Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dang I used to be able to finish that!

Well I thought I should start a thread for us to list things that we used to be able to finish! Even things that we wish we had the will power not to finish LOL. I think since we are all relatively new bandsters this would be nice a "progression" type of thread ... as we get tighter and tighter fills LOL. As some of you know I am on fill # 4 (gotta update my signature) and I am kinda tight now. Some days I have real trouble getting stuff down but somedays I am full throttle but any ways here's my list: I use to be able to eat a whole number 5 from Chick Fil A (12 pack nuggets Fries 3 polynesian sauces and a shake) Now I can only eat 8 of the nuggets half the fries and half the shake. 2) I used to be able 2 eat at least 3 bowls of frosted flakes in 1 sitting no ... I have 1 bowl ... and its a very small bowl at that. 3) I have a real issue with corn on the cob ... doesnt go down to well and I can only have 1 ear of corn.

Thats all that I can think right now though. I had alot of things then that went out of my head. But at the same time I can eat for very long anymore but do you guys drink when you eat ... I hear we are not supposed to do that but that's my hardest habit to break!:lol:

But anyway what can't you finish that u used to be able to. But I can stil get down the worsum a$$ Pasta with lots of sauce LOL!

Here is a comparison of what I use to eat:

A HUGE bowl of Pasta and meat sauce (not one of the regular bowls that come with a set, but like the bread bowl thing) and three pieces of texas toast... I don't eat Pasta at all anymore.. though I have tried whole wheat pasta once but was stuffed after a few bites, so it was pointless to me and will never try it again.

I use to be able to eat the 12 pack of nuggets from chic-fil-a with a large waffle fries and a large sweet tea.. now I get a 6 pack nuggets with a kids milk.

At wendy's I use to get a cheeseburger and large chili, now I just get a small chili.

I could down a HUGE chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, red Beans and rice and rolls and now.. i can't have that at all.. I would eat a full footlong from subway.. WITh a bag of chips.. nope.. can't eat that either...

At mexican places I would get the enchilada's and polish off a basket of chips, now I eat one fajita and 3 chips.

At Red Lobster I would eat the entire salad with at least 3 of the biscuits, and all my popcorn shrimp, baked potato and get a dessert. Now I eat some of the salad and some of the shrimp and some potatoe no dessert or biscuits.. if I have a good adjustment I can only eat about 5 of the shrimp and some lettuce.. and potatoe but very little..

I eat a lot of chili, chicken, tuna and vietnamese pho.. Love that stuff!

So, it is a big difference for me... sorry this was so long...

Oh I like this one.

I used to be able to eat a #3 at McD and now I can't eat more than half of a kids cheeseburger, without touching fries or the drink.

At Outback, I used to order the cheese fries, steak, potato, and onion Soup along with tons of soda. Now I can't get past the Soup :eek:

I used to be able to eat a half a bag of chips without even noticing, now I can most of the time eat a full 100 calorie pack of Sun chips.< /p>

I used to be able to eat a quesadilla and a taco meal at Taco Bell with a huge soda, now I can eat about 3/4 of a taco.

I used to be able to eat 3 slices of pizza along with breadsticks and of course some soda, now I can eat 1/2 to 3/4 of a slice of very thin crust.

The funny thing about all of this is that I am so much happier not being able to eat like I used to. Most of the time, I don't miss it. I get full at every meal and almost feel like I am cheating or something because I feel so full.

Oh boy...

I used to be able to eat about four slices of large size pizza, all the fixins -- now I can eat maybe one slice of super thin crust pizza, or maybe a little more if I'm able to that day.

I used to be able to eat a huge bowl of anything that can be put in a bowl and be ate -- now I can eat a very small bowl of (almost) anything.

I used to be able to eat a mexican food meal of two enchiladas and one taco, along with Beans, rice and salad garnishment -- now I can eat one enchilada and half the Beans and half the rice, I can't do lettuce anymore.

I used to be able to eat a Rockzilla and a side of shrimp alfredo with broccoli and about two pieces of the cheese bread at Red Lobster and a few bites of dessert -- now I can only eat a few shrimp (no alfredo pasta), no bread and the broccoli still works. I like to order the fish because it goes down nicely. I stick with the whipped potatoes too but don't even eat half. I still eat a few bites of the dessert.

I can't eat nearly as much as I could before. But here is the thing, even when I am full, instead of pushing it away, I keep eating. WTF? Isn't this what got me here in the first place? I need to keep telling myself that not only is it okay to push my food away, it is imparative!

WEll M, if you can eat as much as before but are still losing, you must be making much healthier choices.

Oh and I am not going to contribute until I finally get my second fill tomorrow. But good thread. You will hear from me in three or four days after my mushies k?

