Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so our 8 month mark is up (or about there). how is everyone doing?

i have been at the same weight now for months. i have a fill scheduled for next wed. i think that will get the ball rolling again.

i am loving my progress though. i have so much more energy. i am more active outside with my kids, playing, walking, doing yardwork. i love riding my horse again! well, love it more.... i dont feel as sloppy riding. i know i still bounce in places i shouldnt, but it is better! and i love that.

i really want to get this last 25 off by the end of summer so i can begin my countdown for the Tummy Tuck and breast lift/augmentation. even having lost 40lbs so far, i have only went down 1 size pants because of my nasty fat apron belly. its gross, makes me cry and i cant wait to be rid of the thing!

hope everyone is doing great.

Hi Want_so_bad,

I went through the same thing, basically a great weight loss at the beginning, then it slowed to a screeching halt. I did get a fill last week and that has started the ball rolling again (thank goodness!)!

I really feel so much better since I've lost the 50 lbs., but still have another 60 I need (want) to lose.

Hopefully I'll be going down the rabbit hole (Onderland) soon, that is my next goal!

Good luck and hang in there. Let us know how it goes for you after you get a fill.

I am down 60+ and banded Oct 11th 2007....I have 7.2 cc's as of today....went in for a fill... we will see if this is a good restriction for me...good luck

I was also banded in oct/07 I have had 2 fills and am down to 218.5 from 285 with my highest weight at 304. It seems so slow at times but when you start adding it up it is great. This is my first post I hope it appears, I am not great at this computer thing.

cc

The 22nd of June will be my 8th month and I totally suck. I have lost a total of :embaressed_smile:16 pounds. I am still a big fat ass and haven't even had to buy any new clothes maybe just a few shirts. I don't get any compliments about the 16 pounds that I have lost and my friends always ask me why I am not loosing weight and tell me stories about how successful this STUPID surgery is.....well it isn't if F'en sucks! :lol:

The only good thing is that I have reduced the amount of insuling tremendously so I guess that is a good thing. :thumbup:

I go to the gym, I work out hard, I watch what I eat...I know its the freaking insulin that won't allow me to loose weight but my STUPID doctor (ENDO) keeps saying it isn't the insulin! They think they know everything so I am going to go see another (ENDO) I have gone to see the Nutrionist and she is alright but I just can't seem to be able to really count my calories and make myself a menu its as though its so freaking complicated for me to do. :smile: I am really so pissed off about this whole damn surgery already. I hate logging on and seeing how successful everyone has been and me and my fat ass just wasted time doing the damn surgery I should have done the gastric bypass instead of this bs lapband! :tt1::crying::smile::crying::smile:

If any of you have any menu plans or ideas for me please help me out! :tongue:

Dear allamess, I'm sorry you are feeling so down. I too use to compare my weight to others and think what the heck am I doing wrong, why can't I drop 5 lbs a week with no effort at all like them? Well, I'm not them, I'm me. It is harder for me, because I have PCOS, but in saying that I will be honest and say I use it as an excuse to eat carbs and say it's not me it's the carbs. It's hard not to feel bad when the weight is not comming off. As for a diet plan I went into this surgery thinking I will NEVER have to diet again. For me that is never going to happen. I do cry about that once in a while but then I have to self talk about all the positive things I have accomplished. As far as the bypass surgery I also have thought I should have got that operation. But, it is a long wait for this surgery. The goverment pays for it but your wait is 3-8 years as the Dr's are so limited here. We also have no coverage for the lap band it is all self pay, and honestly all the problems some of the people have scare the stuffing out of me. I have had a bad couple of days and have decided to get back at it before the 3 lb gain turns to 5 lbs. Do you have someone you can talk to? It's hard to do own your own. I don't really have a diet plan I could help you with, but I do know what works for me right now is to eat the same things basicly everyday. I am trying to follow the low carb way for life and when I get closer to goal I will intoduce good carbs and see if I can't lead a more balanced life with my food. So, don't give up, you are worth the effort and do what is best for your body. Do something good for yourself today and I hope you feel better.

cc

allamess, I hear your pain! I know its frustrating and the doubts that you're having make you feel foolish, I know how you're feeling. Did it occur to you that others are also losing slowly but too embarrassed to post? Not everybody out there has lost 50 lbs. Some may have even be so discouraged that they have quit reading this site,LBT. l hope you do not lose hope and quit posting because this is when we need it the most!

