first 4 weeks of liquids was a real challenge, but I just started taking solids this weekend- Today I had my first experience of pain while eating a turkey burger- I must not have chewed enough, because it felt like it got stuck in my stoma--like the food had gone down the wrong way- This lasted maybe 10 minutes. I guess it's a reminder that I have to eat slower and chew more!

I agree with the other poster who wished she hadn't told people about the surgery-- I too am tired of answering the question, "How much weight have you lost?!" I'm very pleased to have lost 20 pounds so far.

I have 5 incisions, the largest being just a tiny bit longer than 1", where the port is, below my xiphoid. (mid upper abdomen.)

Good luck to everyone!

Anne

265 pre diet

250 9/8/03

230 today 10/6/03

150 goal

Guest Linda

Hi September bandsters!

My surgery date was Sept. 8th. It's been easier than I thought it would be, although the first two weeks were painful, especially getting out of bed or lying down. The large incision seemed to be stretching, I guess weak abdominal muscles maybe. I'm almost at the one month mark, and see the surgeon this Thursday. I'm pain free now. I couldn't handle the liquid diet for two whole weeks, I started on mushy, soft foods by the second week. Lots of Wendy's chilli, mashed potatoes, meat loaf, grahmn crackers and milk, and of course jello! I've lost 25 pounds since surgery, but it's been hard to get the Water in. Now my main problem is dry itchy skin. My incisions have itched from the beginning, but now all of my skin seems dry and itches. I'll see what the doctor has to say about it. Has anyone experiences the "phylem bubble" I think it's called? It's happened twice. Not really like the PB where something gets stuck and comes up, but a really uncomfortable, painful feeling midchest, a burning after you've eaten something, then it sort of burps up, but it's mostly phylem, nothing solid. I don't know what causes it, unless it's eating or drinking too fast. I'm looking forward to the first fill. I really don't feel too restricted at this point.

I was banded on 9/24/04 .....after all this....how is averyone else doing? It will be my 1 yr Bandiversary on 9/24!!! Anyone have any "re-focusing and re-motivation" tips to share????

Sept. Bander List

9-23-05 Banded_for_life -33

Bensumum1109

Booga

Cancun Girl

can'twait

CatLover

CCBSTX

9-14-05 cissy -21

cnicholl

Dani Star

dms 2423

DVSABoss

eh2965

ERinR

JaygerL05

Jen 122277

Jill S

Kim B

9-12-05 Lynn B -34

Macabella

MaseAnn

NancySmiles

PamRN

sunsett

Tandi 9-30-05 13 pounds

Terrilen

Tricia K 17

tztmama 7

vanesav

wonderkidsmom

Hey! My date is Sept 23rd also! we'll have to compare notes when we get banded. I'm so anxious! I have no idea what its like to control my eating. The only time I've not ate as much as i do each meal was when i was super depressed and didnt eat for a couple of days. Talk about the worse relationship ever with food!

I'm looking forward to this new change in my life. I'm ready for food to not be the highlight of my day. Today I actually smiled at the little packs of applesauce in the grocery store and I look forward to eating it! - one container at a time - not the whole pack! :D

I wish you luck and my thoughts will be with you while I am in recovery as well!

I am so happy to have my very own thread....Everyone, that has had their band in place, seems to be doing wonderful! Those of you who are coming up, I have thoughts and prayers for you.

I am just over a week out (banded 9/8/2005). I have 5 incisions and everyday seem to be doing a bit better.

Driving seems to be uncomfortable for me. How are you feeling when you are up and about? Are you sore, slow, achy? I find myself, in the late afternoon, to feel my energy is drained and sore.

Shawn

Hey all - another Sept 12th here. Sounds like everyone is doing wonderfully! I also have 6 insicions - one at 1.5", one at 1" and the other 4 are just punctures. Add those to the 2 from my gallbladder last month (he re-used one of the holes) and I am starting to look like a human pin cushion.

So is everyone getting in their Water and protien - I believe the liquid diet is held in high contempt with most of us. I am drooling at comercials now - not good.

Keep in touch,

Guest can'twait

Wonderful to hear from those who have gone through the surgery, as my date of 9/21/2005 is fast approaching! I've been really nervous, scared, anxiety-ridden on some days, and then after reading the posts, my nerves seem to calm. It's really encouraging to hear the experiences of others. Just when I think I'm about to change my mind, I read a fellow bandster's post that makes me stop, and think, that I must do this if I want to live a healtheir life and a better quality of life than I am living now. Again, thanks for the encourgement, and keep me in your prayers as I approach my big day!

I too will be a September Bandster on 09-26-05! WOOOO HOOO! Cannot not wait! Just trying to get thru the pre- op liquid phase, today is day 5....only 9 more days to go!~

Hi fellow September Bandsters! I was banded on September 9th...plus had to have my gall bladder removed at the same time, so my recovery is going a little slow. I sure miss sleeping on my side. I'll be sleeping on my back for some time yet. Today is one week for me, and I am able to get around pretty good. We are all on our way to a new healthier body. I can't wait!!! I go see my surgeon on Monday to get my staples removed. I am trying to remember to make sure that I get enough fluids in so I don't get dehydrated. Good Luck to You All!!! We Are On Our WAY!!!!

Hi everyone! I was just banded on Sept. 14. Yesterday was a struggle to get down even liquids because I was still so full of gas. Today is a good day so far. I've already taken a walk (2 laps) around my cul-de-sac, drank a full 16.5 oz bottle of Water and had a Slim-Fast drink. I'm just a little sore at one of the incisions right in the middle of my tummy. Bandages come off today, so I'm curious to see what my scars will look like.

Everyone stay stong and the best of luck on your weight loss!!!!

I got banded on Tuesday, 9/13. I was hungry right from the beginning and ate 4 Jello cups at the hospital that night. I haven't taken any pain meds because it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm starving all the time though. I've eaten my weight in broth and jello. I'm trying hard not to cheat because I feel I can eat anything. I've lost 9.5 pounds in pre and post weight.

Anyway - we've all started on a journey together and should be proud of ourselves for having the guts to do something as drastic as this. Love to you all!

Hurray for me!!! I am now a Bandster... I was up and walking around about 2 hours after surgery. Boy will I tell you... being in the hospital with lots of energy and nothing to do was terrible... If you plan to go, take something to do... I brought books but I wasn't in the mood... I walked everywhere on the floor... I think the nurses were about ready to shoot me.... finally at about midnight they brought me in a sleeping pill and wouldn't leave til they watched me take it... and then I was up again the next morning bright and early.

All the nurses were great and Dr Ortiz and his staff are phenomenal.

I won't say that I didn't have any pain after surgery... but it is only when I stretch my muscles on the left side a bit too much... lifting... twisting... but as of 2 days later that only twinges... not really a pain... I do have a lump in my throat... swelling making me feel like I am REALLY full. But that too has gone down alot... and it is not always there.

I am on my way to the new me and there ain't no stopping me!!!!