Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all my CT bandsters! I have been reading the board for quite some time and decided to "come" out and say hello. Alot of your postings have been very helpful in deciding whether this is the right choice for me.

I am being banded on the 20th of June and am very excited, and a little nervous. I just keep reading all the positives on the board, but the most help was reading whether people said it was worth it or not. To me, it is definitely going to be worth not playing the "yo yo" game anymore! :cursing:

Any advice that anyone can give would be most appreciated. I am being banded at St. Vincent's Hospital in Bridgeport by Dr. T. Ehrlich. I start my Optifast pre op diet on Saturday, so I have been enjoying some foods that I won't get to have for a while.

I wish everyone the best of luck and look forward to hearing from some of you! :biggrin2:

Hi and Welcome to the Ct family. Dr. Ehrlich did my surgery as well. I thought I was a slow loser but he seems happy with the amount of weight I've lost so far.

I had a gap of several months between first visit and actual surgery and at the time of the first visit, they did not have a liquid pre-op diet, so I was lucky I didn't have to do that, but the liquid pre-op also jump starts the weight loss, so that's probably the best way to view it to get through it.

The first four days after surgery were the hardest for me but we all get through it.

Good Luck and check in with the Ct group when you get home.

Hi all my CT bandsters! I have been reading the board for quite some time and decided to "come" out and say hello. Alot of your postings have been very helpful in deciding whether this is the right choice for me.

I am being banded on the 20th of June and am very excited, and a little nervous. I just keep reading all the positives on the board, but the most help was reading whether people said it was worth it or not. To me, it is definitely going to be worth not playing the "yo yo" game anymore! :angry:

Any advice that anyone can give would be most appreciated. I am being banded at St. Vincent's Hospital in Bridgeport by Dr. T. Ehrlich. I start my Optifast pre op diet on Saturday, so I have been enjoying some foods that I won't get to have for a while.

welcome to our connecticut blog. Good luck to you and your journey. This is a great site for support and information. This has become a great experience for me. I'm just starting to understand my band. I have my 4th fill tomorrow. I look forward to having you as a part of our group.

Sharon:):smile:

Hi Shortgal & Sharona,

Thanks for your words of support. Shortgal, your weightloss is great! Anything "lost" is always a plus. It's the up and down that I couldn't take anymore. I had did Jenny Craig for about 2 months, but besides being expensive to stay on, when I stopped I gained all the weight back, and plus some!! That's when I started thinking that the smaller portions do work, I lost 15 lbs, but when I stopped, like I said it all came back as usual. That's what really got me thinking about the band. Two of my friends had done gastric bypass about 8 years ago. One did and is still doing great! She follows exactly how she is to eat and drink and watches her portions. The other has stretched her pouch to where she is eating as much, if not more, than when she began. Watching both of them, I feel that I am ready to take on this new lifestyle. I think I'll be more careful about my choices and I do realize this only a TOOL to help me lose the weight. It is not a guarantee. I have about 100 lbs. to lose. You both are doing so well, and are a great inspiration to me to know that it actually can be done! :thumbup:

Hi I am also getting banded June 20 by Dr. Erhlich at St. Vincents! I started my Optifast today.. I wish you lots of luck! I have 129 pounds to lose. If you want to email, email me at 1morrisfamily@comcast.net.

I am being banded on the 20th of June and am very excited, and a little nervous. I just keep reading all the positives on the board, but the most help was reading whether people said it was worth it or not. To me, it is definitely going to be worth not playing the "yo yo" game anymore! :(

I wish everyone the best of luck and look forward to hearing from some of you! :biggrin2:

Hi CTGhostHunter!, I'm also going with Dr. Ehrlich but haven't had my first appointment yet (July 10). It seems like a year from now...I'm too anxious. Can you tell me a little bit about what you've gone through with him up to now? (when your up to it) I hope all is going well with you. Keep us posted on your progress. :unsure:

Hi gottaluvme,

Dr. Ehrlich is awesome. He is very patient and explains everything. His staff is great also. I think there are four of his employees that had the band done. I know one of them is Kevin. He's lost 100lbs. since I last spoke with him.

The time will go by quickly because there are so many tests that have to be done. Like anyone on the board would probably agree, the time that "kills" you is when you get the actual date. Then it takes forever. But it really isn't so bad. He does have you do a 2 week Optifast, followed by 2 days right before the surgery of Clear liquids. It really isn't that bad. The first couple of days are because your body isn't used to not having all the food. But they are there 24/7 if you need anything.

If you'd like you can email directly, gubby214@gmail.com and I will be happy to answer questions you have.

I just took a shower, wiped me out a little, and my husband & I are going grocery shopping. I think that will be it for the day. Looking forward to hearing from you. Hang in there!:(