Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PS - The Forbidden Area?

Would you have your mons lifted?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have your mons lifted?

• Yes, they are as out of shape as I am.
    • No, that area is forbidden!
    • Maybe...

When I had my TT the surgeon automatically gave wan a rejuvenation, a lift, a little bit of Lipo, goddamn she looks good now!

When I had my TT the surgeon automatically gave wan a rejuvenation, a lift, a little bit of Lipo, goddamn she looks good now!

Hysterical! Does she have a set of glamour shots?!?

Much to DH's dismay, no. The thought of the offspring stumbling across such pictatorial evidence is one that leaves me in a cold sweat - mainly at the thought of the future therapists bills.

This has been quite interesting to read, ladies...

I haven't been banded yet, but because of the shape my tummy is now (I have a little apron) I think PS is in my future. Hopefully they've made advanced in preventing keloids (raised, puffy scars) since my other major surgery on my abdomen left me with a thick, ropy-looking scar vertically down the middle of my tummy. It's in the way - I can't even get to my belly-button any more! It's a pain to keep clean, and sometimes it hurts and itches at the same time :thumbup:

Any surgeon I went to for plastic surgery would have to have tons of experience with African-Americans (we seem to keloid more than some others) and potentially with keloid removal / treatment in case something bad DID happen.

I'm looking into a breast lift / augmentation when all is said and done - right now I'm a 42JJ (depending on the manufacturer) - good thing I'm nearly 6 feet tall and broad-shouldered, otherwise I'd be in back trouble!:frown:

I learn so much on this forum, and powder Room is definately my favorite group!:)

actually a lot of surgeon that do a tt on a weight loss patient typically do the mons lift at the same time...

heck im going to make sure it gets done as welll... whats the harm ??? roight??

I would NEVER get it done! I have a friend who had it done and I uh, saw hers... her other friends make fun of her and call it "frankenp*ssy!"

No way, never, ever, ever.

I would NEVER get it done! I have a friend who had it done and I uh, saw hers... her other friends make fun of her and call it "frankenp*ssy!"

That bad?!?!?!?!

To actually "look" at things in general, probably no one would ever know anything had been done as far as mine is concerned. There was no DRASTIC change. There is less fullness....I can feel the pubic bone without nearly the padding it had before. And it lifted things slightly so that contact is easier.

The look is nothing to be concerned with if you have not got a serious problem in the beginning I wouldn't think. I mean my gosh I didn't have a foot of extra skin or anything!!!

The benefits of the surgery are wonderful------I would ask to see B&A pics of ANY surgery you are considering, and many will have patients you can speak to. Because this just like any other PS can be screwed up beyond repair I am sure! Research, but don't discount it if you find a competent surgeon, it truly is worth looking into.

If not just for the physical rejuvenation--the appearance can be just as off putting if you do not have it done. I have seen pics of TT's done without the mons lift, and they had these nice smooth stomachs and then looked like they had a package hidden below!

Key is to find a surgeon who is not afraid to show his work to you, and to work at finding a happy place for you---with enough work to look your best, and yet not forcing things on you that you are not interested in.

Kat

WOW!

I never thought of that being fat...Well let me take that back I never consider getting anything done to that area. But if it's a possibility that it will make my great sex life even greater then I most definitly will be discussing this with my PS before my BR and TT surgery. I plan on wearing some very trashy and skimpy intimate apparel and I want everything looking good. I say if you going to do it...do it right. WOW! The things I learn on this web site... It just blows my mind... but in a good way:blink:

Guest Leslie2Lose

I don't know if I could ever discredit or credit an idea based on one person's experience. You don't know what she may have looked like before. The surgeon may not have been as experienced or something may have gone wrong.

To say no way, never, ever, ever...seems a bit harsh. I don't know if any of my friends - real friends - that would ever make fun of a batched PS job. I'd be going back demanding it to be corrected and/or the doctor discredited. Then again none of my friends would ever see that area anyway -that'd make our realtionship a bit freaky and akward for me.

I know you didn't mean it to be funny but your reply was hysterical to me! I don't like to say "never" but the idea of any of my friends seeing my hooha could not be more foreign to me! Besides (hopeful) bf's and medical professionals, my vajayjay isn't a "need to see" area!!!

I thought the same thing when I thought of friends "seeing" and then naming my parts I had an Eeeeewwwww moment!!! I thought perhaps it was because I am an old lady compared to many of you.......!!

And for what it is worth my gyno did see me, and there was no screaming nor uproarious laughter involved. He was just totally freaked out over how much weight I had lost!!!

Kat

Guest Leslie2Lose

Kat & SNT - I couldn't agree with ya'll more. And hun, age has nothing to do with it...this chickadee thinks that is on a need to see basis. Who needs to see: OBGYN & DH. The former I'm still not real comfortable with - I'm glad there is a sheet blocking he and I. Hell - I haven't even seen it in at least 15 years - LOL

Down 53 pounds and I can see most of things down there. It wasnt the horror fest I was expecting. Not too bad as far looks go. I just didnt realize I had quite a bit of white hairs! YUK! Well, I do have some on my head. Maybe Ill just shave it all off.