I was talking to a friend not long ago who was getting discouraged. We have the same doctor. She said the doctor told her this was a 3 year process. You're using less insulin. That is fantastic!!! Don't underestimate that. That is progress. Please, please, please hang in there. There is another site that I have been getting some inspiration from, Sparkpeople.com. Check it out.

I'll be honest, I haven't posted anything for a while because I felt like a failure because I wasn't losing as fast as I want to. I really wondered I anyone needed to hear from me because I wasn't where I wanted to be, but it sounds like my being honest and open might help here so I'm back. If you were anything like I was, and I think most people with a weight problem are the same, not only would you have not lost 16 pounds over these past 8 months but you would have probably put on another 5-10 lbs. I have not been great about what I have been eating, but then I never was. Talk to your doctor again Sometimes I think they are to busy to really listen when we are opening up to them or we make them feel uncomfortable and it's easier to just pass us off. Make sure that your fill level is where you needed it to be and be a pest until it is. Stay with it you need support and this site is a wonderful place to find it. Don't wait for other people to tell you how you look, take note of the changes in yourself, set small goals( I didn't notice much change till I hit 20lbs gone) Thats only 4 more pounds for you! keep trying!!! We are all behind you and we understand. If you don't already, start letting people take your picture, you'll be amazed how you can see the small changes.

I can say that Ive never felt REALLY depressed about it but it is kind of a bummer. But like others have said, I haven't put in the effort. Even now my exercise stickers on my calendar get very lonely. I just haven't done it. I injured my ankle in February and just got back to normal the beginning of this month. Oh, and its been hot out...(excuse) so I haven't walked much,,,oh, and I belong to a gym but I find it really hard to fit into my 'busy' schedule (excuse).

BUT!!! My fill is now where it should be...totally sweet. And I have been eating slowly and Protein first. AND!!! I've been losing real steady now. Like, I've lost 2 pounds this week. I think my sweet spot has been with me for 3 weeks and it just took me awhile to accustom myself to it. I work evenings and this seems to make a difference. When I'm home I don't need food as much. You'd think it'd be the other way around.

Point is that HOPE is there. Don't give up. I was aggressive with my fills to the point that my doctor got sick of seeing me lol. He could see where he poked me the last time cus the mark was still there. Well, he hasn't seen me in a while.

I'm one who stopped writing but never stopped reading. Especially here in our monthly forum. Slow or fast, to me it doesn't matter. I definately would have put weight on had I not done this.

2 other things have changed for me that is very significant. I was a binge eater and liked to eat out ALOT. Mexican, pizza, Pasta YUM. Can't go there much now. And I LOVED my beer. I can't tolerate carbonation so I'm pretty abstinate...that's a good thing because alcohol was a problem for me.

This operation isn't completely about weight. My cholesterol was good before but my triglicerides have gone down significantly. This is good. So keep your chin up and pray for patience.

Valerie

i see that this thread has kind of died down, but want and i have been talking on the other thread and getting ourselves back together.

i was totally off track. when i get sick, i eat. and i've been sick. well, i started posting my calories and what do you know i lost 4 lbs in about 2 weeks!!! now i'm messing up again, but still posting.

girls we can do this. i say oh great this isn't working for me, but yet i drink a sweet drink or eat a candy bar. it is working for me, when i work it. i have to track my calories, or i will not lose weight. it is hard to do though.

i have lost 24 lbs since being banded. i did get down to 201 and then plummeted back up. i can't wait to get under 200!!!! (i'm now 204).

Good for you for bringing this one back...I like to keep up with people who were banded at the same time as me, so this is good.

Good luck to everyone and Bandster, ONEderland is right around the corner and waiting for you! You can do it.

Happy weekend everyone!