Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I live in SEXY South Florida

:shades_smile:Hello from sunny, sexy south fla. I was banded on Cinco de mayo. I'm in need of a buddy or more. I 'm not always that motivated and when I feel down I come to this fourm. This is even better as it's helping me directly. I was 220 pre- op and I'm 5 3". I'm married with two kids. My friends try to help, but there is nothing like going to someone who's been there and done that. I guess my love affair with food is going to have to take a back seat until I have the motivation and the doctors ok to eat normally. Right now I'm having a really hard time eating enough Protein and I'm sick of liquids. I'm drinking Slimfast, because it's the only thing that taste's good. My doctor has me on full liquids until I see him next week ( I hope). I've had some soft foods with mixed results. I don't think it's cheating, because so many have eaten much sooner. It was the mashed potatoes that made me feel like crap. Someone please mentor me....

Denise:shades_smile:

I'm from N Fla,, I was banded May 20th. I just started eating "real' food this past Thurs. I could eat the way I did before the band if I wanted to, they say that pre 1st fill is more about healing than losing weight. Although I know that, I am still mindful of how much I eat, also, the no drinking during meals is really hard for me, I take small sips just to moisten what I'm eating, I just have to, then after the meal, which has to be over in 10-15 mins, I don't drink then for 30 mins. I am already practicing eating for 10-15 mins, and chewing very well, as if I already had a fill. The Dr said, eat slow, for 10-15 mins, but no longer. No snacking, just 3 meals a day, I can skip a meal, but then must wait til the next mealtime. I am also short, only 4'11", and I started out at 200, currently bouncing between 183-187. I get the 1st fill on June 23rd. Also, I will be 49 in Sept. I'm hoping to get a goal of 115, what about you?

Hi

I am from the UK but used to live in SWFlor. we visit twice a year and still are so in love with your beautiful area.

When we win the lottery we will come back for sure.

I have been banded for 18th months and was told after my fourth fill that my band was now full and I couldn't have any further fills. So I have been 'on my own' since last July and sadly have stuck at the same weight since then. However over the past couple of weeks I seem to have gained around 9/10 lbs which is really worrying. I am going to make a real effort to 'listen' to my band and stop eating when it tells me to rather than the silly habit I have got into of stopping - waiting for that food to digest and then finishing off my meal. I am going to stop and throw away whatever is left and see what happens. If my weight doesnt start moving in the right direction I am going to find a new fill doctor and see what he says.

I have lost about 30 lbs from my highest weight but still need to lose about 30 lbs

Anavrin - I like you am only 4ft 11ins. and am about to turn 55 next birthday.

Edited by GC53
thought of something else I wanted to say.