Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

first fill tomorrow!

Banded 4/30 so I'm getting my first fill tomorrow. A little scary but I'll be fine. I'm also coming to the appointment with a list of questions and issues. One of my incisions has that hard bit of glue at the end, and it catches on everything and it's gonna pull and bleed. I want that fixed. And I want to know when I can have good old-fashioned sex again. I was originally told 6-8 weeks. I stil feel sore around the port so I'm nervous they'll say another few weeks. Give a girl a break!!!

I told the Dr's office that I'm not leaving until I get all my questions answered.

WISH ME LUCK!

can't believe your doctor told you no sex for that long, mine said 2 weeks but because I had hernia repair 4 weeks. That bit about the glue tag sounds painful!!!!!!! Best of luck tomorrow!

4-6 he said. Frankly, I have felt very sore around the port so I haven't been "in the mood", but I'm getting there.

The glue tag feels like a hard cuticle when you accidentally hit it so it pulls the wrong way. I have a small bandaid on it but it need to be cut or something. I had hoped it would dry and drop off, but not my luck. I just don't want to touch it myself. I'm sure it's simple enough for the surgeon to just clip it and then I'm sure the rest will grow into the scar.

Gwenn did you get your fill? I got my 1st today 2cc now I have 5 total my next is 4 weeks. He also told me I can start solids tomorrow..yeah!!!!!I hope your doctor took care of your glue problem.

Banded 4/30 so I'm getting my first fill tomorrow. A little scary but I'll be fine. I'm also coming to the appointment with a list of questions and issues. One of my incisions has that hard bit of glue at the end, and it catches on everything and it's gonna pull and bleed. I want that fixed.
I had that too. It turns out that it was a stitch poking thru! What I ended up doing was getting a new CLEAN shaver, soaked in alcohol, and I actually very carefully shaved it flush with my skin. It worked! But since you're going to the doctor, I'm sure they'll take care of it for you.

The fill is a piece o' cake.

Hi guys,

Yup, first fill today. The whole story is a thread near the top (it was tonight) on April Bandsters- short story is I was only able to take 2cc-more got stuck with no movement. I feel very contricted and right now can barely get down liquid without discomfort. I understand this happens and that it will loosen up a bit in couple of days. So, I'm on liquids at least for two then mushies for two. But the back-up really burned and hurt so my esophagus is not a happy place. The surgeon did say I can go back on the reflux pills that I like tomorrow, which is very good news. He wants to see me in 4 weeks, but said not to make an appointment for fill because he thinks it's likely I won't need another one for quite a while. Interesting, huh?

As to the thingee sticking out of the incision.....he said it was the end of the suture. At first he thought it would be absorbed but when he looked he saw it was too long and so it's catching on clothing, etc. So, he got a suture kit and as we were in the room for the fills, he didn't have a close strong light to work by, so they ended up getting a flashlight. Very funny. He clipped it good and not it should be fine.

Thanks for the support! Please tell me the ache in my chest will go away and I will eat eventually!