Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aceves In Mexicali Mx. (( ROCKS !! ))

I know... I'm not a "Bandster", ((I had the gastric Sleeve))

I had the sleeve by absolute Choice... I didnt want any of the Drama that goes with the band.. Fills, Erosion, Slippage, Constant vomiting, Etc.

I just wanted my procedure To be SAFE, Less invasive, A healthy lifestyle choice, and Yes, Reasonable....:thumbup:

I did MONTHS of research.. and because i was a Self Pay... I did have to shop price.. Which also made me look outside the USA for a Qualified surgeon. I found that and More...with Dr. ACEVES in Mexicali Mexico !

Before you make your decision.. Check out my website and see what my journey was like. I am 6 months Post surgery..and have lost a bit over 115 lbs ! I will be at Goal way before the year Dr. Aceves projected.

My website is

MySpace.com - Randall - 45 - Male - DELTONA, Florida - www.myspace.com/fatboynomore

I have before and after Picts as well as some video footage of my experience at the hospital !:thumbup:

Good Luck and God bless Each of you on your journey !

:cool2:Randy:cool2:

Hi, Randy! I also choose the sleeve and will have surgery by Dr. Aceves on July 25th. I am SO excited! Like you, I did oodles of research and had narrowed it down to two doctors but was still undecided about the sleeve only because I wanted to chat with someone who had been there and done that first. I was lucky enough to stumble on a post by WasaBubbleButt who had experience with the lapband and the sleeve. After chatting with her I knew that my decision, of the sleeve being the answer for me, was the right decision.

Like you, I don't want the drama of the band or all the hassle that I have learned of on this site: PBing, sliming, possible slipping, erosion, fills, unfills, constant office visits, etc. My life is hectic and the band sounded like it would add to the chaos.

I also like that VSG makes a major difference in the hunger hormone and that weight loss seems to be more consistent and more rapid. I like that the part of the stomach used (the muscular part) will not stretch easily. There was just so many positives about this procedure! How are you doing now?

Edited by ilse72
accidentally missed a word

I still am Very impressed with my sleeve.. I believe this is my salvation for the rest of my life.. In other words the key stepping stone i needed to Help me get where i want to go !~ Where NOTHING ELSE WORKED.. this has with flying colors.. I have had Stints of.. what they call STALLS..

((periods of time where i don't loose or only loose a very minimal amount.))

But.. with patience and continued diligence.. this too shall fall by the wayside.

:thumbup:I LUUUUUV My sleeve !!:embaressed_smile:

127lbs Lost so far !!!!

Edited by RavenLunatic

Hi everyone! I just got banded 6 days ago and everything everyone has said is true about Dr. Aceves and his team!

Here are things you can get with Dr. Aceves and his team that you won't get in the U.S:

1. Someone to drive you to the hospital and hotel and airport as needed.
  2. Someone who speaks English that will walk you through pre-testing, the hotel features, the hospital procedures and features. Everyone is ready for you when you get there. Very little waiting around for anything.
  3. Three doctors who come by three times a day and really care about YOU and your spouse if you bring one.
  4. Press the nurse call button and you get someone in 5 minutes or LESS!
  5. No charge to repair a hiatal hernia found during my procedure!
  6. Fluffy, white, clean towels and soft toliet paper in the bathroom/shower which has a hand-held shower device.
  7. A sofa with clean sheets and a blanket and pillow for your spouse.
  8. My husband and I had a good time visiting with other patients and their families and comparing notes.
  9. You get an extra day in the hospital.
  10. All nurses wear white uniforms and the female nurses wear the little nurse caps! So professional and sharp!
  11. No BEEPING, IRRITATING I.V. drip stations or anything else that beeps in the night for no good reason. You get the old timey kind that work just fine.

I'm sure I've left some things out, but these are the ones that impressed me most!

Anne Powell

Sleeved on July 14, 2008

Dr. Aceves, Dr. Lopez and Dr. Campos

I know... I'm not a "Bandster", ((I had the gastric Sleeve))

I had the sleeve by absolute Choice... I didnt want any of the Drama that goes with the band.. Fills, Erosion, Slippage, Constant vomiting, Etc.

I just wanted my procedure To be SAFE, Less invasive, A healthy lifestyle choice, and Yes, Reasonable....:scared2:

I did MONTHS of research.. and because i was a Self Pay... I did have to shop price.. Which also made me look outside the USA for a Qualified surgeon. I found that and More...with Dr. ACEVES in Mexicali Mexico !

Before you make your decision.. Check out my website and see what my journey was like. I am 6 months Post surgery..and have lost a bit over 115 lbs ! I will be at Goal way before the year Dr. Aceves projected.

My website is

MySpace.com - Randall - 45 - Male - DELTONA, Florida - www.myspace.com/fatboynomore

I have before and after Picts as well as some video footage of my experience at the hospital !:smile:

Good Luck and God bless Each of you on your journey !

:cool2:Randy:cool2:

Wow what is the sleeve? And pricerange whats the differece? I also will be paying on my own and am going to Mexico for a lapband. Any help on how the doctors are in Mexico will be great :biggrin:

Wow what is the sleeve? And pricerange whats the differece? I also will be paying on my own and am going to Mexico for a lapband. Any help on how the doctors are in Mexico will be great :eek:

A sleeve is more like a permanent version of the band, kinda. They make your stomach smaller, remove a hormone called Ghrelin so you don't experience hunger for at least two years, there is NO aftercare and no maintenance, weight loss is a bit faster and a bit better, and the long term risks and complications are fewer with the sleeve than the band or bypass.

Randall,

I'm way ahead of you! I checked out your rocking site a long time ago when doing my own research! You are doing so well and look really, really good!!

Anne

Hi!

Alberto Aceves is on my top 3 list. I'd love if anyone would post here or PM me your personal experience with him, good, so-so, or bad..

Thanks so much!

Edited by limelight

Hi!

Roberto Aceves is on my top 3 list. I'd love if anyone would post here or PM me your personal experience with him, good, so-so, or bad..

Thanks so much!

You mean Alberto Aceves? I really like him. He did my band and then later I asked him to switch me to a sleeve. He's great!

You mean Alberto Aceves? I really like him. He did my band and then later I asked him to switch me to a sleeve. He's great!

yes, yes, oops!

Is there a gastric sleeve forum anywhere?

Is there a gastric sleeve forum anywhere?

Sleevers Support Forums - Sleevers Support Forum

sleevesters.myfreeforum.org :: Index

VSG FAQ's (Powered by Invision Power Board)

Also:

There is one that is part of ObesityHelp.com - Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG) - Home

There is one that is part of WLSfacts.com

and one that is part of the Living After WLS Neighborhood forum -

LivingAfterWLS Neighborhood - Your Safe Haven Circle of Friends

:thumbup:I am really happy you were able to get anything out of what I posted.. I hope everything turns out perfect for you in the end ! have a great Journey ! :eek:

Randall,

I'm way ahead of you! I checked out your rocking site a long time ago when doing my own research! You are doing so well and look really, really good!!

Anne