Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got another fill today. I think this is my 4th one? Don't know how much I have in my band as my doctor doesn't tell me.

I lost nine lbs last month! This is really amazing as the last two weeks have been spent riding all over the southeast on my Harley, eating out at restaurants and staying at bed and breakfasts and generally misbehaving.

My doctor told me that I am now approaching the most difficult part of my journey. He said that after having success after four months, you can have a tendency to become satisfied and complacent and begin to slip back into old habits. I have been really aware of this as this has been my major downfall in the past when dieting. I have always been a good dieter, but when I got close to my goal and started liking what I saw in the mirror, I began to get lax. I know that I can't do that this time. I still have more work to do if I want to reach goal and have the plastic surgery that I want.

And speaking of plastic surgery.....I asked my doctor about getting it done and as it turns out he does tummy tucks, arms and thighs. He doesn't do boobs and would refer me to someone else for that. He gave me his price list and getting my tummy and thighs done would be about $13,000. From what I have seen that isn't too bad. I would completely trust him to do this surgery as I know he is an extremely competent surgeon and he is also a perfectionist. Not only that, he could make any changes to my port if needed during the surgery. I am very excited about this. He recommends losing at least another 20 lbs before I get it done as he says my stomach needs to be as flat as possible. At my current rate of weight loss that should only be a couple of more months.

I woke up this morning with a sore throat. It's the first time I've been sick since getting my band. I have found Riccola sugar free throat lozenges which seem to be helping and I'm taking disolvable Zicam tablets to help with my symptoms. I'm feeling pretty miserable right now though as I hate sore throats. I'm hoping I don't get too sick and it makes my band tighter as I can tell I have some pretty decent restriction right now.

So that's it for me right now. Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing and give an update. I've been looking at everyone's progress pictures and everyone is looking fabulous!!!!!! Keep up the great work Double V's!

Hey Karen! I can't believe we have been doing this for 4 months. Somedays it seems longer, some days shorter. I was supposed to have a fill on Thursday, but I called and canceled it because I am still losing (slowly) and I think that I have pretty good restriction.

I went to get a some new shorts today, and I found a really cute pair, but I knew they would be too small. They were on sale, and I am a sucker for a bargin. My friend said, "buy them, you'll be in them soon..." so I did. When I got home I put started putting them away and thought I would try them on for shits and giggles....they fit....perfectly. I was so shocked!!

My bad news is, I was feeling frisky, from my new shorts, and when I my girl came to cut our hair, I thought, what the hell, something new. I LOOK LIKE A BOY. No offense to boys, but I have always had long hair, and I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I wonder if I lost more weight in my hair cut. I am going to go check!

Edited by mhazelrigg
Not finished

From my research 13,000 is extremely low....though it still hurts my heart to think about coughing it up at this point. I still owe like 4500 on my surgery.

But I'm a slow loser. Maybe I won't need it....I'm gonna just keep thinking that. That way when the scale says I've lost 40 instead of 100 lbs I can think "ahhh my body is trying to save me money"

Congrats on the extra 10 lbs gone Karen. That is awesome news. Seriously. You are an inspiration to all the VV!

Hey Karen! I can't believe we have been doing this for 4 months. Somedays it seems longer, some days shorter. I was supposed to have a fill on Thursday, but I called and canceled it because I am still losing (slowly) and I think that I have pretty good restriction.

I went to get a some new shorts today, and I found a really cute pair, but I knew they would be too small. They were on sale, and I am a sucker for a bargin. My friend said, "buy them, you'll be in them soon..." so I did. When I got home I put started putting them away and thought I would try them on for shits and giggles....they fit....perfectly. I was so shocked!!

My bad news is, I was feeling frisky, from my new shorts, and when I my girl came to cut our hair, I thought, what the hell, something new. I LOOK LIKE A BOY. No offense to boys, but I have always had long hair, and I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I wonder if I lost more weight in my hair cut. I am going to go check!

Hi Michelle!

I know what you mean about the four months. It seems like just a few weeks ago we were sweating out waiting for surgery! I'm with you on not being too tight. I definitely know I have restriction this morning. I was drinking my shake and gurgled a bit so I know I was tweaked good. The true test will be tomorrow when I get back on real food.

