Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all.

I have been looking around here at all the bookstores and I haven't been able to find ANY books specifically on lapband.

I have seen some online but do not have a way to order things online.

Does anyone have any old LAPBAND books they don't need anymore.

I keep finding books on weight loss surgery in general but none on lapband.

If you have any books on Lapband/gastric banding please Private message me. I would SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

Hello, the answer is yes to your question of whether I have found a good book. I found it online and it is the following:

Lap-Band For Life (The Complete Patient Guide to Success with the

Lap-Band) by Areil ortiz Lagardere MD FACS

I chose this book because this doctor actually had the surgery himself and I thought that no doctor could tell the Lap-Band story like someone who has actually been through it.

So I have enjoyed it. It helped me to know what questions to ask when I went to my Nutritionist Seminar and when I go to see my Dr. Weaver tomorrow. It was about $20.00 but it was worth it for me to understand what is getting ready to happen to my body. I got it from Amazon.com

I hope that enjoy it!

There is also a Lap-Band Companion handbook by Watson MD and Jones MD. It explain the operation, gives the BMI charts and walks you through the various stages/phases. Some pretty good diagrams and food lists, etc. I purchased it on Amazon.< /p>

I would purchase these books if possible, I am asking if someone has any spares or if they don't need them anymore to possibly mail it to me etc.

I really need some good lapband books/book.

froggi, can you ask your local bookstore if they can order it for you? I know that even my local little bookstore will order books for me if I give them the title and author. If you live by a Barnes & Noble or Borders, they'll order books for you too.

I'm no help in the what kind of book to get dept but thought I'd let you know about stores ordering books for you.

Best wishes.

Still in need of used lapband books...anyone...? Help is appreciated. Thanks. PM me if you have any.

Lapband for Life by Dr. Ortiz was very helpful I read it all in less than a week. If you can't get it online, definitely try Barnes and Noble or Borders.

Lapband for Life by Dr. Ortiz was very helpful I read it all in less than a week. If you can't get it online, definitely try Barnes and Noble or Borders.

Again I am asking for someone to send me some used lapband books if they have any lol:blush:

Again I am asking for someone to send me some used lapband books if they have any lol:blush:

These books are excellent reference materials and most people may not want to give that up. You may just have to go out and buy like everyone else who has already.

I can't just go out and buy a book or buy them online. I don't have money or a cc, or dc. That's why I am asking if anyone has any spare lapband books -.-

I am looking for anyone with

Weight Loss Surgery with the Adjustable Gastric Band: Everything You Need to Know Before and After Surgery to Lose Weight Successfully books

or any other lapband books they dont need

I would really appreciate it

If you have any you dont need anymore PM me and I can give you the mailing addy

I think what maybe the other posters don't understand is that you are asking for someone to send you the books for free. At first, when I read your post, I wondered why, if you could use the computer to post the message, why you could not use the computer to order the book. So it sounds like it is simply a money issue. Of course, if anyone is kind enough to mail you one that will cost them money. I do have a book, which I want to keep, but I have found that it doesn't have anything in it that I can't find on the internet.

I have a lapband book that I read and re-read. I have it at home so I don't know the exact title. It was written by one of the daughters of Mohammad Ali (the boxer). She describes her lapband experience from beginning to end (if there is an end). It was also co-written by her surgeons. I bought it from Amazon. You can probably search lapband and tons of books come up. This book was referred to me by someone in my support group. I re-read the portions whenever I was in that particular stage in my lapband experience and it really helps me. Check it out.