I think the same thing when I go somewhere like Wendy's. I used to get the Single with cheese meal PLUS a small Frostie. I am one who could probably eat this whole thing still if the bread didn't kill me. Granted I DON'T - I am a "kid's meal" girl now - but I probably COULD eat that much. I am just so much more aware in places like that and I watch others eat as much as I used to and am amazed that I ate that much. No wonder I am fat!

There's only one thing I truly miss - Whataburger! Those of you outside of Texas probably don't know what that is, but it's the best hamburger God ever invented, slathered with MUSTARD as He intended burgers to be. God, I miss those. I used to be able to eat a double meat, large fries and a Dr. Pepper the size of a chicken bucket! That's okay... I'm down 3 dress sizes, and a guy a work the other day told me I'm "f-ing hot." LOL! I'll take that over a Whataburger anyday!

There's only one thing I truly miss - Whataburger! Those of you outside of Texas probably don't know what that is, but it's the best hamburger God ever invented, slathered with MUSTARD as He intended burgers to be. God, I miss those. I used to be able to eat a double meat, large fries and a Dr. Pepper the size of a chicken bucket! That's okay... I'm down 3 dress sizes, and a guy a work the other day told me I'm "f-ing hot." LOL! I'll take that over a Whataburger anyday!

WE have whataburger here in Louisiana. I liked their Breakfast.

Somebody mentioned pizza.. I use to be able to eat a medium thin crust pepperoni pizza slathered with pizza sauce.. I haven't even tried eating a piece since being banded.. not sure how that would go down.. but sometimes I do miss that pizza.. lol..

ooh whataburger.. just a plain cheezeburger with ketchup please.. oh man.. YUMMM.. why did you have to say whataburger!

No Whataburgers here in Michigan, but it sounds so yummy! I love anything slathered in mustard! But you are right kjeter - it's SO much better being "f-ing hot" and down several sizes, than eating a Whataburger or any other food! I do miss pizza (anyone with a healthy, low-cal pizza recipe out there?) I haven't had the nerve to try it post-band surgery either. I'd had some Pasta get stuck (OUCH!) and I know any kind of bread probably would too.

Something I noticed recently that I can't finish anymore - a big Greek combination platter at one of my favorite restaurants. It has a slice of spinach pie, stuffed grape leaves with a yummy sauce over them, Mousska, a large serving of rice with that yummy red sauce, and a grilled chicken breast. A huge plate of food, I use to eat ALL of it. PLUS, a greek salad before it, and usually that OPA! flaming cheese as an appetizer! :thumbup: Good grief, I'm glad I can't eat that way anymore. I got daring and ordered this greek combo the other night (way off my plan, my bad) . . . and I was only able to eat a few bites of the Mousska and two of the grape leaves, then I was full. I stayed away from the rice! It seems any type of Pasta is not my friend anymore! I gave the spinach pie and chicken to my hubby. It was nice to eat a few bites of a favorite meal, without over-doing it and gaining any weight.

Gotta love the band! :confused:

I used to be able to eat 4-5 slices of a large pizza plus breadsticks, now I eat 1-2 from a medium (2 only if I really need a fill).

I also ate a 10 piece McNugget, large fry, and a cheeseburger from McDonalds, plus a huge soda. I hardly ever go to McDonalds now, and when I do I get just the patty from a grilled chicken or maybe a burger (again, just the patty) and a couple of fries. No soda.

Usual dinners used to be a large serving of meat (probably 6-8 ozs and usually always red meat) and a large serving of potatoes or Pasta of some type (more than a cup probably), then multiple Snacks until bedtime because I never felt full. Now a typical dinner is 3-4 ozs of lean meat (chicken or turkey usually) and a small baked potato. I'm not a big veggie fan, as much as I try they just feel weird.

I used to never eat Breakfast, but now I always do (usually always Quaker Weight Control instant oatmeal in banana bread flavor...I'm addicted).

I always drank soda or lemonade all day long, now all I drink is Water or an occasional glass of milk.

Hey, Rhapsody, there are three or four recipes for low calorie high Protein pizzas in my new cookbook "The Hungry Girl." I can copy and fax or scan and email to you. Send me a private message with your contact info if interested.

Hey, Rhapsody, there are three or four recipes for low calorie high Protein pizzas in my new cookbook "The Hungry Girl." I can copy and fax or scan and email to you. Send me a private message with your contact info if interested.

Thank-you so much for offering to do this Kjeter, very sweet of you! *warm hugs* But I was so intrigued by the web site and recipes you mentioned, that I had to buy the book! I could use some healthy new ideas in my diet. I was out shopping all day yesterday (and exhausted from the heat & humidity we're having here in Michigan) and I was able to stop in a book store and pick up a copy. Great book! Thanks so much for the recommendation. :(