Congrats on the shorts NSV!!!! I love those! I'm not ready for shorts yet but it seems I have to go buy a new pair of jeans every couple of weeks! It's really hard to try and figure out what size I am as I am making the transition from plus size to misses! Yeah! It's a pain but one I will gladly bear!

I cut my hair short once. I really liked it. It was so easy to take care of. But everyone else said I looked like Sharon Osborne (Ozzy's wife) so I decided to grow it back out (not that she looks bad or anything!) I've now gone completely off the deep end and bleached the underneath sections of my hair while keeping the top black. It's a really cool rock and roll effect especially with the shag hair style but my family thinks I've gone off the deep end. My 16 year old daughter thinks it's cool though! LOL The one nice thing about hair is that it will always grow out!

Keep up the great work!

From my research 13,000 is extremely low....though it still hurts my heart to think about coughing it up at this point. I still owe like 4500 on my surgery.

But I'm a slow loser. Maybe I won't need it....I'm gonna just keep thinking that. That way when the scale says I've lost 40 instead of 100 lbs I can think "ahhh my body is trying to save me money"

Congrats on the extra 10 lbs gone Karen. That is awesome news. Seriously. You are an inspiration to all the VV!

Thanks RSG!!!! I really admire your positive attitude. I know it can be difficult to sustain when you get frustrated with the weight loss but you are always looking for the silver lining and that's something very admirable! I'm going to be looking to you for support and motivation!

Doe sanyone know what a 14w converts into for the most part into regular or misses sizes???? I am having trouble finding clothes to fit properly.

Hey Karen..sorry you've been under the weather. I hope you're feeling better. Sounds like you're still hummin' along with your weight loss just like a ride on your Harley!!

Babedoe-it's funny you should ask about at 14w. I have 3 pairs of jeans that size that are getting loose. I'm scared to venture out to see what's next because it's been so nice being in a size 14. I'm thinking a regular size 16 might be next seeing as there is no size 12w(or at least I haven't seen any). This would be a good topic for a new thread!!

Doe sanyone know what a 14w converts into for the most part into regular or misses sizes???? I am having trouble finding clothes to fit properly.

Babedoe

When I was trying to find some jeans that weren't baggy on me I was trying to find 14W's but there weren't any. I was in a 16W and finally found an 18 Misses that worked for me. Maybe try a 16 Misses? You are just going to have to try on a bunch until you find ones that fit. It took me about six different tries until I found the right one. If it wasn't for my stomach I'd probably be in a 16 but still have to accommodate all that skin.

I went to Christopher Banks and asked the same question! I was shopping at CJ Banks, the plus size version of Christopher Banks, and I couldn't figure out why the same sizes at both places wouldn't fit. Here is what Kay, the very nice lady, whom I am driving crazy told me.

When the "W" is behind the size, 14W, it is a woman's size. It is cut differently. I think she said roomier. If you are in a 14W, you would probably be in a 18 misses. Misses sizes are cut differently too. They are smaller. She said one of the main differences is the length of the waist to crotch. I personally am very short waisted, so Womens sizes have always been too long in the crotch, unless I get a Petite, then it is too short. (I can't win.) Misses sizes are perfect from waist to crotch, but they are too tight in the but. But when I wear a regular, I can't find a pair that fit well.

I found a pair of Tommy pants that I loved the fit. So I bought 3 different pairs. Soon I will be on my next Quest. In my town there is a high end resale shop. I have been shopping there because my wardrobe is changing so quickly.

I totally agree with Karen. Take some time and try on a bunch of different sizes, and soon you will understand how the different brands fit.

Congrats on fitting into a 14 anything! I can't wait until I am there with you!

Hey Karen! It's so good to hear from you, great update! Your ride over the southeast sounds fabulous! You've really done some amazing weight loss . . . I remember (no too long ago!) chatting about our upcoming surgeries, and how you were teasing me about being the "guinea pig" because yours was scheduled first! lol :confused: And now look at us today . . . I'm *almost* at my half way point, and here you are talking about plastic surgery! You are amazing and inspiring! Don't ya just LOVE the band? :wub: {{Big Warm Hugs}} for all your hard work sweetie!

I do hope you are feeling better from your illness though, a sore throat is usually the first thing I get when I get sick, it is awful. Get lots of rest and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Keep in touch! :thumbup: